r8r vs G16

_Shui - Harshlands
_Shui - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Arigora Colosseum
What is better for TW, NW?

The purge r8r has or the 40 attack levels of the G16 weapon?
Post edited by _Shui - Harshlands on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    G15 gives the same purge as R8R bow for cheaper, so r8r isn't really much of an option regardless.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    edited January 2015
    But doesn't r8r have a bigger chance to proc the purge than g15?
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    r8r purge weapons are usually used as secondary weapons. You hit with the purge weapon till it procs, then continue with the G16 or R9. Most usefull in charmed 1v1 PK.

In NW i find most battles not lasting long enough because usually other people mix in the fight and its over in seconds. Still even in NW there will be a few situations every NW where it will make all the difference. Not enough though to justify the cost when the cost of this second weapon is still significant for you. Its more something that well equiped players do as the cost becomes rather insignificant compared to improving anything on their main equipment.

In TW theres plenty archers doing the purging.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    But doesn't r8r have a bigger chance to proc the purge than g15?

Both can get spirit blackhole, the g15 will just take loads more rolls to get it on, but will probably be cheaper over all.

In TW nowadays if you had to pick one of the two, with all the r9rr toons running around, you'd be better off getting r8r, spamming boa and purging groups of enemies making it easier for your facmates to kill them.

In NW, if you had to pick one, the attack lvls of g16 will be better as if you purge a target without those attack lvls will be hard to kill most people anyway.

Hence why I said in your other thread to get both and switch between them, saying you prefer having only one of the above two bows as you dont wanna keep switching, is like a bm saying he prefers axes and doesnt want to get a poleblade or sword as he'd have to keep switching.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    edited January 2015
    I guess ill go for g16 xbow at all.
    It fits my play style as sage archer better.

I think Purge is rather for demon archers who spam QS, spark and auto attack lol.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I guess ill go for g16 xbow at all.
    It fits my play style as sage archer better.

I think Purge is rather for demon archers who spam QS, spark and auto attack lol.

This was just such an ignorant argument.b:sadThis gave me cancer.