Funny failings of Pillbabies

Options
2»

Comments

• valrain2
    valrain2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Wow. This thread makes me sad. People can be pretty inconsiderate, jeez.

As far as knowing the game and understanding things, I think there is a general problem with humans that prevents people from figuring things out on their own. For example, I work as a software developer during the day, and much of my time is spent writing documentation and maintaining a wiki. Even though I've already written it down, people come ask me for the answer to the same questions again and again. No matter how many times I point them to the source of information, they will not take the 3 seconds to look before coming to me for help.

Thank you guys for helping out. I'm just now coming back to the game after a three-year hiatus, so I'm definitely doing my share of noobing it up. I'm amazed by the generosity of much of this community, it's part of what I missed in other games. b:victory
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Wow I wouldn't even consider asking a squad to let my pillbabies into EU or AEU BH.

Onto another story. I ran a pillbaby alt of mine through 89 culti yesterday and another pillbaby was in there. NP to me since I can solo it anyway and happy to help.

After the culti was all done me and the other PB has e following converstion:

Me - So you going to RB straight away?
    PB - RB?
    Me - Rebirth
    PB - Oh yeah right, no I was going to wait till I hit 101 but its soooo slow levelling
    Me - Nah with BH, Morai Dailies, CS and faction dailies it will go quick as.
    PB - BH?
    PB - CS?
    PB - MORAI?

Anyway suffice to say I gave the PB a quick run down on a few options there, which they were very thankful for, advised them to join a faction to get more advice etc. I also tried to get them in BH TT later but couldn't find them again, oh well.....Made me feel a bit sorry for them actually. Imagine suddenly being thrust into 100 with hardly a clue, must be daunting. EDIT - Just remembered I was a bit surprised at the persons lack of knowledge since they were a veno with a Harpy legendary pet!!!!!

On a side note I RB'd my little veno lol. Love feeling like a GOD again hahahah

I know what Morai is. I know what BH is. But what the **** is CS?
    the only CS i know are these 2:
    Crafting Service and Cash Shoper.
    And how those 2 things helps a person to lvl up i got no idea.
    giphy.gif

• Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I know what Morai is. I know what BH is. But what the **** is CS?
    the only CS i know are these 2:
    Crafting Service and Cash Shoper.
    And how those 2 things helps a person to lvl up i got no idea.

Crazy Stone, CS
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • bloodedone87
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Crazy Stone, CS

Yes I forgot Crazy Stoneb:laugh
    I dont do crazy stone so I gues thats my excuseb:laugh
    giphy.gif

• Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Well, using the insta 95-100 for new player is not recomended imo.

I have some terrible experiences with them that mostly cost squad time, like when doing EU. We got like two pill babies in squad and they never talk or anything. Then after they failed the relay for the 4th time, squad leader is starting to get annoyed and threaten to kick them unless they listen to ther instruction.

Also some other instance where squad leader kick lvl100 toon with npc/quest gear and told them to get better gears. Is not that we dont like to help, but I think some of us just getting tired of repeatedly explaining things that can be found via google or forum b:surrender.

Also pointing to another fact that PWE doesnt care about, another impact of these insta 95 pills is the lvl 100 alt armies that some people use this time. Some person even have like 40-50 acct with their pill babies as alt b:shocked.

Well, PWI might removed dq item value, but still, bh rewards for 40-50 alts for one person in one day is far bigger income than one person using 4-5 alt botters b:laugh

This game should be renamed into Perfect Alt International b:surrender
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • fantasya310
    fantasya310 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Well, using the insta 95-100 for new player is not recomended imo.

I have some terrible experiences with them that mostly cost squad time, like when doing EU. We got like two pill babies in squad and they never talk or anything. Then after they failed the relay for the 4th time, squad leader is starting to get annoyed and threaten to kick them unless they listen to ther instruction.

Also some other instance where squad leader kick lvl100 toon with npc/quest gear and told them to get better gears. Is not that we dont like to help, but I think some of us just getting tired of repeatedly explaining things that can be found via google or forum b:surrender.

Also pointing to another fact that PWE doesnt care about, another impact of these insta 95 pills is the lvl 100 alt armies that some people use this time. Some person even have like 40-50 acct with their pill babies as alt b:shocked.

Well, PWI might removed dq item value, but still, bh rewards for 40-50 alts for one person in one day is far bigger income than one person using 4-5 alt botters b:laugh

With the fact of the alts I completely agree with you

But it is also true that precisely for this reason the pilllvled newbies in bh are a lot of times the same alts of an average player, that play usually like that...the fact that they have bad gear or that they dont talk at all or that they do idiot things, is probabli due to the fact that behind the screen theres someone already used to the game that doesn't give a **** about what is doing now cuz he know that in half an hour will be two lvls higher and wants to do it as soon as possible, and perhaps has another alt doing another thing or another bh too lol. Is also true that there are a lot of really newbies to the game that don't know how the game works though, but the incompetent, careless, suicidal ppl existed far before the pill, just now they have the chance to show those fanthastic qualities with more characters b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

my attempt for a decent signature

- respect -
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options

One person can't have more than 2 accounts with not more than 8 characters on each of them, what in total equal to 16 characters (since 04-15-2011).

Your words are about person, breaking TOS, which must be banned if this person had created more than two accounts after 04-15-2011.

Also if some old player have many accounts (what is rare), then I don't think, that it will be pleasure for him to login 40-50 times to do bh 40-50 times. This is unhealthy at least if not crazy even.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    And yet it happens. 'Tho if someone is able and willing to make a full BH EU/AEU party consisting of their own toons and manage to actually complete it, hats off to you. BH WS and BH TT are easily solo'd by a single strong character, allowing for 5 alts on follow. I know people do it that way. Don't know with how many alts in total however.

I doubt even the most dedicated player would do that more then 3 times - because the time it will take to position the alts, form the party, reach the boss, disband the party and claim all the rewards would take a crapload of time, for on average about 3 million. Average BH reward per completed BH is 650K plus whatever items you find in the BH. Average from a 6 hour autoculti bout on either my BM or Myst is about the same.

As for pillbaby rebirth... Smart piller will rebirth as soon as they are able. The primal passives and spirit will compensate a little for the weaker defenses they have - the weaker the character, the bigger the difference primal passives make. My Barb semi-pillbaby (boosted from level 85) is now on second rebirth. Once he's back at 100 I expect he'll be able to tank frog with relative ease.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited January 2015
    Options
    And yet it happens. 'Tho if someone is able and willing to make a full BH EU/AEU party consisting of their own toons and manage to actually complete it, hats off to you. BH WS and BH TT are easily solo'd by a single strong character, allowing for 5 alts on follow. I know people do it that way. Don't know with how many alts in total however.

I doubt even the most dedicated player would do that more then 3 times - because the time it will take to position the alts, form the party, reach the boss, disband the party and claim all the rewards would take a crapload of time, for on average about 3 million. Average BH reward per completed BH is 650K plus whatever items you find in the BH. Average from a 6 hour autoculti bout on either my BM or Myst is about the same.

As for pillbaby rebirth... Smart piller will rebirth as soon as they are able. The primal passives and spirit will compensate a little for the weaker defenses they have - the weaker the character, the bigger the difference primal passives make. My Barb semi-pillbaby (boosted from level 85) is now on second rebirth. Once he's back at 100 I expect he'll be able to tank frog with relative ease.

I am happy, that I not play such game, where scamming/breaking ToS is source of income.

They must use "Two characters maximum online at once for any situation."
    So here we go:

You may only have 2 accounts per person, regardless of how many computers you own.

There isn't a viable reason to create an excessive number of accounts, so any suspicious activity from now on will be fully dealt with. We aren't going to punish you for having existing accounts prior to this rule, but you can only be online on two at once at the most.

*Note: Excessive account creation has been and will continued to be pursued. Provided you did not abuse this before, you should have nothing to worry about.

You may only play on two characters at the same time. They can both level up OR one can level up while the other is a vendor alt OR both can be vendor alts.

If you want to keep one leveling account and one vendor alt account, that's fine. You cannot, however, actively level two characters while having a third account to act as a shop alt. We will be actively enforcing this.

This new policy is in effect starting now, however, we will continue to refine and improve upon this, so this policy is subject to change. Read on for examples that may specifically deal with your situation.

*Example: If you're a family of 3 playing PWI, then you can have 2 accounts for each member of your family. You WILL have to prove this though if we notice any suspicious activity from your household.

*Example: You can actively have two LV 65 Barbs grinding on HT Server on the same computer, but no vendor alts online.

*Example: You (as an individual human being) cannot have 3 accounts active, it doesn't matter if you own 3 or 30 computers.

*Example: You cannot have two characters leveling at once if you also have a shop alt logged in.

Two characters maximum online at once for any situation.
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Doesn't really matter what the rules say if nobody bothers to enforce them. I know many players that break this rule - for purposes of having a few dozen catshops, for self-opening TT for farming, for running a BH with an entire party of alts, for farming FSP with alts in tow... just a few examples. And players are boasting about this, noone's afraid about being banned for it anymore.

And don't even get me started on scamming... *double sigh*

• bloodedone87
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Doesn't really matter what the rules say if nobody bothers to enforce them. I know many players that break this rule - for purposes of having a few dozen catshops, for self-opening TT for farming, for running a BH with an entire party of alts, for farming FSP with alts in tow... just a few examples. And players are boasting about this, noone's afraid about being banned for it anymore.

And don't even get me started on scamming... *double sigh*

An exemple of breaking this rule is the thread that has been made few weeks ago with that guy doing fsp and aeu with his friends and their alts.
    giphy.gif

• aquale
    aquale Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It's not just pillbabies, there is that player with his/her attitude.

This helping issue which Sylvae mentioned, when helping only when needing something. I noticed just recently this on faction chat. I was asking about wraithmissive slayer and replies that I got was something like - I don't do missives anymore on this toon.

Of course everyone is free to cecide whether they help or not but if argument is something like I don't need or I don't do, then I personally hope they would leave faction and go somewhere else with that attitude of his/her.

Oh btw. When I finally got into missive squad, someone said something like - we don't need more gogogo. If I've already waited whole day for missive I can wait a moment for others to get in.

There was questions about helping. Here is my short answer: In order to get help from others I should also help them in return (as much as I can). When helping others I can expect to get help when I need.
  • fantasya310
    fantasya310 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yeah that attitude sucks...but I have been lucky enough to find more nice ppl till now, when I see that a player is in a childish mood I leave him alone, when I need help I ask in wc so i'm sure that the ppl who will answer really wants to help me. Otherwise I try to do things alone or wait for semi full squads that need my same thing, and while I wait I do other stuff..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

my attempt for a decent signature

- respect -
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited January 2015
    Options
    The missive -is- rather easy though. Even a half squad of pillbabies should have no issue killing Atuin since he's melee only and has pitiful damage. I still do the missive on all my toons since it's rather easy to do.

• SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Best one so far has been my own. I was trying to clear bh51 for my sb so I decided to use my pill baby sin 101 with h&t, and lv 60 rank chest. Figured it was going to be easy since my main is a r9 sin and figured I got this no problem. Lol boy was I wrong took for ever to clear it only to die at wyvern hahaha fail.

Guess gear does make the toon. Lvl doesn't mean anything. My sb lvl 82 can out dd my pill babies all 95-101 lol
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Guess gear does make the toon. Lvl doesn't mean anything. My sb lvl 82 can out dd my pill babies all 95-101 lol

Sorry, but you are wrong (when you say about level).
    The attack multiplier comes from how your stats, masteries, and buffs contribute to your base damage.
    High level characters have better "stats", as I know.
    Each skill include "base damage" to calculate total damage of skill.
    High level characters can learn more skills.
    If the target is a higher level than the attacker then a level difference damage reduction may apply.
    And backward.

Also for each new level character obtain 20 hit points more.
  • SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    The missive -is- rather easy though. Even a half squad of pillbabies should have no issue killing Atuin since he's melee only and has pitiful damage. I still do the missive on all my toons since it's rather easy to do.
    Sorry, but you are wrong (when you say about level).

High level characters have better "stats", as I know.
    Each skill include "base damage" to calculate total damage of skill.
    High level characters can learn more skills.

And backward.

Also for each new level character obtain 20 hit points more.

You are correct sir, but thats not what I meant by my post. Basically I was just trying to say that having a high level toon with no gear is not as good as having a lower level toon with great gear. I'm aware of the extra stats you get when you level. Obviously a naked lvl 100 toon is gonna be better than a naked lvl 80 toon and definitely a lvl 100 toon with g16 is gonna be better than a lvl 100 with g8 gear.

Which brings me to what happened today running a bh tt 3-1. I needed on my R1 100 seeker with g16. Joined a squad that appeared to be a great squad 100 veno, 100 sin, 100 cleric, 100 bm, 101 veno, and me. Run in pull all mobs vortex kill them run over to doorway to wait for veno to go pull. Veno runs in first mob kills her. I was like ok. So I run pull boss. AOE wipes all over them but me. Here I am tanking the boss waiting for everyone to run back in. They all stay back and watch me do all the work. Cleric must of felt bad so decided he was going to bb only to get 1 shot again by aoe. At that point everyone just stood back and watch me take out first boss. The i ran to 2nd and did the same thing. I only did it cuz I needed otherwise I would of just left squad and save the repair bill hahaha
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred