Sanctuary lag issues

Options
LiQQy - Sanctuary
LiQQy - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Support Desk
Could someone look into the lag issues on sanctuary. Many people are having really bad lagspikes. Its been going on for like 2 months now that the ping goes up and down up to 20K for like 3 hours per day. Its always around the same time like 10am - 1pm server time. It seems to mostly affect euro players but I've heard from some US players that they are having issues too.

If this is still the same routing problem from 2 months ago its probably time to fix it. b:surrender
Post edited by LiQQy - Sanctuary on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Sounds like you need to read my sticky thread in this forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LiQQy - Sanctuary
    LiQQy - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Sounds like you need to read my sticky thread in this forum.

Regardless of how many posts there are about this topic. This issues has been known for so long and nothing has been done.
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Regardless of how many posts there are about this topic. This issues has been known for so long and nothing has been done.
    And no matter how many times people post this dribble, when you post the information I ask for, I am usually able to narrow it down.

Since you're on Sanctuary, it's most likely the International hub in LA causing the issue. That's been a problem for a few weeks now. Not a lot you can do about it, and nothing PWE can do either.

You could follow some simple steps, educate yourself, and if you still have issues and want help, post the data I ask for.

Sitting there whining won't get you anywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nemisabu
    nemisabu Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi,

I'm from Sanctuary and I second Liqqy's and several other people's issues with the connection. Usually starts to happen after 10-11 am server time with me but it's also there at later times now (5pm). I

I'm getting usually high ping or 0 ping (screen frozen, can see chat but not able to move or do anything)

traceroute:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
    (c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. Alle rechten voorbehouden.

C:\WINDOWS\System32>tracert pwigc2.perfectworld.com

Tracing route to pwigc2.perfectworld.com [66.151.133.71]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms removed
    2 5 ms 6 ms 8 ms removed
    3 7 ms 12 ms 8 ms removed
    4 9 ms 8 ms 8 ms removed
    5 11 ms 10 ms 11 ms removed
    6 13 ms 8 ms 9 ms removed
    7 171 ms 178 ms 175 ms xe-5-1-0.sjc10.ip4.gtt.net [89.149.186.250]
    8 169 ms 171 ms 169 ms internap-gw.ip4.gtt.net [77.67.70.26]
    9 168 ms 167 ms 170 ms border2.t7-1-bbnet1.sje004.pnap.net [66.151.144.
    20]
    10 199 ms 172 ms 173 ms perfectworld-10.border2.sje004.pnap.net [64.95.1
    43.190]
    11 170 ms 167 ms 171 ms 66.151.133.71

Trace complete.

C:\WINDOWS\System32>

314dsh5.jpg
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Trace looks good, but if you're getting 0ping in-game and your screen is frozen, that's on your PC.

I need a link to the published Speccy output, just as described in my sticky thread. The data you gave from Speccy there is mostly useless aside from being able to tell you that you're playing the game at about the minimum recommended resolution if you play in full-screen mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DoSz_Bow - Sanctuary
    DoSz_Bow - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I just want to know whats up with this "0 ping glitch". So many times lately i have logged in and i have a 0 ping with a msg "Server error. Please log off and try again."
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I just want to know whats up with this "0 ping glitch". So many times lately i have logged in and i have a 0 ping with a msg "Server error. Please log off and try again."
    Every case I've seen has been a local issue caused by security software.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nemisabu
    edited January 2015
    Options
    extra information

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/g8FkXvotQDS5XCiHHhulGDu

Just made, the problem it's time related.. Since so many people got this 0 ping issue just recently, doubt the problem is on our side.
    edited January 2015
    Options
    nemisabu wrote: »
    extra information

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/g8FkXvotQDS5XCiHHhulGDu

Just made, the problem it's time related.. Since so many people got this 0 ping issue just recently, doubt the problem is on our side.

You're using AVG, which while being the second best AV product around, it's also great at finding false-positives in your client. Which leads to it "cleaning" the client files and corrupting them. You need to exclude the client from the firewall as well, or the scan process on the data will cause you great amounts of lag.

You have a really strange mix of Office 2003 and Office 2013 there. Not really related to PWI, aside from Excel version 2003 was running when you took the scan. If you didn't have the program open, that's a process that can hang sometimes when an add-in has failed and will cause stability issues.

You have a fair amount of bloat of the PC. Check the "Toshiba Password Utility" for integrity. That one is common for becoming corrupted and overridden my malware. Remove any manufacturer software you aren't using. Most of it just phones home to give them your personal data for "marketing" purposes and will cause a delay in system response as a result of their tracking.

TiWorker.exe is a legit process for the Windows Update process, but yours is running from a temp folder and looks a bit suspicious. To be certain, I would highly recommend downloading MalwareBytes and run a scan as this is another one of those legit programs that is easily, and commonly, hijacked by malicious programs.

There is a newer video driver available for your system. Download it straight from AMD/ATI and perform a clean install. (Option is under advanced install settings.)
    You are running version 13.251.0.0
    Current version is 14.501.1003
    That's going to make for some pretty significant changes in the graphic abilities of the laptop.

Your HD is a bit slow by today's standards, so whenever you use a program like PWI that is CPU and HD intensive, you're going to experience latency and FPS drops when entering areas like West Arch, TW, and NW. It should smooth out shortly after the initial load, but pulling all the textures from the drive will take longer. To be honest, I'm a bit surprised Toshiba cheaped out on the HD like that in your build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nemisabu
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thanks alot mate, thats some nice information you got there.

You got any suggestion for a better antivirus program? I will definitely try your suggestions later. Excel was on, I like 2003 for what I use it for :)

The thing is my pc can handle alot, almost anything (even TW) pretty smootly but this issue with 0 ping started recently and happens out of nothing. It's probably something like a antivirus/firewall issue I think, since im not the only one affected by this.
    edited January 2015
    Options
    nemisabu wrote: »
    Thanks alot mate, thats some nice information you got there.

You got any suggestion for a better antivirus program? I will definitely try your suggestions later. Excel was on, I like 2003 for what I use it for :)

The thing is my pc can handle alot, almost anything (even TW) pretty smootly but this issue with 0 ping started recently and happens out of nothing. It's probably something like a antivirus/firewall issue I think, since im not the only one affected by this.

You have AVG, which is #2. BitDefender is #1. As far as detection goes, they are the same. BitDefender stole the #1 spot because it has like a 5% lesser impact on system performance when you're browsing websites. Before that, AVG was #1 for many years.

Personally, if you paid for AVG, stick with it. The difference between BitDefender and AVG isn't enough to be worth changing mid-stream.

Your PC can handle a lot of current titles, but remember, this engine (though slightly updated) is based on tech that's over 10 years old. It's not as able to take advantage of the features of newer technology.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hawkins08
    hawkins08 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    lol can anyone disable this smartass SylenThunder b:thanks

so much ppl report the same problem, only since recently only on evening (or same time with one on different time zone, always) withing the same amount of ping and same amount of hours it goes on every day, same story

and you seriosly can only give smart comments about AVG and hardware?

dude shut up already, this isnt on our computer / tech side

we want a fix and honest answer and solution nto by one smart *** trying to make our PC look bad, kkthxbye
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    did the IPs change at some point? the IP that is resolved after tracing pwigc2.perfectworld.com is 66.151.133.71 not 64.74.134.24 as seen here:

tracerttosanct2_zps623a7890.png

just like a few months ago, the 4th hop always gives trouble, but in the next image tracing towards the first IP listed by PWE 64.74.134.24 dies out at what appears to be PWE's host:

tracerttosanctuary_zps4df3db5b.png

66.151.144.80 is where my traces seems to hit a brick wall. i am not the best at reading all this networking jargon but it seems to me that the connection issues happen AFTER a hop on a host that appears to belong to PWE...

http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=express&host=pwe-inc.com
    edited January 2015
    Options
    hawkins08 wrote: »
    lol can anyone disable this smartass SylenThunder b:thanks

so much ppl report the same problem, only since recently only on evening (or same time with one on different time zone, always) withing the same amount of ping and same amount of hours it goes on every day, same story

and you seriosly can only give smart comments about AVG and hardware?

dude shut up already, this isnt on our computer / tech side

we want a fix and honest answer and solution nto by one smart *** trying to make our PC look bad, kkthxbye
    I've given nothing but honest answers when provided with helpful information. in most cases I'm either able to resolve the issues, or can at least point out where the problem actually lies. So far, that's been the case for every single person that has posted their data with only one exception in the past year or so.

My track record speaks for itself. You just don't want to admit that you could be wrong.
    did the IPs change at some point? the IP that is resolved after tracing pwigc2.perfectworld.com is 66.151.133.71 not 64.74.134.24 as seen here:

tracerttosanct2_zps623a7890.png

just like a few months ago, the 4th hop always gives trouble, but in the next image tracing towards the first IP listed by PWE 64.74.134.24 dies out at what appears to be PWE's host:

tracerttosanctuary_zps4df3db5b.png

66.151.144.80 is where my traces seems to hit a brick wall. i am not the best at reading all this networking jargon but it seems to me that the connection issues happen AFTER a hop on a host that appears to belong to PWE...

http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=express&host=pwe-inc.com
    PWE uses several IP addresses for each server. it's part of the load-balancing that occurs.

This Post is a bit old, but has most of them listed. There have been a few added since then.

On your last screen, it stops getting a response after hop 8 because the device is not returning ping requests as part of a security feature against DDoS attacks. Same this is likely happening on Hop 4. Not seeing any issue with your ping connection there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    On your last screen, it stops getting a response after hop 8 because the device is not returning ping requests as part of a security feature against DDoS attacks. Same this is likely happening on Hop 4. Not seeing any issue with your ping connection there.

thanks for looking at that. oh and dont mind the lil trolls, over the time i have been on these forums i have seen you take more than your fair share of abuse for doing something you are not even being compensated for. that alone deserves a bit more respect than i have seen you get these past few months as if YOU worked for PWE.

ok so my ping doesnt seem to be bad, but after 12 noon yesterday i just could not play the game. 30k pings and humongous lags then DC. after that i could not even get to character select screen. i ran my traces during those times. is there some other technique i could use to trouble shoot this? i also notice the arcgames.com site was super laggy too and the arc client screen took an hour to load its images.

i understand blizzards and people staying home can cause some lag overall but besides facebook i had no troubles loading sites. facebook started loading quickly after about 30 mins, but arc client page and pwi all were useless to me.
    edited January 2015
    Options
    thanks for looking at that. oh and dont mind the lil trolls, over the time i have been on these forums i have seen you take more than your fair share of abuse for doing something you are not even being compensated for. that alone deserves a bit more respect than i have seen you get these past few months as if YOU worked for PWE.

ok so my ping doesnt seem to be bad, but after 12 noon yesterday i just could not play the game. 30k pings and humongous lags then DC. after that i could not even get to character select screen. i ran my traces during those times. is there some other technique i could use to trouble shoot this? i also notice the arcgames.com site was super laggy too and the arc client screen took an hour to load its images.

i understand blizzards and people staying home can cause some lag overall but besides facebook i had no troubles loading sites. facebook started loading quickly after about 30 mins, but arc client page and pwi all were useless to me.

You don't happen to use Norton, ZoneAlarm, or McAffee do you? Most of the people I have with that type of issue it's the firewall suspending the traffic, and those three are notorious. Oh, and the BullGuard firewall does it too. almost forgot that one.
    In those cases they have usually excluded the client from the AV portion of the software, but the firewall portion is causing issues with the client's data stream. Ping will typically be just fine because it's the actual client data packets that are being suspended and scanned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nemisabu
    edited February 2015
    Options
    mwp8ra.jpg

Still struggle with this every evening (10 am server time to 2pm) with the exception of yesterday, TW day. I tried your suggestions, sylum. Just reinstalled the game within 30 minuts. Ill give it some time and see how it goes after this reinstall.
  • nemisabu
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I give up, no pwi for me between 9am-2pm server time. Tried everything, Sylens tips, ufoundwaldos solution etc. Appreciate the help from you.

This issue only seems to happen in the west servers. I'm playing from Europe, its not the best server option but one month ago this problem didnt exist. I can play fine on all others servers (east and europe) at the same time.

I'd change server but I got too far with the gear/and all. Pity PWI won't check into this.
  • amyjosephj#9368
    amyjosephj#9368 Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hey, i see you are facing a lot of problem due to high disk usage of your system that many times leads to lagging.Well i have the solution to your problem i found this link on internet..really a helping article on http://errorcodespro.com/tiworker-exe-high-disk-usage-windows/. At begining i thought it was because of hard drive failure but i applied the solution it worked very well. You can find your solution at the given system.
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    Options
    I wonder how one finds a thread two years old to necro. onion-36.gif​​
This discussion has been closed.