Am I the only one that...

eraldus
eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
Thinks that spending coins to learn/upgrade your skills now, with the removal of skill master NPCs, doesn't make ANY sense at all?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Meh...Good Point, and well made.

Just think of it as the Elder's taxes to fund his shady back alley refining services.

You'll feel better about it, and laugh a bit.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It makes people charge zen to sell for gold to auction for coins so they can actually learn the skills from the spirit they got insta-leveling. Thereby making it free to play for the rest of us, and driving gold prices down. Leave those suckers in, all the insta 100s have been great for driving gold price down, but also an active coin sink to go hand in hand with the nerfing of coins from mob drops. This is great.
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It makes people charge zen to sell for gold to auction for coins so they can actually learn the skills from the spirit they got insta-leveling. Thereby making it free to play for the rest of us, and driving gold prices down. Leave those suckers in, all the insta 100s have been great for driving gold price down, but also an active coin sink to go hand in hand with the nerfing of coins from mob drops. This is great.

I am almost on board with you, with reservations of course. This could end up to be a great thing...or a terrible thing. Time will tell.

Great scam on PW's part tho....

"HEY! Come to PWI, we will level you up to 95!!!!"

"HEY! Now that you are 95, guess what? You have no coin to level up your skills to complete your cultivation to get the gear we are going to give you! And you can't grind to make it, so....cc# pl0x?"
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am almost on board with you, with reservations of course. This could end up to be a great thing...or a terrible thing. Time will tell.

Great scam on PW's part tho....

"HEY! Come to PWI, we will level you up to 95!!!!"

"HEY! Now that you are 95, guess what? You have no coin to level up your skills to complete your cultivation to get the gear we are going to give you! And you can't grind to make it, so....cc# pl0x?"

I bet level 95 character can kill level 1 mob with bare hands.

Also he can complete level 1-20 quests even without equipment.

More, he can sell some high level materials (Iron, Wood, etc.), which cost more than pickaxe itself.

Edit:
    Level 95 characters has +94 attack and +94 defense level in comparison with level 1 mob, much more life and largest possible mana pool.

Those, who want complete quests without Illusionary stone are welcome - they can do quests at proper level, if it is more easy for them.
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And people though people who ran FF was bad.At least a FF player had a basic understanding of the game and eventually worked for it in the long run.Now we have questions like "whats the stat build for this.","how much is that.","Where do I get those.","I only have a mill,oh man this is going to be rough." and lastly "I quit im going back to some other game."b:laugh

And it makes plenty sense on paying for skills its kinda like college.You guys probably want free full skills too right?Then your probably want free ful lrep as well right?Whats next?
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If the majority of people were like me, they used this opportunity to raise alts they had all but given up on to 95+ and so already have a fair grasp of the game.

Yes there will be those who went from level 1. Just as there were those who charged cash and bought their levels in FC runs from a higher level.

Back to topic. The new interface is simply a Quality of Life improvement, no longer do you need to break off from what you were doing and head to a town to find a trainer. Think of it as Pan Gu version of ebay. Now you dont have to go to the shop to buy something, you can do it remotely. But there is still a cost to doing the trade.

As far as QOL improvements go it is a nice one. If only they would add functionality to your inventory so you can "melt down" unwanted drops for gold (e.g convert items to money) without having to head back in to town to find a vendor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If the majority of people were like me, they used this opportunity to raise alts they had all but given up on to 95+ and so already have a fair grasp of the game.

Yes there will be those who went from level 1. Just as there were those who charged cash and bought their levels in FC runs from a higher level.

Back to topic. The new interface is simply a Quality of Life improvement, no longer do you need to break off from what you were doing and head to a town to find a trainer. Think of it as Pan Gu version of ebay. Now you dont have to go to the shop to buy something, you can do it remotely. But there is still a cost to doing the trade.

As far as QOL improvements go it is a nice one. If only they would add functionality to your inventory so you can "melt down" unwanted drops for gold (e.g convert items to money) without having to head back in to town to find a vendor.

Agreed, I used the stone personally to level an alt that I pretty much forgot about. Probably still will, tbh LOL

I really do like the new skill feature, one of my favorite things about this expansion.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I used the stones to raise a few alts that were levels 75 to 94 originally so I know how to play the alts just were not my favorite classes to play. Like others have stated, I probably will play them now, yet not focus on them until I gear them up, and I leveled toons that are on accounts that already have T3 armor so I can just account stash what I need sans weapons which I do still need to make for them.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Why would removal of the NPC make paying for skills nonsensical? I haven't had a problem leveling skills when doing my quests, the coins seem to be sufficient. NPC was just the middle man, he never earned a profit.

It's a coin sink, as it was meant to be.
  • eraldus
    edited December 2014
    Why would removal of the NPC make paying for skills nonsensical? I haven't had a problem leveling skills when doing my quests, the coins seem to be sufficient. NPC was just the middle man, he never earned a profit.

It's a coin sink, as it was meant to be.

*Throws money at own face* "YAY! I'm more skillfull!"

Totally makes sense...

And I'm not complaining about having to pay for skills, lol... I'm just making an observation about how silly it looks.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    eraldus wrote: »
    *Throws money at own face* "YAY! I'm more skillfull!"

Totally makes sense...

And I'm not complaining about having to pay for skills, lol... I'm just making an observation about how silly it looks.

Except it was silly before, making it a pointless point.

*Uses great cyclone thousands of time, learns nothing**talks to skill trainer for a second and levels up skill multiple times*

It was always dumb, if you try to make it reality-based.
  • eraldus
    edited December 2014
    Except it was silly before, making it a pointless point.

*Uses great cyclone thousands of time, learns nothing**talks to skill trainer for a second and levels up skill multiple times*

It was always dumb, if you try to make it reality-based.

Yes, now it's waaaaay dumber, but meh, whatever, if there is something PW is good at is to f*** logic