Pwi Bug Reports

Options
ksfe
ksfe Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Support Desk
OK.. so i dont know if this is in right cata or not

every 3 hrs or less my pwi cilent crashes giving me a bug report.. i've followed the steps of http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=21503171#post21503171 but it still does not work. my specs are.....
name: NVIDIA GeForce 210

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

chip type: Geforce 210

DAC type: integrated RAMDAC

Approx. total memory: 2514 MB

disple mode: 1366 x768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

(DRIVERS)
Main driver: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um

version: 9.18.13.4052

WHQL logo'd: YES

DDI version: 10.1

Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

sent in ticket, but i'm just looking for extra help or solutions on this.

added specs maybe they'll help yall understand what i am dealing withb:victory
Post edited by ksfe on

Comments

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Information is kinda sketchy. Can you post the tech information in the bug report? Might not be video related - audio or memory management issues can also cause crashes. From the look of it you already have the latest NVidia drivers.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Gratz on being one of the few who actually read the sticky before posting.

Unfortunately, I'm going to need more information. See the bottom of the first post in that thread. I'll need a link to a published Speccy report and a dxdiag for starters, along with the specific troubleshooting steps you tried.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ksfe
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Information is kinda sketchy. Can you post the tech information in the bug report? Might not be video related - audio or memory management issues can also cause crashes. From the look of it you already have the latest NVidia drivers.

A3D.log 1.08 k
    AF.log 6.91 k
    AM.log 2.48 k
    bbs.log 0.21 k
    EC.log 6.89 k
    ec_build2378.dmp 2317.68 k
    FWEditor.log 0.13 k
    imm.log 0.13 k
    s2ccmd.log 0.08 k
    Tasks.log 15.10 k
    systemsettings.ini 0.50 k
    sysinfo.ini 0.15 k

is what's said in the crash
  • ksfe
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Gratz on being one of the few who actually read the sticky before posting.

Unfortunately, I'm going to need more information. See the bottom of the first post in that thread. I'll need a link to a published Speccy report and a dxdiag for starters, along with the specific troubleshooting steps you tried.

which post is it exactly???
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ksfe wrote: »
    which post is it exactly???

The first one. The bottom section of it has the information I need and data on how to get it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ksfe
    edited January 2015
    Options
    The first one. The bottom section of it has the information I need and data on how to get it.

b:shutup sorry mate, i'm a nab at all this stuff and there's alot of stuff there really wouldnt want to give you the wrong info would it be possible to link it to me?
    edited January 2015
    Options
    b:shutup sorry mate, i'm a nab at all this stuff and there's alot of stuff there really wouldnt want to give you the wrong info would it be possible to link it to me?

First Post....
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21503151&postcount=1

Section...
    STEP THREE: Post For Help

Sub-Section...
    What do you need to post?

The exact information plus links to the specific instructions are all there.
    You just need to be able to read, click hyperlinks, read and follow directions, then insert the data into a reply following the given instructions.

Since I've already posted it, I'm not going to repeat myself. There's a reason I put that sticky together...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ksfe
    edited January 2015
    Options
    First Post....
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21503151&postcount=1

Section...
    STEP THREE: Post For Help

Sub-Section...
    What do you need to post?

The exact information plus links to the specific instructions are all there.
    You just need to be able to read, click hyperlinks, read and follow directions, then insert the data into a reply following the given instructions.

Since I've already posted it, I'm not going to repeat myself. There's a reason I put that sticky together...

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/rKrtQ4ZJME35m7EyCDKvhfJ b:pleased my specs
    edited January 2015
    Options
    And here's your analysis....

1. You have Windows Defender and BullGuard Antivirus enabled. You can have one or the other, but both will cause a problem. (Most AV solutions will disable Defender when they install, so you'll want to fix that.)

2. Since you do have AV software, make absolutely certain that the PWI and ARC folders are excluded from all scans. Do it for both Defender and BullGuard if you haven't already, then disable Defender.

3. Your power profile is set to turn the hard disk off after 20 minutes, but has no other options. That's not a good idea. You want the PC to at least sleep when it is going to turn off the hard drive. I advise disabling that feature, or setting it so the monitor sleeps a few minutes before the HD shuts off. Windows isn't always good about detecting input activity from full screen programs.

4. You're missing a lot of Windows Updates. It looks like that's probably a fresh install, but you want a lot of the updates out there as they improve system performance and security.

5. The Bing Bar is just bloat. Get rid of it.

6. You have mis-matched RAM slots. given that you have 4 slots set for dual-channel, they work in pairs. You have three 1GB cards and a 2GB card. That will cause memory pairing issues on the motherboard bus which will lead to system instability. RAM is cheap for that one, so grab at least one 2GB chip to correct the pairing issue, or just get three to max the RAM on that board at 8GB.

7. Your display driver looks like the Microsoft release. Download the actual driver from Nvidia.
    http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/77223
    Be sure to use advanced setting and choose "Clean installation" You can also un-check the 3D drivers while you're at it if they show up. That setup won't handle it very well.

8. Switch to a hard wired connection if you possibly can. Wifi is already slow and unreliable, your D-Link is worse than most.

After you fix the AV software, run the Verify option 3 times back to back and then restart the computer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]