DOT vs DEX

Options
crashbandcoot
crashbandcoot Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Assassin
i have a sin that have 897 Dex and 167 atk lvl

What i want to know is it better to get full dex engraves (neack and rings) or should i go atk lvl engraves

with dex engraves i will be 974 dex and 167 atk lvl

and if with atk lvl engraves ima be at 897 dex and 181 atk lvl

i would like an answer with numbers to prove it or maby the formula used to calculate damage

Thankx in advance..
Post edited by crashbandcoot on

Comments

• Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    With Atk level being a multiplier based on your current attack I think it would be better to go dexterity engraves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    so its 77 dex vs 14 attack level.

That dex will increase your attack multiplier from (1+dex/150) 7 to 7.5. With passives and skills bonusses etc its probably more like 8 to 8.5 (skills that say +xxx% weapon dmg add to this multiplier as well as i dont know if sins have this, a passive weapon mastery skill)

That is an increase of a 6.25%. You will also get 4% more crit. Since your crit is getting near 100%, that will increase your damage output by slightly more than 2%. Total increase would be about 8.3 - 8.5%
    (Except if that 40% bonus skill puts you at 95% already, then the crit bonus would be wasted in that situation)

Assuming enemies with on average 67 defence levels, (average between josds and non josds) the attack levels will increase your effective alvl from 100 to 114. Or your dmg output trough attack levels from 200 to 214. A 7% increase. If against some extreme defence enemy like a JOSD seeker that has say 117 defence levels, you would increase your eff attack levels from 50 to 64. and thus dmg output from 150 to 164, a 9.5% increase.

So dex is much better against weak enemies with no JOSD.
    Dex is slightly better against the average enemy.
    Attack levels are slightly better against those with high def levels.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • crashbandcoot
    crashbandcoot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    i forgot to say i am considering Endgame ppl...so it will be aginist ppl with about 145-150 def lvl

and for phy atk /crit

and for phy atk i am at 47k-50.7k when using atk lvl engrave

while 49.3-53.2k with dex engraves
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    i forgot to say i am considering Endgame ppl...so it will be aginist ppl with about 145-150 def lvl

and for phy atk /crit

and for phy atk i am at 47k-50.7k when using atk lvl engrave

while 49.3-53.2k with dex engraves

unless i missed something that sort of phys atk would require neuma portal lvl 80 ra2 set....

by the time anyone gets that well have r10
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You can try comparing builds in mypers.pw , it also has damage simulation in there.