Spend Promo for 1/28-2/1

Options
demansfairy
demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
Ok, what the actual ****, who's idea is to have diamond rings as a spend promo? I know it's a bad thing to complain about something free but FFS we have a code for a 30 att lv/ 15def+15att lv blessing. This item is literally worthless, hell it's even worse since it clutters up the mailbox. Honestly I'd prefer no spend promo to the diamond ring because then i wouldn't have to delete 10 dam items from my mailbox.
full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
Post edited by demansfairy on

Comments

• DeathenShada - Archosaur
    DeathenShada - Archosaur Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Agreed, and you have to even be married to use it. Can we have something actually useful like maybe a B-A Card pack? Like seriously anything is better than that.

If not I vote just get rid of the reward, save me the time to npc the ring.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Needs to come with complementary marriage packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Toddloveleah - Harshlands
    Toddloveleah - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Agreed, completely useless.

As there haven't been weekly codes lately, no raffle codes and sparkie seems to be mia. PWI must of just decided to have this promo as....something I guess.

But yeah completely worthless unless for some reason you can't get free blessings and happen to be married that's about it.
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Agreed, completely useless.

As there haven't been weekly codes lately, no raffle codes and sparkie seems to be mia. PWI must of just decided to have this promo as....something I guess.

But yeah completely worthless unless for some reason you can't get free blessings and happen to be married that's about it.

Yep. Sparkie likes to disappear every now and then. That's most likely due to running multiple sections of the company and being severely short-staffed. As always, when you need to find someone to blame, normally PWE/Wanmei are the general culprits.

Also, sparkie doesn't determine the sales/discounts/prizes, etc. His bosses do.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yep. Sparkie likes to disappear every now and then. That's most likely due to running multiple sections of the company and being severely short-staffed. As always, when you need to find someone to blame, normally PWE/Wanmei are the general culprits.

Cool story bruh, only thing I said was sparkie went mia I didn't put any blame on him just said he was mia.

Assuming makes a you know what out of you and me.
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Cool story bruh, only thing I said was sparkie went mia I didn't put any blame on him just said he was mia.

Assuming makes a you know what out of you and me.

Assuming? Story? Huh? No assumption involved, but your last comment made you look pretty unaware of the current situation @ PWE. Sparkie runs ARC's community management system and is the CM of a couple other PWE titles.

Unless what you are stating is that sparkiesoft has multiple twins?
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Assuming? Story? Huh? No assumption involved, but your last comment made you look pretty unaware of the current situation @ PWE. Sparkie runs ARC's community management system and is the CM of a couple other PWE titles.

Unless what you are stating is that sparkiesoft has multiple twins?

No all I said was diamond rings are worthless unless you are married and can't get free blessings in my last statement.

Then you went off saying sparkie doesn't control prices or anything which IDEK how you got on that subject all I said about sparkie in my whole pretty short statement was he's MIA.

You were assuming I was placing a bunch of blame on sparkie or something, you were wrong deal with it.

No one in this thread so far placed any blame on sparkie and the only person that mentioned sparkie was me and all I said was "sparkie is mia". That's it.
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited January 2015
    Options
    No all I said was diamond rings are worthless unless you are married and can't get free blessings in my last statement.

Then you went off saying sparkie doesn't control prices or anything which IDEK how you got on that subject all I said about sparkie in my whole pretty short statement was he's MIA.

You were assuming I was placing a bunch of blame on sparkie or something, you were wrong deal with it.

No one in this thread so far placed any blame on sparkie and the only person that mentioned sparkie was me and all I said was "sparkie is mia". That's it.

And he is MIA because of what I stated. This isn't a story, lol. I fail to see what you are trying to state.

1.) It's not a story.
    2.) Fact: Sparkie is MIA.
    3.) Fact: Sparkie is MIA because of the above.
    4.) I never assumed anyone placed blame on anyone; you made the assumption that I assumed you assumed something, which in return, was invalid and untrue.
    5.) Saying someone is MIA means "missing in action"; I gave the reason(s) why he is "missing in action"; you stated that I assumed you put blame on him for this, which was untrue.
    edited January 2015
    Options

Then what was this statement even about? were you just saying that to say that because if its not at me then you shouldn't quote or at least make it obvious you aren't saying that at me.

But really I'm not going to keep replying all your replies make zero sense and if you weren't trying to come at me about mentioning sparkie than you sure did fool me because if some read your first statement they would probably guess you were replying to someone that put blame on sparkie which aint true.

peace
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Then what was this statement even about? were you just saying that to say that because if its not at me then you shouldn't quote or at least make it obvious you aren't saying that at me.

But really I'm not going to keep replying all your replies make zero sense and if you weren't trying to come at me about mentioning sparkie than you sure did fool me because if some read your first statement they would probably guess you were replying to someone that put blame on sparkie which aint true.

peace

I said it because you had initially brought up Sparkie and how he generally is no where to be found. By simply stating where he is and why he is there instead of here, I brought forth an articulate statement of compounding factual evidence. Sure, we could have simply stated "Sparkie is MIA", and left it at that. I think that by quoting the person that stated that and referencing said quote, it makes the initial argument of where sparkie is actually have relevance. One would not simply just state something about a staff member of PWE without context, would they?

For example,

"Yes I could put it in my mouth too!"

That means very little, yes? Plus, it sounds wrong!

Let's put it into context by quoting what the second person in this hypothetical conversation would have stated prior to the above:

"I'm going to grab some bacon and put in in my mouth. How about you?"

Now, by quoting the above, it brings context to the situation. It melds the two together to formulate a cohesive statement, argument, question, theory, retort, etc. When you stated "sparkie is MIA", I made a statement in regards to your statement. In order to properly do that, one should quote the initial statement to give context.

Whether or not you continue to reply is irrelevant. I feel that if a reader saw this, they should have enough context to conclude what my statement was.
  • DeathenShada - Archosaur
    DeathenShada - Archosaur Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Anyone else getting free diamond rings? I literally logged into and got 3 rings (did not buy gold yet). Then I went and NPC'd them YAY!

But seriously your GM auto mail is messed up, giving me stuff I don't want.
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Reward Distribution

Promotion is repeatable up to 10 times per character!
    All items will be acquired through the in-game mail system.
    Reward items will be sent within the first 2 hours following the end of the promotion.
    All items acquired will be bound.
    Items will be sent to the character that made the purchase.

b:laugh Why do I need 10 of those rings?

No I mean seriously I would understand if it was b pack or exp scrolls or something consumable..
    But I wonder what does someone do with 10 of those rings ?b:laugh

even so it's free so... b:bye

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    So is polygamy coming into the game, or is this a reward promo only Duke Blacke gets any use out of?
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    yeah its been garbage lately but my personal fave is how they dont mention the have to be married to use it part srry feels like a scam regardless if its spend 40 get it
  • Medeina - Raging Tide
    Medeina - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    But seriously, guys, why you complaining? Dont you want to put a ring on every pixel finger you have? b:chuckle
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    FYI, if you charge money to get this ring, and are not married, you can go back to the merchant that processed your charge and dispute the charge for PWE not fulfilling their bargain.

This is possible because sparkiesoft does not mention you must be married in game to use the ring. And the ring is being advertised as a 'reward' for charging $40, which is considered a transaction for goods promised by the company. Sure you will get it, but you can't use it, which defeats the purpose.

So...charge away, people. And dispute! That will teach PWE ;)
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Needs to come with complementary marriage packs.

Agreed! b:laugh
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    This is what happens when noobs that have never played pwi, have no idea what items are, decide what we get as 'rewards'.

OOH LOOK SHINY RING yes they will love this..
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    FYI, if you charge money to get this ring, and are not married, you can go back to the merchant that processed your charge and dispute the charge for PWE not fulfilling their bargain.

This is possible because sparkiesoft does not mention you must be married in game to use the ring. And the ring is being advertised as a 'reward' for charging $40, which is considered a transaction for goods promised by the company. Sure you will get it, but you can't use it, which defeats the purpose.

So...charge away, people. And dispute! That will teach PWE ;)

Actually its a "spend" reward not a "charge" reward. The rewards for charging are things like profundity scrolls, demon/sage event cards, mounts, etc. Being that the ring is for a spend reward, you are spending gold you either received from coin farming (free gold), or zen purchases (with nice additional charge rewards), and as you are spending said gold, you are getting items you wanted to purchase, PLUS the freebie of the diamond ring which you wouldn't normally get for spending gold except during a spend rewards promotion.

PWI did in fact fulfill their end of the bargain. You bought items you wanted AND they give you a diamond ring. Not their fault you are not married in game and cannot use it which even those that are married in game don't use it as the free blessing is much better anyway
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    So is polygamy coming into the game, or is this a reward promo only Duke Blacke gets any use out of?

Still not sure how he managed to get 7 wives considering even the npcs hate him @.@.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105