so, what about the lag?

Options
shashahah
shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
is anything being done about it at all?

but seeing how every post of mine regarding this gets deleted i doubt it

anyway, yet again, heres the issue:
since around 3 weeks before eclipse expansion (= end of november/beginning of december), a majority of european players gets massive perma lag between 10am to at least 2pm (PDT, for europeans its like 5pm-1am overall), lagspikes until 4pm and then lagging for another hour
weekends lag usually starts a few h earlier

and when i say "massive" im talking about permanent ping of 15k and higher, if u can even log in at all

and no this is not internet-related; given theres hundreds of players who suffer from that its a bit too much of an accident to start lagging at the same time no matter ur provider, dont u think

so what id like to know is,
- why is there even that much of a lag during those specific times
- is there even anything done about it?

just sux that if u actually wanted to play the game as an european player ud have to adjust ur sleeping schedule, and i guess especially those who actually spend money on this game arent exactly happy about this either
Post edited by shashahah on

Comments

• Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    shashahah wrote: »

b:angry

Personally, I admire the programmers who have built a program that automatically drops ping times during certain times of the day, and for certain people on certain servers. Hell, I was already amazed that they figured out how to alter the drop tables when my sin was in 3-2, and managed to double the ping time when I was pulling Wurlord in 2-3.

That kind of specific programming skill, and the ability to accurately look into the future should be celebrated.

Well Done!

b:victory
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I don't seem to have much lag from Europe, I've had 200-300 ping since 2008. b:shocked