Ancient Tome/Demon Book closing yes or no?

Options
viviane19
viviane19 Posts: 109 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
Okey hey guys,

Since the support aint or cant give me a clearly answer to my request I hope you guys have expirience with it.

Im 2 times reborn my currently levels are:

1st 102, 2nd 102 3rd 104

So my showing level is 104

And now my question:

Will the demon book closing when i level straight to 105 or does it stay open so i can level my hidden levels?

I hope some1 of you have expirience I have no idea who to believe :] thanks.

Open your mind, let it **** you in kind :-)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It's supposed to automatically open up at 105 to store your EXP.. but since you don't gain EXP anymore when you reach 105, you'll want to avoid hitting 105 before getting your past levels up.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • viviane19
    edited January 2015
    Options
    But quests still giving exp in to the book dont they?

Edit: But the books show im not 105 yet or it aint matter?
    I would love to try it out ... but i aint want to cahs again for r9/farm my stuff and lvl again 3times to lvl 100 just because of this some1 should check this out.

• mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    you do know, that the perks for hitting high lvls on your original lvl , are way better than getting your showing lvl to 105? - you would literally risk throwing 100+ stat points away...
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    What Kossy said. People who have hit 105 on current level before getting their past levels to 105 have reported that you can't feed the book demon any experience when 105, so don't do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • viviane19
    edited January 2015
    Options
    mulier wrote: »
    you do know, that the perks for hitting high lvls on your original lvl , are way better than getting your showing lvl to 105? - you would literally risk throwing 100+ stat points away...

I know i screwed it up .. but damn its so hard to resist cause i would love to see how much % i get for my work.. this makes me crazy b:angry

• Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Da hell.

I really thought that the book demon automatically opens up you gain EXP as if you would be 104. The thing is...several people I know went 105 before.

A sin from my fac was 105/104/105 (last current) and is now 3x105. Many others said that it's np to level the historic levels even after reaching 105.

So what is true now? Can someone test it out on a...ah dang kossy is around...you know what I mean. I currently don't have the time to roll a char to test it.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • viviane19
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If we test it on
    who knows if admins aint fixed it.

This is BULL****. Cause i got told by Bradien that Ceelestin did 105-103-105 too. ><

I understand that we should find it out by ourselfs but not if if had bad consquens! that we have to start a new character because old one is screwed up

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Interesting to know it for sure indeed. |

But really, it is so much more effective to do it the other way around. Everything that is based on player level takes the highest historical level. Except the calculation for exp gained from kills.
    And on top of that way more than 5 stat points per historical level....

Oh well i guess for some its more important to look cool than to be strong. b:chuckle

(same thing with cars, all those young guys with normal cars full of ugly spoilers, stickers, noisy exhaust. No, i much prefer one who has an innocent looking old beetle with a porche engine in it)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Options
    viviane19 wrote: »
    I understand that we should find it out by ourselfs but not if if had bad consquens!

Sad thing is: Even when it's bad bad consequences we had to find out on our own.

Like when Nirvana was just released and we were told we'd keep our refines without the stones they didn't want to implement at the time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM5vxEP2h8o was the result of us finding out on our own that NOPE need the stones.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • viviane19
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Interesting to know it for sure indeed. |

But really, it is so much more effective to do it the other way around. Everything that is based on player level takes the highest historical level. Except the calculation for exp gained from kills.
    And on top of that way more than 5 stat points per historical level....

Oh well i guess for some its more important to look cool than to be strong. b:chuckle

(same thing with cars, all those young guys with normal cars full of ugly spoilers, stickers, noisy exhaust. No, i much prefer one who has an innocent looking old beetle with a porche engine in it)

As I said I screwed it up its not about being cool or what ever I came on this server when everyone was almost lvl 105 and already reborn etc. I wanted to keep up etc. started rushing.

and because i have more advantages with being lvl 105 in PvP I would love to do it but since i dont have knownledge about what going to happen to other levels idk.

OPKossy wrote: »
    Sad thing is: Even when it's bad bad consequences we had to find out on our own.

Like when Nirvana was just released and we were told we'd keep our refines without the stones they didn't want to implement at the time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM5vxEP2h8o was the result of us finding out on our own that NOPE need the stones.

Yea ... So what .. I go 105 now .. and have to creat a whole new char and cash r9 because PWI support aint want to test it? This beh.... no comment >< this isnt even comparable to the nirvana stuff because +12 and to make a whole new char and gear costs way more in time and money etc.

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    viviane19 wrote: »
    As I said I screwed it up its not about being cool or what ever I came on this server when everyone was almost lvl 105 and already reborn etc. I wanted to keep up etc. started rushing.

and because i have more advantages with being lvl 105 in PvP I would love to do it but the since i dont have knownledge about what going to happen to other levels idk.

Yep, sorry, my post was needlessly insulting. Of course if you only find out that it had been better the other way after already being 102 102 104, i can understand that you want to get that 105.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • viviane19
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yep, sorry, my post was needlessly insulting. Of course if you only find out that it had been better the other way after already being 102 102 104, i can understand that you want to get that 105.

well i guess i have no other solution as to lvl other lvls and being sad to not see how much % i get from my work when I do AEU,EU,PV etc. :C

WTB new reborn number 3? :DDD so I can fix it better ? :D
    -edit- or maybe a rollback .. for hmm around 5months back :D