Server error log off

Aasaf - Sanctuary
Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
I know a topic exists on the technical support forum, but no one has replied to it. I just want to ask here, what things people did to fix this issue.

It is rather annoying to get that message when you log in the game. You can not click on npc, quests, only chatting seems to work. So pwi becomes a glorified 10gb instant messaging service b:chuckle.

I have had more success with logging straight into an instance rather than into pwi world. Being human, i can't live in instances all the time, and i forget that to park my character there. It is not a net speed issue, since my download speed is around 700~800 kbps, upload is the usual 60~80 kbps.

I enabled the control panel thingimajik for pwi, that doesn't help either. Setting launcher, element client as admin and windows xp or other compatibility mode gave no positive results. I spent some time verifying files, still nada.

Would appreciate other users help on the matter, i tried the fixes from the previous users that solved the matter, they do not seem to help me out.
Post edited by Aasaf - Sanctuary on

Comments

• rawrepicfail
    rawrepicfail Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I know your pain.. I have been getting this error rather commonly since the expansion. At first I thought it was due to my net speed since my family has an addiction to streaming netflix but i then realized that I never had this problem before the expansion. Also I've gotten this error when i've had the internet to myself so I do agree that it at least doesnt seem like an internet speed problem. Unfortunately, I've not a clue otherwise how to fix it just giving my two cents so someone knowledgeable about the matter would have more information. There doesnt seem to be a certain time where the server error thing is more common but I do notice It happens almost always in archosaur and i remember a time where it happened when i logged in at lost city before as well.

The most recent time i've had this is when I dc'd during a pv run with 5 min left on token and I logged back on next to archosaur elder. Lets just say I spent the entire time trying to relog and kept coming up with "server error please relog and try again" and having 0 ping. The weirdest thing to me is how only one character will be effected at a time. Which again doesnt make it feel like its my net because if one character was getting this problem then all characters should be getting the same ping problems. Example when I was trying to correct this to get back in my pv run only my stormbringer was being affected but I logged onto my cleric to see if I could do anything on her and she worked fine. (of course my cleric was parked outside TT at the time)

Idk what the deal is but Im usually somewhat patient with it since it does seem to eventually correct itself but it is very annoying when you lose out on a pv token when everything was working fine otherwise.
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i know this might not be as helpful to those trying to run PV, but a commenter suggested that when you see the error to just leave the toon in the exact same spot and dont try to move for a few minutes, then use a hot key to put on flyer or mount. if you can turn mount/flyer on then you have escaped the error without having to log off. this has worked for me every time so far.

I would be much happier with the issue just being fixed though.
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have had this problem pop up in plume (rare), lost (rare), outside of tt (rare). I have had it appear on both toons at the same time (rare).

The problem sometimes does go away after a few minutes, if you don't do much. You can move around (might take longer or the same time). You will have a rubber band effect, when the problem fixes itself it will automatically take you back to the spot where you logged in. The other way to check is clicking on shops, signing in daily attendance, interacting with npc. I am not sure if not moving makes it go away quicker or not. Sometimes i don't move for 10~20 minutes and the problem is still there.

I would be happy as well if they fixed the issue. Some times i only get 10~20 minutes to play, so i do a few PV runs, and when this error shows up, i decide it is not worth playing pwi that day.
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    had that problem today, after chilling for a bit i could play but got lag so bad after 1 bh run i just gave up and logged off.
  • Elstraya - Heavens Tear
    Elstraya - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am getting this all the time (almost every single login). Sometimes I walk around a bit and suddenly I can click NPCs, fly, take quests etc. Other times I just can't seem to shake it, have to keep exiting and relogging until I get a login that works.

Never had this before Eclipse expansion but get it all the time now...really annoying b:angry

One thing I notice is when this happens the ping says 0.
  • supportchuk
    supportchuk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I just kill the client process and log back in again, it seems to occur often when logging out and in again (quickly).
  • alkira
    alkira Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    -_- Would be bloody brilliant if they'd actually pay attention to this.
    It's increasingly infuriating each time I log in and can't do squat till it "eventually" decides to fix itself.
    The server error... Eh, I can deal with that. The 0 ping? THAT'S THE ISSUE.
    Half the time I ragequit because I can't be bothered dealing with their useless system.

b:angryb:angry
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    *headshots zombie*
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.