All New Fashion Contest [Example included]

Options

Comments

• morenawolf
    morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi, my name is Bella and I'm a real artist, I don't sell my art cause I think real art doesn't have a price. No, but seriously turn off the arrogance, if you think the contest doesn't worth your time fine, but the ''I'M A PROFESSIONAL AND MY ART WORTH MORE THAN 50 EUROS'' just make you look arrogant.

[...]

Anyway good luck with selling the story of your life, it most be a interesting life you have for people to pay to have you to share a part with them. =3

[/COLOR]

I've never said I'm the only "real" artist here, as you call yourself. I'm just saying that, since I pay bills with my art, contests like this one are not worth my time. Is it so arrogant? That's business. Good for you if you can live without selling your art, but it's not a good excuse to judge people who have to do otherwise. I would be glad to join this contest, I've already joined a art one for PWI two years ago, but this one is not good for me for the reason I've explained. That's all. Give worth to your art doesn't mean you're arrogant, it simply means you care about what you do and how the world will perceive it. Give away your art for cheap and the world will use you as cheap material, simple. I've seen so many illustrators like me giving up because they were destroyed. Since you don't live on your art you clearly can't understand and will always think you're better than any other artist who sell their work, do you?

Now please, if we're clear let's stop talking about this and let's keep the thred cleaned for entries. I have my values and your guys have different ones, which is absolutely normal. We're going off topic with this discussion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Tempestosa - Stormbringer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • veganblood
    veganblood Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Please Clarify DETAILS/RULES BEFORE Contest Starts !

PWI, why has there been no clarification of the contest details/rules? o.o The contest starts TOMORROW! No clear rules can start scandals and really upset people who worked hard only to find out mid-contest, when the rules are finally clarified, that their submission no longer qualifies. It's sad but I keep seeing this happen here. It causes tension between PWI and its gamers and over all bad vibes.

Please answer the question that SEVERAL people have asked already...

- ARE WE TO DESIGN ORIGINAL MADE-UP FASHION OR USE PWI FASHION TO MAKE AN ORIGINAL OUTFIT SET? (Personally this is unclear to me as well from the vague "rules" and until it is clarified one can't start working on an entry)

- How many submissions are allowed per account?
    Also on the Guidelines Page ... http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9061903-pwi-fashion-event

- It is unclear if it should be 1 outfit or several since at times it is referred to in the singular tense as "fashion set" and other times in plural as "fashion line" (which would be SEVERAL designs/outfits by the same artist)

- What is meant by "11x17"? ... the total dimensions? in what? centimeters? inches? pixels (lol)?

I also must say that, though I absolutely love designing, I am pro-equality more. Even though most of my PWI characters are female, I am very disturbed that PWI is choosing to award ONLY female fashion to winners. This is sooo unfair to all of its supporters with male characters that I am seriously considering not participating in the contest based on this alone.
    It's sad that PWI does not think of their supporters enough to treat them equally. There's still time to change that PWI! Please update the rules to be detailed and fair.
    "BE the change you wish to see in the world." ~ Gandhi ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    MKVP7fB.png
    "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way it's animals are treated."
    ~ Gandhi ~
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Also would like to say, 1 week is definitely not enough to create such kind of work and represent it according to the rules. I'm for prolonging it for at least 2 weeks, else ppl will have to draw in a rush, which will affect quality. I'm not confusing it with a speed painting contest, am I? xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • otohime
    otohime Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I started to make something but now even i got confused.
    Do i need to draw new fash? O.o or i combine the fash what i have. b:surrender

11x17 thing confuse me too now Dx
    i hope example will be posted before 27th.
  • Serpistica - Sanctuary
    Serpistica - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    morenawolf wrote: »

I've never said I'm the only "real" artist here, as you call yourself. I'm just saying that, since I pay bills with my art, contests like this one are not worth my time. Is it so arrogant? That's business. Good for you if you can live without selling your art, but it's not a good excuse to judge people who have to do otherwise. I would be glad to join this contest, I've already joined a art one for PWI two years ago, but this one is not good for me for the reason I've explained. That's all. Give worth to your art doesn't mean you're arrogant, it simply means you care about what you do and how the world will perceive it. Give away your art for cheap and the world will use you as cheap material, simple. I've seen so many illustrators like me giving up because they were destroyed. Since you don't live on your art you clearly can't understand and will always think you're better than any other artist who sell their work, do you?

Now please, if we're clear let's stop talking about this and let's keep the thred cleaned for entries. I have my values and your guys have different ones, which is absolutely normal. We're going off topic with this discussion.

I understand what you are saying. And no, I don't think you said anything arrogant, don't know where he/she got that from. I'm an engineer, that likes to invent stuff (right now only in thoughts), still dont have the money to materialize them. And, like you, I would hate someone else to steal my idea and making profit or using in a way it wasn't meant (though that last part you can't control it i.e.: Airplanes (used for peace, civilian use and war), knifes, etc.). And yea. That last paragraph is true...

Anyways, on topic: Please clarify what everyone is asking, are we supposed to design an outft? (Thats what I understood when i first read it). I also understood, DO NOT know were i got it from (maybe my mind divagating) that the fashion we won would be a 3D of the one we designed o.O.... (DId you edit the original news post?) hahaha
    Thank you and sorry for my english (not my native language)
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I also understood, DO NOT know were i got it from (maybe my mind divagating) that the fashion we won would be a 3D of the one we designed o.O.... (DId you edit the original news post?) hahaha
    I saw a server (won't advertise it here for obvious reasons, besides I don't remember its name anyway) where a girl made pw fashion in bulks using just arts and pictures ppl sent her. It's not that hard or time-consuming, especially if you are a developer and own all templates b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • hiyayal
    hiyayal Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I still dont get what the whole event is about b:surrender
    Do we make a collage of our fashion sets? or are we suppose to make a fashion set?

Please respond quick so i can work on this
  • veganblood
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ... can I add watermark to the picture, so I can protect it from art thieves? ...
    ...I own those works and my free time. And it doesn't mean I'm ok with loosing the authorship of my works, and be legally forbidden to use them for commercial profit just because I published them on a forum...
    I understand what you are saying. And no, I don't think you said anything arrogant, don't know where he/she got that from...
    I most definitely agree with you Serpistica. I didn't see arrogance in what morenawolf was saying throughout her posts either and I don't understand why people are getting so defensive, no one is attacking them.

Bottom line is:
    EVERYONE has the right to share or not share their own ideas/art as they please
    ... it's theirs and theirs alone to decide upon.
    It's more then just an opinion, it's a RIGHT!

It's perfectly fine if someone values their work so much to choose not to just give it away.

The way I look at it is that morenawolf is just trying to get informed (as are other people about various other things on this thread) and based on gaining information she chose to possibly not participate in the contest. The fact that she told everyone why shouldn't be looked at as a negative or an attack at all but rather as helping to inform others who may be looking for answers to the same questions to protect their own work/art. That is what this thread is for ... getting informed, not for complaining about other peoples opinions or rights.
    The following post (#21 01-19-2015, 02:27 AM) referring to this topic is an example of this...
    ... I was about to submit something very valuable to me, so I'm glad this came up. I'll still enter but with something else, I guess.
    I think PWI SHOULD allow watermarks to be added, there is no loss to them and it protects the artists work from being stolen by 3rd parties. Otherwise, as is, once PWI has the rights, then the artist forfeits any and all claim of ownership. I don't see why PWI would find it necessary to require art ownership to that extent, permission to use the art is all they should require. I hope PWI considers allowing watermarked art submissions.
    ... DO NOT know were i got it from (maybe my mind divagating) that the fashion we won would be a 3D of the one we designed o.O.... (DId you edit the original news post?) hahaha ...
    I only recall reading that the new PWI female fashion that will be awarded to the winners will be named after the winner once it goes out into the Boutique for a limited time. Not sure where it was I read it now but it WAS through Arc, so I'm also kind of wondering if an initial post/announcement got edited.
    EDIT: Yes, the initial post of this thread was edited. I re-read peoples posts and this one was the giveaway because I remember it. It is currently the 3rd post (#3 01-16-2015, 03:08 PM). He had quoted part of the initial post that is no longer there ...
    Quote: "... The fashion item will be named after the winner ..."

Hell yes I will play, a male.
    I can see it now, "GreenLegend Fashion"
    or "Legend Fashion" ...
    Also would like to say, 1 week is definitely not enough to create such kind of work and represent it according to the rules. I'm for prolonging it for at least 2 weeks, else ppl will have to draw in a rush, which will affect quality. I'm not confusing it with a speed painting contest, am I? xD
    I agree with you!
    Not only is it not enough time but it's actually quite IMPOSSIBLE when the details/rules are not provided!
    LMAO!

I started to make something but now even i got confused.
    Do i need to draw new fash? O.o or i combine the fash what i have. b:surrender
    11x17 thing confuse me too now Dx
    i hope example will be posted before 27th.
    It's definitely frustrating isn't it? :(
    And LOL! ... about the "before 27th"
    MKVP7fB.png
    ~ Gandhi ~
  • Warfare - Sanctuary
    Warfare - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    First of all, saying that 'I'm a real artist, I don't sell my art cause I think real art doesn't have a price.' makes you as equally arrogant (or so you say) and pretentious, or even worse.

Second, for professionals in the field, I can assure and justify that good work needs to get paid for and contests like these isn't something you can really put on your CV.

For example, a contest is being created for the Canadian government's logo contest for the 150th anniversary of Confederation. On a national scale, it has caused controversy among designers sparking the campaign #MyTimeHasValue. It's really an exploit to all artist and designers - by asking them to spend time and effort creating work that, unless selected, will never be recognized or compensated for.

Artists and designers are often asked for free work when sometimes it takes more than a 9-5 job to get the work done.

And PWI being just a game
    (feel free to please burn this post down to ashes), it's a lot harder to do something that doesn't reward you or anything.

That being said, no one's stopping anyone from participating. If you love the game, do it. It's just the understanding that some people will choose not to do it because of said reasons. I personally would try to come up with something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • x3lovelylady3x
    x3lovelylady3x Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    wondering if there will be any updated rules...been working on a couple of pieces....
  • monsterhighxxxxx
    monsterhighxxxxx Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    b:chuckle My Entry for the competition, the instructions on what to do were a bit confusing, but this is how i interpreted it.

70idmc.jpg
  • morenawolf
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Wow guys, I didn't expect to be supported. Thank you. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • veganblood
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Wow guys, I didn't expect to be supported. Thank you. :)
    b:victory
    MKVP7fB.png
    ~ Gandhi ~
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    b:chuckle My Entry for the competition, the instructions on what to do were a bit confusing, but this is how i interpreted it.

70idmc.jpg

I don't know the first thing about fashion, but I thing this is a great effort.
  • _LittleAnne_ - Raging Tide
    _LittleAnne_ - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
  • mooooot
    mooooot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hello

I did not understand everything b:chuckle

like You want to draw fashions؟؟ or Show Fashion Personality in the game b:surrender

and u you dont write what size do u want for Image

i do this and I hope to be a good lol

name : /A\moOlh_EmO

Server : DreamWeaver

Link : Pwh4yef.png?1

Options
    To clear any confusion, you will be putting together fashion on your characters, and sort of taking a photo shoot (If that makes sense). Once done, arrange it in a 11x17 layout (Magazine layout), and add a little blurb, going over the details, explaining it, or whatever you see fit to describe your choice.
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    To clear any confusion, you will be putting together fashion on your characters, and sort of taking a photo shoot (If that makes sense). Once done, arrange it in a 11x17 layout (Magazine layout), and add a little blurb, going over the details, explaining it, or whatever you see fit to describe your choice.

So it IS existing fashion in a style your own, and not requiring people to go all-out in designing an entirely new fashion set for PWI.

That actually clears up quite a bit for those poor people who were asking, and nullifies a lot of the arguments about this "not being worth time" for people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options

thank you b:victory
  • lexifaust
    lexifaust Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Well I was going to enter...then i found out it's for existing in game fashion and now i'm not, when PWI has a real design your own fashion contest I will enter, but putting together outfits from current pieces is not worth it to me. I would prefer to design my own piece and have it made in game if I won that's all.
  • MagicSkry - Morai
    MagicSkry - Morai Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I want a winner called like YouSukk, Ikillu, WairyHagina, Psychobtch, or something like that! Just to show that PWI is out of moderators!
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I want a winner called like YouSukk, Ikillu, WairyHagina, Psychobtch, or something like that! Just to show that PWI is out of moderators!

Oh, clearly out of moderators... except Kossy... and Venus...

Unless you mean staff, in which case you're disregarding sparky, who JUST posted on this thread.

Not really sure what point you're trying to make, but it clearly was a failure.

And if one of those names wins, guess what? That person is going to be changing their name shortly after that, or suffering a ban. Then they'll take the changed name and apply it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • morenawolf
    edited January 2015
    Options

Oh by the holy butt of Pangu, are you telling me that I raised a entire discussion about artistic and intellectual property and it was useless??

Just... make me a favor. The next time you start a contest, write down your the rules and make it read to a advocate to be sure it's understandable. Many thanks. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • veganblood
    edited January 2015
    Options

O.o

Sorry sparkiesoft but your choice of words did NOT clear anything up.
    The way you worded your "explanation" can still be taken EITHER way, depending on who reads it.
    Using the same words over to explain something does NOT explain it and you did not answer all our questions :(

*** PLEASE BE SPECIFIC and answer all 5 questions! ***

1) By "putting together" you mean what??? ...

putting together outfits from PWI fashion???
    - OR -
    putting together original made-up outfits Photoshopped on our character???

2) How many outfits do we show? ...1 set ("fashion set") or several sets ("fashion line")???

3) What do you mean by 11x17/Magazine Layout??? I've never heard of this (maybe it is a cultural thing that needs explaining).

Please post a sample templet like you said you would do in your initial post to explain this to us.

4) How many entries are allowed per account?

5) If dealing with original made-up fashion sets, can watermarked art be submitted?

Thank you b:surrender
    MKVP7fB.png
    ~ Gandhi ~
  • stardustmist
    stardustmist Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    look today for an example of what they are looking for but no luck as it is the 20thb:sad
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited January 2015
    Options
    veganblood wrote: »
    O.o

Sorry sparkiesoft but your choice of words did NOT clear anything up.
    The way you worded your "explanation" can still be taken EITHER way, depending on who reads it.
    Using the same words over to explain something does NOT explain it and you did not answer all our questions :(

*** PLEASE BE SPECIFIC and answer all 5 questions! ***

1) By "putting together" you mean what??? ...

putting together outfits from PWI fashion???
    - OR -
    putting together original made-up outfits Photoshopped on our character???

Outfits you already own. You're not creating them, you're just using what you already have.

2) How many outfits do we show? ...1 set ("fashion set") or several sets ("fashion line")???

As many as you want. It's a photoshoot, so get creative and mix and match.

3) What do you mean by 11x17/Magazine Layout??? I've never heard of this (maybe it is a cultural thing that needs explaining).

Please post a sample templet like you said you would do in your initial post to explain this to us.

11x17 is just the file size. I'll upload the template soon.

4) How many entries are allowed per account?

1, but you can change it up after you submit it, so long as you do it before the deadline.

5) If dealing with original made-up fashion sets, can watermarked art be submitted?

Since it's not original made-up fashion, there's no need for a watermark.

Thank you b:surrender

Answers in red.
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I wouldn't mind an original fashion drawing event either, of course, except that it would require far more time than 1 week. But since it is just a screenshot editing contest, then fine, much easier at least. So I made this Vogue centrefoldb:laugh I have already posted some pieces of this combo in the screenshot thread, but this fish rocks it better.

Character: Akureyri
    Server: Archosaur
    http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx346/Marianakrn/Aku_model.png

I probably made the fonts too realistically tiny, so they are only readable in the full size version. Not sure about the 17:11 size, but I hope this will do.
  • x3lovelylady3x
    x3lovelylady3x Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    here's my veno in her foxy outfit

http://imgur.com/Wt6Qglc

name : xXybabeyXx
    server : Archosaur
  • amo0olh
    amo0olh Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options