How to make money in PWI

dhudg
dhudg Posts: 36 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
Seeing more and more players QQ about DQ worth 1 coin and being broke, lets put a list together about making money in PWI. Each with pros and cons.

Any LVL
Digging herbs and mats and selling (also as pots) [+] always avaiable [-] time consuming, little profit

Quests in general [+]most of the time avaiable [-] cover mostly only the teleport fee

Be a merchant [+] they money is growing itself, huge profits possible [-] your PC need energy too while running a catshop = $, need experience and a good feeling for the ingame economy, may bring u a bad reputation as a greedy *** if u buy too cheap from stupid people and resell overpriced, auction house fee, telecoustics cost, a current list about buy-sell-profit-prices, every storage full with items, LOT of patience needed

Be an opener. Open Phoenix Valley (lvl vary), Twilight Temple (1+), Delta (85+), Quicksand Maze low lvl (55+), Lunar (90sh). [+] easy money [-] PV avaiable 1x daily

Fashion random dye service [+] u ll get paid, no matter what color u end up with [-] need Event Gold

Refining Service [+] nice profit if lucky with refines [-] need plenty Tisha and Tienkang stones and Event Gold and patience

Low LVL
Jolly Jones quest [+] daily coins for a short talk with the NPC [-] barely cover the daily repair costs and teleacoustics

Mid-LVL
Autocultivation [+]you are afk! [-] only worth it killing mobs that drop many pots and certain mats, it eats your earning time

Catch rare pets [+]nice pocket money if u figured out the respawn times [-] veno only, lot of competition, spawn after server maint

LVL 100+
Cube of Fate [+] robber and bully cards, cogs, money boxes[-] u have to start over if u die, certain pvp-enabled areas, some rooms require to pay do all cards

Bounty Hunter LVL 100+ [+] 20% chance to win 2 mil, 5% chance to win 5 mil [-] takes long if bad squad

Nirvana Talisman [+] exchange it for 5 Ultimate Substance or 5 Mirage Celestone [-] the talisman is timed

Nation War [+] u get a reward, even if u dont try very hard, but u HAVE to try a bit at least [-] PVP, NW tokens themself are bound and a coin fee is required to make tradeable items

Ressource War [+] make a flyer and sell it [-] not all factions participate, faction base needed, PVP
Endless Universe [+] 20 mirages are 20 mirages [-] u have to chose between the exp pill and the mirages

Advanced Endless Universe [+] the rewards chest may contain a rare tradeable book or good pots [-] can take long with a bad squad

Lunar Glade [+] you ALWAYS get an EOD in squad mode[-] 3 mil entrance fee for squad mode, only worth it during 2x drop

Twilight Temple [+] tt mats are always needed [-] in solo mode there are less bosses and less drops, in squad mode you need openers or have to split the mats

Warsong EOO [+]one of six chance to win the EOO [-] none
Be Warsong City paid pav defender [+] 1 mil for 15 minutes work [-] players rarely solo Warsong
Sell Warsong Molds + Badges [+] get rid of your spare molds and badges yayy [-] trust, the mold and badges are bound

G16 Reroll service[+] 200k profit per badge [-] trust, the badges are bound

Kill worldbosses [+] drop shards and chrono pages [-] 23 mil hp, long respawn times, hard to find, camped

Events. Check the event calender. Every day has a different event to offer, and each event means coins... or death xD [+] money! [-] competition, pvp, tough bosses/mobs

Flowsilver Palace [+] 20 coins and some OBP and POF, chance for a book [-] can be hard to find a tank for frog, FSP coin reward 1x daily avaiable, rebirth needed

Lvl up other's pets for money [+] afk lvling avaiable with autocultivation [-] rarely asked service, earning time decrease

Drag rebirth toons trough FC [+] easy money [-] rarely asked service

Full Delta [+]mystical tome fragments, shards, oht mats, obp and 2 mil exp [-] consume 6 orders to open, take long, high repair cost, fails if NPC dies

Primal World dailies. Some dailies reward you with 1 OBP and one FSP coin [+] not much, but it's something [-] need to chose between OBP and other reward, rebirth needed

Hidden Dragon Den [+] dragon blood stones and sealed flyers sell well [-] this place is tough

Undercurrent Hall [+] fairy boxes, sealed flyers [-] this place is tough, rebirth needed

Making genies. Got lot of spare spirit? Try your luck, maybe u ll make a good genie [+] LP 71+ sell well [-] luck needed

Brimstone Pit/Eden [+] apocalypse pages [-] only worth it during 2x drop

Morai Shards. Make a shard and sell it [+]the shards are cheaper to get, compared to similar "normal" shards [-] need Influence and Prestige

Morai Books [+] pocket money [-] need Influence and Prestige, pretty common nowadays

Sell Lunar Trophy Mode runs [+] a win win situation for seller and buyer [-] time preassure, OP squad needed

Weekly Seat of Torment/Abbadon [+] shards! [-] good squad needed

I hope it helps, sorry for bad grammar xD
Post edited by dhudg on

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I dont mind the grammar. I do mind the fond and collors. Its a pain to read.

Also, you are not really going into the making of money, you just mention pretty much everything there is to do in the game, no matter how little the reward. When one worries about making money, it is interesting to find the things that have the best reward per hour for the gear level it requires.

Ill be so bold as to edit your guide :D

Low level :
    Digging herbs and mats: Not very profitable, but good for a last resort.
    Opening TT: Open TT for people who usually call for openers in area chat around the instance or WC. Espescially profitable during 2x. Use 2 accounts for double income.
    Jolly Jones: Jones quest. daily coins for a short talk with the NPC

Lvl100+ low gear requirement:
    Cube of Fate. 1-2m, 30 minutes. Profit varies on luck. Dayly for COGs. Can do twice with morai letter.
    Bounty Hunter dayly quest. 15 minutes. 20% chance to win 2 mil, 5% chance to win 5 mil
    Nation War. 5-10m, 2 hours. Twice per week PvP event, quite rewarding if you dont waste your money on charms. U get a reward, even if u dont try very hard, but u HAVE to try a bit at least. NW tokens themself are bound and a coin fee is required to make tradeable items
    Advanced Endless Universe. 1m, 30 minutes. 6 times per week. Reward boxes sell for 1m or more even though the expect value of the contents of the box is worth half that. So dont open them.

Lvl 100+, medium gear requirement:
    Warsong: 2m 40-60mins. You can sell some things directly, everything else trough craft service or crafted G16 items.
    Flowsilver Palace: 2.5m 30mins. Once a day. Trade coins for C packs and sell those.
    TT farming: Rewards strongly depending on your class and gear. Up to 10m per hour without 2x. (but that is with better gear, with mediocre gear you should expect up to 5m per hour) 2-3 is epescially rewarding compared to its moderate difficulty. Often more rewarding per hour than 3-x

Lvl 100+ high gear requirement:
    TM lunar: up to 25m per hour per person if you can duo for gold medals. Selling capes or farming charms or apoth rewards with alts.
    Farming spirit of defence. 1-2m in 5-10mins. Kill abadons puppeteer and mask. You may want to use a second account to take puppeteers jailings.
    Solo or Duo normal lunar: Generally less profitable then TT, but fun for a change and maybe more interesting if you are not an APS toon.
    Pstone production. 20m per hour. Farming bewiched doll. Usually combined with full TT3-3 runs. Buy stones of the scared to make pstones

This surely is far from perfect, but maybe gives you some inspiration on how to make text better readable while using collors, fonts and seperate sections. I also cut out the **** that is rather irrelevant. Feel free to edit this again to make it really good, or simply use the inspiration to edit your own into something readable ill delete my post if you do. Sorry for my rude interference in your thread. But while telling telling a toddler that his drawings are pretty, a more mature person is better helped with the truth in my view :)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • tmllover
    tmllover Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Pstone production. 20m per hour. Farming bewiched doll. Usually combined with full TT3-3 runs. Buy stones of the scared to make pstones

You cant really "farm" bewitched doll cards anymore. They took them out of the game as drops. Only way to get is from exchanging mystical tome frags.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    tmllover wrote: »
    You cant really "farm" bewitched doll cards anymore. They took them out of the game as drops. Only way to get is from exchanging mystical tome frags.

Yes i am talking about farming the doll with bough cards
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    WannaBM you seem to know stuff. Tell me why no one is making tomes anymore. A couple years ago the AH was full of them, now theres none??? That used to be a way of making coin.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    WannaBM you seem to know stuff. Tell me why no one is making tomes anymore. A couple years ago the AH was full of them, now theres none??? That used to be a way of making coin.

When i made my tome, the cost of making one was 420m. When i saw people offering them in WC for 500m i tried selling mine with the plan of making a new one. Even offering it for 450 did however not get the attention from a buyer. Pan gu that is. The lower level tomes should still find buyers. I have seen catshops selling them in archo west and even bought some for my alts because i was too lazy to go and make one myself. (paying 2.5m while the cost of making is a bit less than 2m) I dont know how many people are lazy like that but yes i think there should be some market in it.
  • drcalgori87
    drcalgori87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    step 1: go outside town and kill a mob
    step 2: pick up coin/junk
    step 3: sell to npc said junk.
    step 4: save coin
    rise and repeatb:pleased
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited January 2015

What about this instead:

step 1: go outside and mow a few of your neighbours lawns
    step 2: get paid
    step 3: buy gold
    step 4: buy cool stuff

EDIT - probably be 100x less of a grind doing it this way.....
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Pan Gu takes a large investment of income for a very low return, compared to buying high demand items on sale and reselling after the sale ends. I wouldn't recommend tome making until you've got a decent reserve on the gold market to use it to make money.

Tome making actually dovetails into card boss farming, since you can stock up on lots of tomes throughout the year at cheap points, and use X amount of fragments when you can't farm the card bosses during X2. The more money you have, the higher the limit is before you start focusing on tomes as opposed to card bosses/perfect stones. It's mostly creating a rep for buying frags at a good price, and using tomes to monetize large reserves to keep buying frags for the more lucrative card boss runs.

EDIT: Best I'd recommend, is making an account to dual illusion stone a sin up to sage, and use their opening income for buying sage BP. Charge a minimum of 150K for opening TT if they want sage BP, and also 300k daily for the 100+ PV opening. You will earn enough in less than a month to have bought that sage bp skill, and now can sage bp any character you want not on that account. Plus being front of the line for most TT openings.
  • bigfish000
    bigfish000 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    small Addition:

on some Servers ist still very possible to make good coins buying and selling Gold. possible at any lvl and Profit can be huge depending on current Prices and amount you can work with. Downside i guess would be, its possible to loose Money
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hidden Dragon Den [+] dragon blood stones and sealed flyers sell well [-] this place is tough

Hidden Dragon Den was removed quite some time ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bigfish000 wrote: »
    small Addition:

on some Servers ist still very possible to make good coins buying and selling Gold. possible at any lvl and Profit can be huge depending on current Prices and amount you can work with. Downside i guess would be, its possible to loose Money

True, but for me it's just a kind of merchanting, same as buying/reselling items.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • mzlogo
    mzlogo Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2015

WRONG

step 5: pay more for REPAIR bill than you picked up from drops

step 6: watch your previously hard earned coins decrease

step 7: realize that you just paid for the privilege of working for nothing

step 8: go look at all the things in catshops that you can't afford

step 9: spend more time trying to survive than having fun

step 10: wonder..... WHY?
  • philemmer02
    philemmer02 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yesssir, the last post was correct. I have a nix so I very rarely use my wep anymore. I used to grind for coin but no more. Ive told my faction to watch there coin but they seem clueless. I however am a rb2 veno who got there the hard way. I am afraid there will come a time I cant repair my gear and that will be that. It was a fun game while it lasted but I will never spend another dollar on it after spending quite a lot over the years. I am fortunate to have pretty much gotten myself to one end game toon. I also am level 7 crafts,bs, tailor, level 8 apoth. I wish all great luck in the future of PWI. Lets hope they catch it before it hits the ground and is lost forever, cept us few few players in our rockin chairs stilling trying to hit 105.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited February 2015
    Lets hope they catch it before it hits the ground and is lost forever.

Thats what they just did. They stopped the inflation that everyone was complaining about. They stopped a small group of abusers from getting filthy rich for doing nothing but let their PCs run multiple clients all night.

Yep, they just saved the game from inevitable doom. Good job PWI. b:victory

Guess who are the most likely people to complain now ? b:pleased
    Oh yes, but they cant go complaining by telling their abuse no longer works. Maybe they are going to make hypocrite posts about poor people not being able to repair and pulling the old bull**** about no longer being a fantastic paying customer and all that. Very likely they dont post under their main name, they might even make some new name for posting this ****. Yeah right.... b:bye
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Great thread idea. Here are a few added points and my own thoughts. Though i understand your original post is extremely extensive im sure you are aware of these and probably glossed them over just out of sheer "omg im typing down 1900 ideas" b:chuckle

Endless Universe [+] 20 mirages are 20 mirages [-] u have to chose between the exp pill and the mirages Not 100% chance to get mirages. Can get gear card which is almost useless (though you can npc gear for a few coins)

Lvl up other's pets for money [+] afk lvling avaiable with autocultivation [-] rarely asked service, earning time decreaseNo earning time decrease in cube room 3

Hidden Dragon Den [+] dragon blood stones and sealed flyers sell well [-] this place is tough Unfortunately no longer in game.
  • Foxyz - Raging Tide
    Foxyz - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    nw is lvl 60+
  • Foxyz - Raging Tide
    Foxyz - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    another way to get money is doing events like Tigers on mondays night, you can get an iten called celestial insignia and sell then, you can also get event cards

Fight of Abominations on wednsday night , you get an iten that i forgot the name, trade then for shards and sell
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    Bumping this. Good thread and people continue to ask same question over and over..
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    step 674847

pick those gd items up if you bot/farm. They at least cover repair costs or make it cheaper
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    While the DQ points and NPC gear drops being almost worthless now seems bad, the fact is PWI isn't really that much worse than a year or two ago. Shards and Sage/Demon books are a little pricey, but with the new instance and upgraded quests getting gear isn't terribly hard.

Also skills are A LOT cheaper. So with skills and gear being cheaper to get also with much better quest rewards (and faster ones to) I don't think it's as huge an issue. Heck Nirvana gear is dirth cheap compared to what it use to be. ~30mil for just about any piece of G15 armour? Easily 1/5th of what is use to be. I mean getting large hauls of money off grinding DQ items and buying shards and a few other token related items cheap was nice, but compared to skills and gear being much cheaper?
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    Tiramnia - Sanctuary Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Make money? I dont understand....I am horrible at making money in game! Even when people try tell me how I am like uhhhhhh I dont understand? Why? Because I spent too much time running around having fun without money b:cuteb:victory

I probably should have paid more attention to in game things like dungeons and stuff.....Oh well!
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    Make money? I dont understand....I am horrible at making money in game! Even when people try tell me how I am like uhhhhhh I dont understand? Why? Because I spent too much time running around having fun without money b:cuteb:victory

I probably should have paid more attention to in game things like dungeons and stuff.....Oh well!

I think its all fine to be happy and poor as long as the first part still applies b:pleased I take a break from farming some days and end up unable to repair my gear, but hell, thats what account stashed BH rewards are for. And games are meant for fun, no? b:cute
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    eirghan wrote: »
    I think its all fine to be happy and poor as long as the first part still applies b:pleased I take a break from farming some days and end up unable to repair my gear, but hell, thats what account stashed BH rewards are for. And games are meant for fun, no? b:cute

Well thats how I figure it, plus ages ago when I got to a lvl where I could help people...thats all I ended up doing most of the time, and that was when there were a lot of new players who didnt have an alt char.
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    Well thats how I figure it, plus ages ago when I got to a lvl where I could help people...thats all I ended up doing most of the time, and that was when there were a lot of new players who didnt have an alt char.

I can definitely relate. I tried to help a lot of people too once i was able. Always am thankful for the ones that helped me when i was a baby nub seeker b:dirty
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    eirghan wrote: »
    I can definitely relate. I tried to help a lot of people too once i was able. Always am thankful for the ones that helped me when i was a baby nub seeker b:dirty

Haha when I started it was when genies had just become a thing, I remember when you could then do the quest to get one and I was sooo excited about it! But I didnt even know what it was really for or how to use it properly, I just liked that it looked like a pixie b:chuckle

Though strangely enough with that update....my account started showing the wrong join year which annoys me so much!!!! But the help back then was great, and after that I was mostly wanting to help others b:cute

This is totally irrelevant to making money haha, I think money has simply become too important in game!