What armor/weapon to strive for next?

Jazana - Sanctuary
Jazana - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Venomancer
Hi everyone! So I'm back after an extended break from PWI and I'm unfamiliar with all this new expansion stuff. Last time I played was when the Seekers/Mystics came out. Anyway, I have a level 86 Mag/Vit veno with a herc. (I don't know why my avatar still says 84) I have the level 95 boost crystal thing but I don't really want to use it until I'm prepared with armor and weapons (if I use it at all). So my question is - what do you guys recommend for a 90-95 veno? I'm confused as to if I should go for TT90 or stick with the rank armors/weps. Any opinions are appreciated! Thank you!
Post edited by Jazana - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The avatars are borked. Mine says 63, I'm level 101 XD

If you have the right armour for your current level, I'd say use the stone and go straight into the Morai quests c: That's what I did (bumped up from 86 with two stones) and the mobs hurt a tad, but since you've got a tanky pet, you should be alright. The armour you get out of those questlines works until you get whatever you aim for next (probably TT90 I would think).
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hi everyone! So I'm back after an extended break from PWI and I'm unfamiliar with all this new expansion stuff. Last time I played was when the Seekers/Mystics came out. Anyway, I have a level 86 Mag/Vit veno with a herc. (I don't know why my avatar still says 84) I have the level 95 boost crystal thing but I don't really want to use it until I'm prepared with armor and weapons (if I use it at all). So my question is - what do you guys recommend for a 90-95 veno? I'm confused as to if I should go for TT90 or stick with the rank armors/weps. Any opinions are appreciated! Thank you!

Hello fellow Venomancer!

I would suggest using the EXP crystal to save you some time from leveling. At level 95 you can enter Morai and get yourself a complete set of level 95 Morai gear when you do the quest chain, which also gives a lot of EXP might I add. That gear is pretty decent for PvE as a starting point. I'd recommend refining it (+3 or +5) and sharding it (Flawless HP shards should be relatively cheap).

From that point you could aim to farm TT90 so you can later turn it into TT99, then Nirvana G15 and, finally, Nirvana G16 gear. Nirvana G16 is more or less the best endgame PvE gear right now, which can be used for PvP as well, albeit it's nowhere near as strong as R9rr (obviously).

Another option is for you to try and farm level 100 Morai gear through Endless Universe (can do a run per day, we often have that as a BH so you can join BH squads, you can enter at lvl95+) or slowly farm the level 101 gear in the different Morai orders which is really good for PvE. The level 101 Morai gear also got an update recently with increased stats/bonuses if you recast it.

Things to note: TT Nirvana path is bound but you can account stash it. Lunar Nirvana path is a little more expensive but it's trade-able (not bound). Morai gear is bound to the character, it cannot be traded, account stashed or shared with other characters.

R8 is also an option, if you already have 200,000 reputation. The R8 gear is decent enough as a starting point. R8r is rather good, but G16 Nirvana is better overall and is usually cheaper/faster to get. The stats aren't completely random and the defences are better.
    We recently got another update on R8 though: R8rr. We're not exactly sure how it compares to other gear... and farming Quicksand Maze for it is rather time consuming so I wouldn't recommend it for someone who's just trying to get back to the game. (Plus you need to reawaken 2 times and reach Mirage Sky X to enter, by the time you do that you'll probably have a full set of Nirvana gear.)

However! The R8r weapon is actually really good. A lot of classes get it for the defence levels bonus, but that's mostly for PvP. I'm not sure if you're interested in that. It can have other useful things but, I think a G16 Nirvana weapon is cheaper/easier to get and it should have better overall DD power thanks to the +40 attack levels or get the Morai weapons that are also very good (but PvE only).

I also recommend you reading the following links if you have time:
    Serenity's Illusonary Stone guide. It's for people that used the EXP stone and have no clue what to do at level 95. You might find some useful tips there.

Gear progression/suggestions for you. Mostly involves G16 Nirvana.

PS. Try finding a good faction or making some nice acquatances. This can help you out a lot by finding people willing to take you to runs when you need it.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • morenawolf
    morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Stupid question... let's say I would like to make a heavy veno using the crystal. I could get the heavy g12 Morai, the Hellblaze set. Any suggestion about the build to make to wear it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Tempestosa - Stormbringer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • sailormoon4ever
    sailormoon4ever Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2015

At level 95 you can enter Morai and get yourself a complete set of level 95 Morai gear when you do the quest chain, which also gives a lot of EXP might I add. That gear is pretty decent for PvE as a starting point. I'd recommend refining it (+3 or +5) and sharding it (Flawless HP shards should be relatively cheap).

+5 is really expensive. Is it really wise to invest so much in throw-away gear? A single 5* dragon orb is like 20 mil at the cat shops. That's far more than a piece of TT90 gear. You can pick up an entire TT90 armor set if you shop around for 20 mil.
    From that point you could aim to farm TT90 so you can later turn it into TT99, then Nirvana G15 and, finally, Nirvana G16 gear.

Do you keep your refines and shards when you upgrade? If I refine and shard my TT90, is it carried over to TT99? Same question with TT99->G15 and G15->G16.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    +5 is really expensive. Is it really wise to invest so much in throw-away gear? A single 5* dragon orb is like 20 mil at the cat shops. That's far more than a piece of TT90 gear. You can pick up an entire TT90 armor set if you shop around for 20 mil

Very few use orbs for low refines. We mostly use the event gold from demon/sage event card codes as well as all the mirages that get thrown at you at higher levels to essentially get our low refines (3-5) for free. The lucky/knowledgeable ones will push this to 7/8/9 but there's no need to go that far on throwaway gear.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    +5 is really expensive. Is it really wise to invest so much in throw-away gear? A single 5* dragon orb is like 20 mil at the cat shops. That's far more than a piece of TT90 gear. You can pick up an entire TT90 armor set if you shop around for 20 mil.

Do you keep your refines and shards when you upgrade? If I refine and shard my TT90, is it carried over to TT99? Same question with TT99->G15 and G15->G16.

My bad, I forgot to mention Event Gold and Refine Aids. If you keep an eye on the forums of PWI's Facebook you can get codes for goodies, among which is Event Gold cards.
    Then, you can get Mirages through various means such as BH100, Nirvana Talisman (exchange for 5 mirage per day). Worst case, you can buy Refine Aids from other players/Catshops.

People usually use Tienkangs for refines up to +5 and then use Tisha for for +6-9 but that usually requires large amounts of Mirages and a lot of Refine Aids/Event Gold. However, +5 is fairly easy to achieve unless you have a really bad day, in which case you should give up and try another day.

I realise I also forgot to state the fact that refining and sharding should be done according to how long you think you'll be using a set of gear. Getting your base gear (TT99 or Lunar 95) for your future Nirvana gear will take a while, for instance, so you'll probably want to refine/shard your temporary gear (Morai or TT90).

To answer your last question; refines and shards aren't carried over to upgrades unless you use Chienkun Stones (but they aren't worth it in your case).

morenawolf wrote: »
    Stupid question... let's say I would like to make a heavy veno using the crystal. I could get the heavy g12 Morai, the Hellblaze set. Any suggestion about the build to make to wear it?

I'd think it's the same process as any HA build, which is probably covered in the HA build sticky. I assume you might need some ornaments with +Str, Mag, Dex etc. to wear both the armor and the weapon though hmm.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★