To rebirth or not to rebirth

Options
Molniya - Dreamweaver
Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Cleric
Because I am the kind of person who ums and ahs over EVERYTHING, I figured the easier way to answer my question was ask people who actually know stuff. Basically, I don't know whether to just rebirth and start the levelling stuff again, or if there's a reason to wait (like getting things done or whatever).

I'm at level 101. My cultivation is up to killing the bosses inside SoT. I have Violet Dance and the two low-level Lumi skills (one of the things I'm debating waiting for is the skill that removes death xp penalty), along with Sage Cyclone. My armour is 70% the Morai questline, with one drop piece and one TT70 piece, and my weapon's the Master magic sword you can trade in to the NPC dude for perfect stones.

Got a scarlett fruit and about 20 fantasy fruits saved up but yeah. Do I just go for it and deal with being a lower level for awhile? *worries forever about doing the wrong thing*
Post edited by Molniya - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You can go for it right away. When you reborn you earn so much exp that it doesn't really matter if you die, 4x exp is enough to recover what you lose.

However, I suggest you to get better gear. Primal mobs are not friendly and they hit pretty hard on AA, if they don't die fast, you will die even faster. Things will go slow if you cannot work your own away at low lvls and will get even worse at level 80 (you can skip the lvl 60 one which is much harder), when you have to start to kill mobs for the daily primal quest.

Ancestor's Blessing (exp morai passive skill) starts to kick in once you hit 100 again, because at lvl 100 you will not get 4x anymore.
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Yeah, the gear is honestly what I'm worried about the most. I can heal away a lot of damage, but if they hit me too hard, I'm going to die really, really fast. I like where I'm at damage wise, but my armour is very behind...

Should I wait until I'm up to TT90-ish then? :|a
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    If this is your main character, I would tell you to rebirth as soon as possible since you're already 101.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It's my main, yeah. All my other characters are level 20-40.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Personally, I would aim to do a few things before rebirthing, and this is just my personal opinion....

*Save up coin.

*Try to improve my gear some....this step will go by even easier if you've been doing nation wars, and have saved up on supply tokens.

*Save up on xp items in the meantime.

(I'm personally stubborn, so I'd shoot for ancestor's blessing to get that out of the way, depending on how close you are to obtaining it....at the same time, if 3x is still going on, then it may be worth rebirthing.....but I would recommend trying to shoot for some additional coin and gear. Just my personal opinion on the matter.)

I agree with what others have said though, Primal mobs do hit hard, and the Primal daily that is supposed to go to level 50+ dailies....that one is a problem...in terms of possible damage from all of the daily quest mobs, undeniably speaking, this one hits the hardest. I highly recommend getting a zeal if you don't have one already, Even a baby zeal will do.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I don't do Nation Wars, PVP scares the hell out of me so I stay faaaaar away X_x I did get two 1m cards from BH today though, so I have 2m to play with and planned out exactly what I need in order to get my TT stuff and the Nirvana weapons I want. With some luck (and some nice people selling things cheaply) I can get up to TT99 soon.

I'm nowhere near Ancestor's Blessing, I have to admit >_< Only at around 300-400 influence after about a week or so, and you need to get up to 3000-ish to unlock that tier of Luminance stuff. But I really am debating just stubborning it out. It'll really depend on how long it takes me to level up my Blacksmith/Tailor skills and build my weapons/armour...I think once I have TT90 stuff I'm going to rebirth no matter what, just because I feel so behind in stats right now.

EDIT: to your edit lmao. I have a Zeal ready (with a ridiculous amount of lucky points, if it gets at least 7 on hitting level 100 I can learn a 6th skill on it), so I won't ever be taking on more than one mob at a time. I know my limits well, and multiple mobs is not in them usually X_x
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Serenity's points are interesting, but I think you can save money while rebirthing, maybe also work on your gear. And since you will be under level 100 you will need less money and your gears will be enough to level back to 100 quite easily
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I don't do Nation Wars, PVP scares the hell out of me so I stay faaaaar away X_x I did get two 1m cards from BH today though, so I have 2m to play with and planned out exactly what I need in order to get my TT stuff and the Nirvana weapons I want. With some luck (and some nice people selling things cheaply) I can get up to TT99 soon.

I'm nowhere near Ancestor's Blessing, I have to admit >_< Only at around 300-400 influence after about a week or so, and you need to get up to 3000-ish to unlock that tier of Luminance stuff. But I really am debating just stubborning it out. It'll really depend on how long it takes me to level up my Blacksmith/Tailor skills and build my weapons/armour...I think once I have TT90 stuff I'm going to rebirth no matter what, just because I feel so behind in stats right now.

EDIT: to your edit lmao. I have a Zeal ready (with a ridiculous amount of lucky points, if it gets at least 7 on hitting level 100 I can learn a 6th skill on it), so I won't ever be taking on more than one mob at a time. I know my limits well, and multiple mobs is not in them usually X_x

I was actually going to pm you in game today, once I got off work to tell you something, but I can't log in, so I suppose that I'll attempt to pm you whenever the servers go up...provided that I remember. b:chuckle (Don't want to discuss it here, because it's part of how I make coin on my cleric.) I would advice you to pvp in NW...not because you'd stand a high chance. You'll die a lot in fact. My weapon is G16 +10, and I can't touch some people when I hit them.

But I advise you to do it because it's the easiest way to farm raps and uncannies, which go towards farming your G15. The only other ways to earn enough raps are to buy from catshops/other players, or to run the old dead nirvana. LOL. (If you do go....where charms might save you, it may also be good to go uncharmed because of the charmrape that NW is known to provide.)

Not trying to push you to pvp if you don't want to btw, so forgive me if it seems that way. I'm just trying to offer advice to help you increase your revenue, and to help get you closer and closer to G16. :) b:laugh

I'm jealous of your zeal. My zeal has like 5 skills. My discipline has a 6th skill, so that's fun. It's good that you know your limits well, and have an understanding of what you can and cannot handle. That tends to be a sign of a good player. :)

Also, regarding prestige/influence, the orders give you some sort of badge to increase the speed of obtaining them. I believe they were 20%/50%/80% respectively. Don't quote me on that, nor hold me to it. I don't remember for sure. b:surrender

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

edited December 2014
    Options
    Also, Zoldi does have valid points. Especially with the quest experience now modified, it should be simpler to level. You already have Morai 95, so you're not in terrible shape to do it now.

Personally, I hated rebirthing, so I pretty much sped through being low leveled a second and third time around as quickly as I could. This meant a lot of hypered fc's, and a good deal of my coin went to buying more hypers. (I was a quester the first time around. I didn't do all of that to have to do them again. =__= ) Thus, I hypered as much I could to get back to 100+, since a lot of my revenue came from being 100+. (I hate farming, and I'm a lazy merchant...plus dual clienting a catshop tends to lag me noticeably, so...yeah.) When I say that I hypered, I mean that I even hypered normal dungeon bh's by soloing them, all in my attempt to get back to 100+. FC is dead now however, and PV cannot be spammed as much as FC could, so you actually shouldn't need so much coin. Once you rebirth and are level 100+ again, you can start joining FSP, and that will open up a whole new ball game for you. Even doing primals will open up a whole new ball game for you.

I still stick by what I said before, but if you feel that you're ready....then go for it. :D In the end, it's your character, and you know if you're ready better than any of us. We're all just offering our opinions based upon our own experiences, but at the end of the day, it's up to you. :D

Heck, the rebirth gear they give you is sufficient enough for many levels until you can equip your real gear again around level 50'ish. I'd advise having a pretty decent necklace, belt, and cape though to boost your defenses while being low leveled. Since they don't have stat requirements, you can keep them on, even at level 1 once you rebirth.

Hope that helps.

• Molniya - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It all has, really, thank-you all! <3 I think I have a definite idea of things I'd like to finish off before rebirth, and hopefully they won't take too long XD
    I was a quester the first time around. I didn't do all of that to have to do them again. =__=
    That was something I was wondering about, do all the quests get reset upon rebirth? I'm a quester myself, I want to get all of that off my available quests screen, but if they just get reset, I may as well wait until RB2 to really crack down on getting all of those done :|a (I'm assuming culti won't though, given it's kinda required for all your skills)
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It all has, really, thank-you all! <3 I think I have a definite idea of things I'd like to finish off before rebirth, and hopefully they won't take too long XD

That was something I was wondering about, do all the quests get reset upon rebirth? I'm a quester myself, I want to get all of that off my available quests screen, but if they just get reset, I may as well wait until RB2 to really crack down on getting all of those done :|a (I'm assuming culti won't though, given it's kinda required for all your skills)

Cultivation won't reset. I was Celestial Sage and had all 4 maps of OHT unlocked before rebirth existed, and I didn't have to do those maps over again.

Morai quest chain won't reset.

Goshinki quest chain won't reset. (Though I wish it would. b:cry )

There are a few other quests that won't reset, but as it stands mostly, they all do reset.

Also, when you rebirth...

1st rebirth: 4x exp from quests, mobs, items, etc.
    2nd rebirth: 3.5 exp rate from the same.

So with the way quests have been recently boosted, the experience grind shouldn't be that bad with quests, all things considered.

Best of luck to you in your decision to, or to not rebirth yet.

• Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    On my RB toons I've only had to do quests that I've missed earlier at low levels + the new RB quest chains. Dailies of course do reset.

I personally recommend anyone who considers rebirthing to have average gear (including ornaments) such as Nirvana T2 or at very least their Morai set - Primal World is brutal, it is easier to solo/tank BHs with hhese gears as well as PV and you'll be able to do Flowsilver Palace sooner.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47