"I let you hit me"

iperen
iperen Posts: 2
edited February 2015 in Duskblade
Every now and then, I run into some players that I simply can't kill, but manage to prevent them from digging or moving for a while. And then it comes ! The "I let you hit me" or "I wanted to see what the new class can do" pm, usually followed by a super combo to 1shot me for 10x my hp, instead of simply 1shotting me for 3~4x my hp. Especially after the map is over, because you know, robbing a simple 1shot from his buffs is great to show how skilled you actually are.

I'm just curious if anyone else get's that, or similar, pm in NW. Personally, I find this really hillarious and even addicting. It's the main reason I keep going in NW with my duskblade b:laugh No other weak alt ever got me this kind of attention. Perfect troll class b:dirty
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I sometimes let undergeared people hit me on bridge maps because :
    - No fun to kill them
    - More efficient to focus on DDing towers (and those people give me a little additional points)
    - I got some purify when my weapon proc

And I had already asked people not to kill weak APS sins when I carry a flag.

But I won't kill them once the map is over, and I try to kill everyone around on crystal maps if I need to dig...
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Meh. If you're in range of a tower anyway, you've got primal choking mists and galeforce to do some collateral. Dunno if Thicket works on towers, but that should take out/a chunk out of anything around one too...
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited February 2015
    Meh. If you're in range of a tower anyway, you've got primal choking mists and galeforce to do some collateral. Dunno if Thicket works on towers, but that should take out/a chunk out of anything around one too...

For Swirling Mist, this is not totally accurate. It will depend how far from the tower I am and where the opponents are : melee classes are usually not hit by mist if I focus towers, especially if they are in
    my back. And sometimes people try to shoot me from the air ( I dunno why xD)
    You're right about GF which could do real collateral damage in that situation, but as I said, if those are weak people, I do prefer letting them hit me, except if there are too many of them and then GF is awesome or if they try to stunlock/silence me.
    Regarding thicket, it would be a waste of chi in my honest opinion.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • iperen
    iperen Posts: 2
    edited February 2015
    Ofc, there are some cases where you choose to ignore someone who doesn't hurt you, but I think you didn't really looked at the class here. If you want to compare, it would be more like a cleric spamming sleep+gs on you to prevent you from doing an action, not like a sin trying to kill you with 2 digit 5aps.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Regarding thicket, it would be a waste of chi in my honest opinion.

You must be demon mys then b:laugh
    As a sage mys I don't tend to run out of chi as often, esp while attacking towers... NV tends to load up chi fast on sage myssies.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited February 2015
    You must be demon mys then b:laugh
    As a sage mys I don't tend to run out of chi as often, esp while attacking towers... NV tends to load up chi fast on sage myssies.

[OffTopic]
    Nope. My mystic became sage at that time, 3 years ago, when all mystics on server were demon :p
    Thicket is just an uninteresting skill to me, especially sage one, for both PVE and PVP. As I said once, I can see the interest of it for low geared (demon) mystics supporting teamates, but at endgame I don't see any situation where it's not a waste of chi (I don't have chi issue, but the more chi you have, the more you can triple-spark, plus lucky break and rapid growth). I don't even know if I would waste one spark on that, so two is totally out of question.
    [/OffTopic]
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I dunno, I like letting people try to hit me/kill me, especially if I see they're one of the new classes or have the lvl 99 and below NW buff.

They're not the real threat. Best to focus on the stronger players first. If none is around, I'll kill the lowbies/new classes depending on how much they annoy me.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Such people as OP mentioned are a root of failness on our server. Mostly underskilled and overgeared they need to act as if nothing could ever bother them.

It doesn't matter what kind of gear an opponent has. If he/she knows how to play you will be forced to waste genie/Apo/aso to get out of their possible lock (in case of Dusky). If they could get out of it is not the question...they can get out of it. BUT if you manage to put the genie/apo of ppl in CD and otherwise annoy the hell out of them you done everything right.

I call your "victims" fail cause they should be aware of that. Never underestimate anyone or anything. Just kill them while you can. As fast as possible...and not with a 15 sec long combo :D
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited February 2015
    It doesn't matter what kind of gear an opponent has. If he/she knows how to play you will be forced to waste genie/Apo/aso to get out of their possible lock (in case of Dusky). If they could get out of it is not the question...they can get out of it. BUT if you manage to put the genie/apo of ppl in CD and otherwise annoy the hell out of them you done everything right.

You're obviously right, but you would be surprised to know how many sins (or any melee including dusk) in TT 80 gears try to "APS me" (it even happens when I got brambled... but in this case I can't do anything to prevent their death).
    In this case the best thing to do for an arcane player close to endgame is definitely to ignore the 30 damage you receive every two seconds or so (in my opinion, 'cause I don't care about my numbers of kills)

But I don't know any player that would let someone trying to stunlock them without reacting...
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    But I don't know any player that would let someone trying to stunlock them without reacting...

Because the only way to prevent it, is to kill them before they start. Otherwise the exact situation of needing to use genie/apoth to break out of the lock is in play.

This is especially true on flag and crystal maps. You may want to ignore them, but If my SB has 79 skill ready to use, I'm going to stun lock the digger. Run away if they chase, if they go back run back and drop avatar on them.

DB has sleeps, stuns, paralyzes, etc. to disadvantage a player. All players should pretend the enemy knows what they are doing, and play accordingly. Don't dig if someone is nearby already, either chase them away, within reason, and then set up. Or check to see if someone on your team nearby is able to do so, and switch the role to defending the digger.

It's ridiculous how easy it is to distract OP players by tweaking their ego and getting them to chase you around fruitlessly, instead of actually winning. And if they do use genie apoth to stop the harassing, I just move out of their range to see if they will dig or try to kill me and dig. By staying nearby, many will try to kill you to prevent you from attacking them once it wears off, or just off of ego.

And then I HP away. If they go back, they wasted time and I can likely stun them before they finish. If they keep chasing, I lead them far away from anything, or into OP players on my team if they are there. It's all about wasting their time, if they heavily outgear you. Because that's the best option there is, if killing them is off the table.