My cleric questions

Options
cirenax
cirenax Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Cleric
At the first , this is calc of my character: http://mypers.pw/1.3/#66885
I am working with getting better cards/refines/ring :)

So in TW I am usually in cata squad, I take alot damage even though my gear is not meant for it. I was wondering should I make r8r weapon with defense levels or purify spell? Which one would be better for TW? R9 is not really an option for me.

Sins are like my worst enemy, they stun me and aps until I am dead. That's why purify spell would be very nice for me but would +20 defense levels be better anyways? Does it really help with decreasing damage?

Another question, I have been thinking should I get Cloud Stir or Sky Cover? Sky Cover would give nice phys defense boost if I +10 it. Cloud Stir would increase my low magic damage. Which one would be better in the end?

Then last one, should I sacrifice about 100 magic points and put them to vitality? It would lower my magic damage alot, but would it be worth it anyways? I am not meant to dd, I dont really like dd'ing on cleric. I love supporting most.

Sorry about my English. Ty for ur time :P

//changed link to right one
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Looks like you forgot to include your meridians, which might account for the difference in HP and defenses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • cirenax
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Oh yeah true, here we go again: http://mypers.pw/1.3/#66885 b:laugh
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    cirenax wrote: »
    I am working with getting better cards/refines/ring :)

1st thing: max your soulprime/lifeprime cards and do the dailies to get to Astral Sky X.
    So in TW I am usually in cata squad, I take alot damage even though my gear is not meant for it. I was wondering should I make r8r weapon with defense levels or purify spell? Which one would be better for TW? R9 is not really an option for me.

Defense levels 100%. It will help you survive a lot better. Purify is really only if you can take hits which you're not gonna be able to with that gear. Besides, the purify proc rate on r8r is like half of what r9rr is.
    Sins are like my worst enemy, they stun me and aps until I am dead. That's why purify spell would be very nice for me but would +20 defense levels be better anyways? Does it really help with decreasing damage?

If you're still at the point where sins can aps you to death, then yes you'll want the defense levels.
    Another question, I have been thinking should I get Cloud Stir or Sky Cover? Sky Cover would give nice phys defense boost if I +10 it. Cloud Stir would increase my low magic damage. Which one would be better in the end?

Forget the Cloud Stir. Get the Sky Cover. Yet again, for the price of a Sky Cover on my server, I'm pretty sure you could buy r9 ring and some armor pieces.

Probably what would be better for you is to buy a Lunar magic ring to replace the r8 ring for now which will give you pdef, channel, matk, and crit and then save coin to buy r9. Forget the Cloud Stir entirely though. For a cleric, it's really only if you're rich and 1v1 pvp a lot. Or I guess do nothing but pve.
    Then last one, should I sacrifice about 100 magic points and put them to vitality? It would lower my magic damage alot, but would it be worth it anyways? I am not meant to dd, I dont really like dd'ing on cleric. I love supporting most.

For your gear, yes. You can always restat back out later when you have better gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • cirenax
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Ty so much, this helped alot :) I am pretty new with playing cleric so any TW tips are welcome (:
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options

Sorry about my English. Ty for ur time :P

//changed link to right one

I think your build is quite nice for your gear so props to you.

If you prize defense, I would go r8r but try to get a defense level weapon roll rather than a puri proc. Puri proc is nice but if you're having trouble taking damage anyway defense might be nicer imo.

Again, if you're looking for defense I would suggest sky cover rather than cloud stir. Sky covers are very expensive however and if youre looking for Pdef I would repeat what Eoria said. You can get two lunar magic rings for less than the price of sky cover (at least on my server). You get bonus pdef without the loss of magic attack.

Better yet get two physical rings and refine them for even more pdef. The COA ring is nice for attack but for a cleric and that magic defense refine you really could get more pdef with a physical ring, or more magic attack with a different magic ring. If you're capitalising on defense I would definitely go Physical defense refine.

Another thing that casters sometimes do is wings of cloud charger for the added physical defense. I personally havent gone this route so not sure what the loss is on HP for the set bonus of g16 but that is one option.

I dont know your playstyle either but clerics can really **** sins off with plume shell. There are ten seconds out of forty that it leaves you unprotected and you can stack guardian light in there. insta-tanky if you have autopot and mana charm and between these two skills always being up you have lots of time to heal others and buff and stack up chi.

If your cleric's main purpose is healer/TW cata cleric rather than DD I personally would stack some into vit. My cleric has 100 vit and I don't find that it makes too much of a difference for me healing wise, which is all she was built to do anyway.
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Sorry for OOT, just found out about the new site for calculating stat from OP's post. b:victory
    Very up to date, with rebirth, avatar, title, meridian, etc. Thanks.

Could you post the aps sin's gear as well ? I can check his damage per hit on your cleric and it can be used to determine how you should gear up your cleric somehow.

Sacrificing 100 mag points equals to :
    - Less damage dealt/less heal

- Less MDEF

- Less Mana (1 mag = 14 mana, 100 mag=1400 mana)
    Cleric's Plume Shell : "Convert your Mana and Chi into a protective barrier that absorbs 85% of incoming physical damage. Every point of damage absorbed consumes 1 Mana. Lasts 20 seconds."
    100 vit = 1000 hp and a bit of pdef/mdef so you can receive 1000 more damage, physical or magical, but at the same time you lose 1400 MP which can be used to absorb 1400 physical damage whenever plume shell is on.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited February 2015
    Options
    freygin wrote: »
    Sacrificing 100 mag points equals to :
    - Less damage dealt/less heal

- Less MDEF

- Less Mana (1 mag = 14 mana, 100 mag=1400 mana)
    Cleric's Plume Shell : "Convert your Mana and Chi into a protective barrier that absorbs 85% of incoming physical damage. Every point of damage absorbed consumes 1 Mana. Lasts 20 seconds."
    100 vit = 1000 hp and a bit of pdef/mdef so you can receive 1000 more damage, physical or magical, but at the same time you lose 1400 MP which can be used to absorb 1400 physical damage whenever plume shell is on.

What's more important for him now is having a bigger HP pool and more pdef rather than the mdef and any worries about plume shell when it's just gonna get deleted very easy by any phys damage currently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• freygin
    edited February 2015
    Options
    yea, couldn't agree more, but tbh there's still a lot of rooms for improvement to go pvp with the big boys.

That site is really cool, it also has damage calculator, can anyone point out any endgame sin but with aps gear and any endgame cleric from the saved profile there ?
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    http://mypers.pw/1.3/#66885/70353

If you run a search and untick everything besides the class you're looking for you can find a sin that might be more to the specs youre trying to investigate.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • freygin
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Thx, it worked.

I just tried the damage calculator but the result was a bit off, not much but it's there. Still good than nothing.
  • cirenax
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Well I have gotten my gear to this point: http://mypers.pw/1.4/#91749

What next? Should I start with r9rr belt or armor pieces? Weapon should probably be last piece to get, I am super happy with my r8r with defense levels.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Well I have gotten my gear to this point: http://mypers.pw/1.4/#91749

What next? Should I start with r9rr belt or armor pieces? Weapon should probably be last piece to get, I am super happy with my r8r with defense levels.

Didn't see this post until now, but I'll answer anyway.

Get r9rr belt and then probably the r9rr chest for the 5% HP bonus. This way you can keep the 5 piece set bonus on the g16 Nirvana until you can get the rest of the r9rr armor. And yes, weapon last.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Oooh i missed this post as well.

Grats on ypur r8r! Thats a big improvement. Those cards are nice too - as said before and ill say it again level dem soul and lifeprimes.

I agree on the r9 belt and chest. One thing that is a possibility in the right circumstances as well is nwing your r9 ring. This is too expensive to do before worrying about r9 set bonuses generally speaking but id like to point out the pdef benefits of the ring refined are extremely nice, and if youre like me its worth it to get *if* (like me) you go to every nw and hoard thousands of supply tokens :3 the manu cost is still quite high but if you already have the tokens sitting around and are maybe farming the gsts for your gear, its not necessarily a bad idea to do the ring straight out of the gate while you work on the rest.

In the end though an r9 set bonus will give you way more survivability - just depends on what resources you already have available and your timeline for your plan of attack.
  • cirenax
    edited April 2015
    Options
    eirghan wrote: »
    Oooh i missed this post as well.

Grats on ypur r8r! Thats a big improvement. Those cards are nice too - as said before and ill say it again level dem soul and lifeprimes.

I agree on the r9 belt and chest. One thing that is a possibility in the right circumstances as well is nwing your r9 ring. This is too expensive to do before worrying about r9 set bonuses generally speaking but id like to point out the pdef benefits of the ring refined are extremely nice, and if youre like me its worth it to get *if* (like me) you go to every nw and hoard thousands of supply tokens :3 the manu cost is still quite high but if you already have the tokens sitting around and are maybe farming the gsts for your gear, its not necessarily a bad idea to do the ring straight out of the gate while you work on the rest.

In the end though an r9 set bonus will give you way more survivability - just depends on what resources you already have available and your timeline for your plan of attack.

Hehe something even better, I have all r9rr pieces but weapon and wrists now. I was very hesitant of getting them because I share my gear with my veno but I decided to do this because I love my cleric.

I have about 9.5k ish hp, 12k physical defense and 33k magic defense self buffed.

And yeah working on soul and lifeprime.