This weeks Promo, false advertising on PWI's part

selphiro
selphiro Posts: 25 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
So let me remake this post as they 'edited' the Promo reward prices and costs AFTER I submitted a ticket and bought gold.

Lets get it straight, they screwed up and advertised false prices for valid rewards.

I feel lied to, I would NOT have purchased gold had I have known I couldn't get two sets of the scrolls for experience.

Here is my first round of discussion with the Game Masters on resolving this issue.
-snip-

They 'snipped' off the ticket part, however I still have it all screen shot. Guess I will be blasting on reddit as well to see them take action instead of just 'snipping' issues.
Post edited by selphiro on

Comments

• Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    you'll get better results contacting the BBB not reddit.
    b:bye
  • selphiro
    edited January 2015
    That was also mentioned by someone else, which I have also looked into in these last ten minutes.

Thank you. ^_^
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    selphiro wrote: »
    That was also mentioned by someone else, which I have also looked into in these last ten minutes.

Thank you. ^_^

No offense....I applaud you for trying to hold them accountable but they really won't care. On top of which....I am pretty sure this will get shut down since I am pretty sure that you are not allowed to talk of tickets on forums...not sure of the exact rules of governing this but meh. I just stopped putting money into the game.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • selphiro
    edited January 2015
    I heard that as well in game after I spoke about it a bit, I can only imagine it being lock and or removed shortly.

However I just want justice for the bouncing around they've caused for me..
  • Raygan - Sanctuary
    Raygan - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Unfortunately they are not required to honor it just as Walmart wasn't required to honor the PS3sales when they were advertised for like 100$ on their website. If you have not spent the in game gold however they should be able to offer you a refund or I would recommend disputing the charge.
  • SoulPlay - Heavens Tear
    SoulPlay - Heavens Tear Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Unfortunately they are not required to honor it just as Walmart wasn't required to honor the PS3sales when they were advertised for like 100$ on their website. If you have not spent the in game gold however they should be able to offer you a refund or I would recommend disputing the charge.

Here in the UK if an item has a price shown even if its not ment to be that price that is the price you pay, if they have a deal on that ran out yesterday but the price is still shown on the shelf that is the price you pay.

How far back in time is the USA ? Do you have any right's ?
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Attempting to get a refund for gold already purchased is a good way to get your account banned. Techincally the money you spend is a donation. They really do not like giving money back and I have heard instances where people have had their accounts banned for trying. Not a good recommendation for anyone to try to do unless the circumstances are dire.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • selphiro
    edited January 2015
    That is when the better business bureau comes in if they do not honor what is shown.
  • Raygan - Sanctuary
    Raygan - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The TOS states

ANY APPLICABLE ZEN, FEES AND OTHER CHARGES ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE AND NON REFUNDABLE. ZEN HAVE NO MONETARY VALUE AND CANNOT BE REDEEMED FOR CASH. ZEN AND THE RIGHT TO USE APPLICABLE ZEN ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE, IN WHOLE OR PART. THE RIGHT TO USE ZEN IS AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE LICENSE TO USE THE SERVICE AND GAME.

The issue here is that it is an event promo issue. Since they are not obligated to give you anything other then gold for charging gold I'm assuming that's why they are refusing to honor it.

They may also have in their terms and services something saying they have a right to change any sale etc at any time in which case you're just out of luck. (BTW this is why I believe PWI loses so many members. It is a shame how little they seem to care for their customers)

Here is the resolution to the walmart case I mentioned btw that was also a pricing glitch. As I said (though I had the product wrong) Walmart was not forced to honor the price. I don't know the actual laws behind it.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/07/walmart-tech-glitch-bargains_n_4233977.html
  • selphiro
    edited February 2015
    As I completely understand what you are saying, the fact of the matter is the purchase was baited, maybe not intentionally however it was still baited.

This purchase would not have been made otherwise and this is why BBB is around.
    The TOS states

ANY APPLICABLE ZEN, FEES AND OTHER CHARGES ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE AND NON REFUNDABLE. ZEN HAVE NO MONETARY VALUE AND CANNOT BE REDEEMED FOR CASH. ZEN AND THE RIGHT TO USE APPLICABLE ZEN ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE, IN WHOLE OR PART. THE RIGHT TO USE ZEN IS AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE LICENSE TO USE THE SERVICE AND GAME.

The issue here is that it is an event promo issue. Since they are not obligated to give you anything other then gold for charging gold I'm assuming that's why they are refusing to honor it.

They may also have in their terms and services something saying they have a right to change any sale etc at any time in which case you're just out of luck. (BTW this is why I believe PWI loses so many members. It is a shame how little they seem to care for their customers)

Here is the resolution to the walmart case I mentioned btw that was also a pricing glitch. As I said (though I had the product wrong) Walmart was not forced to honor the price. I don't know the actual laws behind it.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/07/walmart-tech-glitch-bargains_n_4233977.html

Also this was not a 'glitch' or a bug as we use in the Dev realm, it was a error which was left un-noticed until reported in by player base.

This should be handled properly and adequately per inquiry about the issue seen, especially when the screenshots(proof) are available.
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah i was wondering if that was a scam its not the first time they did that i belive the first time was with the s card give alway they didnt specify it was c-s card chance rip me off 50 dollars i have the promo page downloaded the recipt and money spent on record i can send it to the bbb tired of there scaming a$$

not true some one got scamed by pwi befor and they won they were refunded all the money that was invested in that acount because it envolves real money any lawyer will tell you if it envolves money you have a claim

wow holy wow it went from 25 dollars real money to 35 dollars how the f u going to change it when the promo had to i think the 5th for 25 dollars i call bs on that blow it up on face book crush them on youtube thats bs and hit up the bbb and digital gambling commstion since they do raffles and chance packs but that stop pwi
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    laiwaisan wrote: »
    wow holy wow it went from 25 dollars real money to 35 dollars how the f u going to change it when the promo had to i think the 5th for 25 dollars i call bs on that blow it up on face book crush them on youtube thats bs and hit up the bbb and digital gambling commstion since they do raffles and chance packs but that stop pwi

Seriously, whatever you said makes no sense in any language, not to mention you seem to be having a conversation with yourself.

Contacting the BBB will get you nothing. It's a promo, unfortunately the point price was wrong, not the first time it's happened. When you whip out your plastic or buy a game card to buy gold, if you receive the correct amount of gold, you got what you paid for. You're not buying scrolls, mounts or whatever, you're buying gold, nothing more. The charge rewards are simply a bonus. That being said, when they say 2500 (or whatever) then they should honor that, unless of course it's some ridiculous typo.
  • selphiro
    edited February 2015
    Seriously, whatever you said makes no sense in any language, not to mention you seem to be having a conversation with yourself.

Contacting the BBB will get you nothing. It's a promo, unfortunately the point price was wrong, not the first time it's happened. When you whip out your plastic or buy a game card to buy gold, if you receive the correct amount of gold, you got what you paid for. You're not buying scrolls, mounts or whatever, you're buying gold, nothing more. The charge rewards are simply a bonus. That being said, when they say 2500 (or whatever) then they should honor that, unless of course it's some ridiculous typo.

Okay, lets take this into perspective.

For one Promo's are a part of PR, which is the marketing scheme that drives sales for the gaming development network.

Sales occur during launch, mid game, and late game. After that is only promo's for sales and bonus's.

The bonus phases is what PWI is into now, which is to draw the current players to keeping the mindset of staying because it is 'worth it'.

With that said, the prices on the promo, which are technically apart of the sale have been falsely advertised should be discreetly taken care of upon reporting the issue.

You don't run a company with the idea of promoting false information, and if you do have false information you own up to it and put a close to it, the proper way. It was a mistake, so own up to it.
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Meh...it was a typo. I'm not going to worry about it. I got my Zen and some nice bonus items for charging. I'm not going to cry over "spilt milk" and PWI changing the value on something that is just a bonus item for charging Zen that was apparently a mistake. The thousands I've spent when there wasn't a charge promo, or worse the times I've charged a lot of Zen only to have a charge promo the next day...have to laugh at those times.

A little charge reward like scrolls having the wrong value....pfffffttttt no big deal
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • selphiro
    edited February 2015
    Meh...it was a typo. I'm not going to worry about it. I got my Zen and some nice bonus items for charging. I'm not going to cry over "spilt milk" and PWI changing the value on something that is just a bonus item for charging Zen that was apparently a mistake. The thousands I've spent when there wasn't a charge promo, or worse the times I've charged a lot of Zen only to have a charge promo the next day...have to laugh at those times.

A little charge reward like scrolls having the wrong value....pfffffttttt no big deal

If I had the previous forum post you'd have sited evidence that this isn't the first time the promo or these values have been used(Original ones).

But the point at hand is they used this as a PR scheme and it does have an effect on sales.
  • jairoluis
    jairoluis Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    redbull got sued because they "false advertised" their energy drinks.
    the persontook them to court because he bought the drink because it would give him wings. the court gave him the reason and now the company has to pay thousands of dollars for false advertizing it.

that might happen to pwi probably??? b:shockedb:shockedb:shockedb:shocked
    edited February 2015
    If I had the previous forum post you'd have sited evidence that this isn't the first time the promo or these values have been used(Original ones).

But the point at hand is they used this as a PR scheme and it does have an effect on sales.

I don't worry about the bonus items. If I charge $100 to 200 for Zen and am supposed to get 100 Zen for $100 and only get 95 Zen then yes, I have a reason to send in a ticket. But if I'm supposed to get 100 Zen and let's say a freebie bonus of 100 event gold, but that's a mistake, and I'm only supposed to get 50 event gold, I'm fine with them only giving me 50 event gold. As long as I got my 100 Zen, the bonuses are just that...bonuses.

Besides, the only thing so far that was incorrectly valued was the fairly useless profundity scrolls. With quests the way they are now, its easy to make the xp value of 10 scrolls in an hour; two if you're really slow. Not a deal breaker in my opinion.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Okay, lets take this into perspective.

For one Promo's are a part of PR, which is the marketing scheme that drives sales for the gaming development network.

Sales occur during launch, mid game, and late game. After that is only promo's for sales and bonus's.

The bonus phases is what PWI is into now, which is to draw the current players to keeping the mindset of staying because it is 'worth it'.

With that said, the prices on the promo, which are technically apart of the sale have been falsely advertised should be discreetly taken care of upon reporting the issue.

You don't run a company with the idea of promoting false information, and if you do have false information you own up to it and put a close to it, the proper way. It was a mistake, so own up to it.

The idea of promoting false information, not likely, a mistake yes. Like I said then they should honor that mistake. Ever hear the saying "buyer beware" because it applies here. If you had a bit of intelligence you would have looked at the rewards page first to confirm the exchange rates then bought your gold and got your bonus.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jairoluis wrote: »
    the persontook them to court because he bought the drink because it would give him wings. the court gave him the reason and now the company has to pay thousands of dollars for false advertizing it.

Are you serious?
    Dont know who is more stupid.
    The guy that sued Redbull or the court.
    b:laugh
    giphy.gif

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jairoluis wrote: »

CVS PUNISHED FOR MISLEADING PRODUCT PACKAGING
    http://abc30.com/shopping/cvs-punished-for-misleading-product-packaging/335702/

Ghirardelli White Chocolate Class Action Settlement
    http://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/open-lawsuit-settlements/42739-ghirardelli-white-chocolate-class-action-settlement/

Organix Hair Care, Skin Care Class Action Lawsuit Settlement
    http://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/closed-settlements/5125-organix-hair-care-skin-care-class-action-lawsuit-settlement/

Yes advertising a product matters.
  • kikiwikilili
    kikiwikilili Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So let me remake this post as they 'edited' the Promo reward prices and costs AFTER I submitted a ticket and bought gold.

Lets get it straight, they screwed up and advertised false prices for valid rewards.

I feel lied to, I would NOT have purchased gold had I have known I couldn't get two sets of the scrolls for experience.

Here is my first round of discussion with the Game Masters on resolving this issue.
    -snip-

Players still buy golds?!?
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Players still buy golds?!?

Game still running?!?
  • tmllover
    tmllover Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1. This is the perfect reason why NOT to charge money into this game.

2. PWE (sparkie) has messed up on his posts many many times. They are littered with mistakes, and wrong information. This has been brought up, but in the end, there is no proof reading done when it comes to this type of thing.

3. Going to the BBB will get you know where. They are a business just like PWE. If you pay them enough, you will have a good rating with them, or they will remove "strikes" against your. Here is PWEs rating with them
    http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-gaming/perfect-world-entertainment-in-redwood-city-ca-375623

You really think a company like PWE truly deserves an A+ rating? Nope, but like I said. Money talkes. The BBB is a joke.

4. Trying to sue them wouldnt really work, or be worth it unless it was done in small claims court. Would likely cost you a couple hundred to file a case. Although if it is something you wanted to pursue go for it. They would have to travel to where ever it is the case was filed. If they dont show, they lose, if they do show up they have spent a **** load in travel fees, which would make it worth it even if you lose the case.

5. Dont charge anymore money into this game. I have no idea why people spend money on something they do not own.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Too many issues for a case to work against it anyways.

Their promotional gives exactly what it says it does. They give you the ring for spending in game. The ring needs further requirements to utilize it, but that is also not something they preclude you from doing. So it's just they don't provide every requirement to utilize what it was thought to.

So while there is a case there, it is further weakened by the fact the argument of charging gold to just get the promotional would be weakened, since it can be proven a lot of the gold charged was spent in game for other items. Making it not the sole reason for charging in the first place.

But moreover, charging gold was never a requirement to get the promotional item anyways. So you can't even argue from that one tenuous stand-point, since many of us got the item not charging any gold whatsoever to get it. Which pretty much kills the only stand-point for even a weak case against the licensee for PWI. Because charging was never a requirement to get it.
  • selphiro
    edited February 2015
    Too many issues for a case to work against it anyways.

Their promotional gives exactly what it says it does. They give you the ring for spending in game. The ring needs further requirements to utilize it, but that is also not something they preclude you from doing. So it's just they don't provide every requirement to utilize what it was thought to.

So while there is a case there, it is further weakened by the fact the argument of charging gold to just get the promotional would be weakened, since it can be proven a lot of the gold charged was spent in game for other items. Making it not the sole reason for charging in the first place.

But moreover, charging gold was never a requirement to get the promotional item anyways. So you can't even argue from that one tenuous stand-point, since many of us got the item not charging any gold whatsoever to get it. Which pretty much kills the only stand-point for even a weak case against the licensee for PWI. Because charging was never a requirement to get it.

I understand what you are saying, however the issue was not the 'ring'.

It was the values listed for the bonus points. It was apart of the PR for this weeks sales, thus is factors into purchases. Simple as that.

On another note, I have decided to drop my ticket with their support. I will simply file a complaint and leave it at that. I will not charge back, I enjoy the game. I don't want to charge back, I do wish to support it. However, until they can get their priorities straight and do a simple cross checking on values with rewards the next time they use it as a PR stunt I will not be purchasing anymore gold in support of the game or my game play.

I've been here on this game for about 3 weeks, really wished to not experience such a lack of support so soon.

~End Rant and I will not be replying to the thread any longer.

P.S Continue to flame on
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Here in the UK if an item has a price shown even if its not ment to be that price that is the price you pay, if they have a deal on that ran out yesterday but the price is still shown on the shelf that is the price you pay.

How far back in time is the USA ? Do you have any right's ?
    Thats not strictly true. Whilst most companies will honor incorrectly price ticketed goods as a good will gesture they are not require to by law to do so.

"If an item is priced incorrectly on the shelf, or scans at the wrong price at the till, retailers are under no obligation to honour it, under the Sale of Goods Act. They can offer the item at the correct price or refuse your money and withdraw the product from sale."

Same with online items, a contract between the retailer and the customer doesnt happen when you pay money, or order a particular item, the contract only exists when the customer recieves the item. Up until the customer acutally recieves the item there is no legal requirement for the company to actually give you the said item. They can easily return you your cash.

The issue here would be did PWI deliberately mislead customers to get them to charge? If the act wasn't deliberate then they dont need to honor it, they can change the conditions of it and there is nothing you can do but moan about it.
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I dont know promo or not if it involves money ur kinda screwed because your lureing people to spend money and wether its hard cold cash or an electronic purchase your offering better be what you say it is BBB spread the word.

i notice those chance packs are gambling and it involves money wonder if they can fall under the gameing commistion electronic gambling laws lol pwi haveing to pay out for once taxes b:chuckle

on another note i did see a complaint to the BBB and you have to dig but pwi did pay back some one all the money asochiated with an acount and the person asked pwi to close the acount saying he never play this game algain.

they have become hell of greedy of late
    edited February 2015
    Remember too, no matter what you purchase in game, how much Zen you purchase, how many bonuses you get, everything in game you have on your character belongs to PWI not you. If and when they pull the plug, the game shuts down and you take none of it with you. The money you spent is not refunded. Your r9rr +12, JoSD, full nuema set disappears with the game so to complain about a little thing such as the freebie bonus for Zen purchases seems a bit trivial.

All you and I will be left with are the memories and the thousands we spent for entertainment b:thanks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • selphiro
    edited February 2015
    Remember too, no matter what you purchase in game, how much Zen you purchase, how many bonuses you get, everything in game you have on your character belongs to PWI not you. If and when they pull the plug, the game shuts down and you take none of it with you. The money you spent is not refunded. Your r9rr +12, JoSD, full nuema set disappears with the game so to complain about a little thing such as the freebie bonus for Zen purchases seems a bit trivial.

All you and I will be left with are the memories and the thousands we spent for entertainment b:thanks

Let me ask you this, lets say there is a desktop monitor you really want, but also need a keyboard.

When you are looking at prices you see that if you buy X Monitor you get Y Keyboard for free for this one week with a rebate.

You buy it, but when you get to the counter they tell you actually you have to purchase a bit more then what was said previously to get said keyboard.

Then you ask, but the promo said if I purchase X Monitor I get Y Keyboard.

They say, well we know we said that but we actually messed up and you have to purchase a 4 gig Ram stick as well to make the purchase hit the numbers we are looking for to gain access to that rebate.

That is a PR scheme, which is apart of sale and helps them close deals on said sales.