Why do many seekers use 2 handed swords rather than 2 handed?

PixelGamezz - Archosaur
PixelGamezz - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Seeker
is 2 handed stronger? or is it just because of the looks. whats the difference?
Post edited by PixelGamezz - Archosaur on

Comments

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    is 2 handed stronger? or is it just because of the looks. whats the difference?

If you are not trolling i think your question is:

Why do many seekers use 2 handed swords rather than 1 handed?

I didnt play a seeker so I dont know. Sorry.
    giphy.gif

• Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The best weapon in the game atm is a single sword. That is the r9s3 sword. The upgraded warsoul are a close second, and those are duel wielding but much rarer.

If all four options are available then it is actually the dual swords that are best for seekers. For example, the NV3 options.

However, most times people are shunted into one option. I'd love to duel wield on my seeker, but to have the best weapon for him atm I have to carry a single sword.

I like to think that its less of a personal choice and more of a practical one.
  • Korahko - Dreamweaver
    Korahko - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Dual weapons do more damage in general.

This is in regard to options like G16 where you have the choice of single swords/blades vs duel swords/blades. The dual handed weapons just do more damage. So with the exception of the r9rr single handed swrod, dual weps do more damage.

I would use single handed swords/blades if i could, just because of aesthetics (Seeker stances only make one sword glow) but the damage decrease is not worth it
  • Chelestine - Heavens Tear
    Chelestine - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's easiest to compare the difference between them using the G16 nirvana weapons as an example:

Astral Ballad - Dual Blade
    Attack Speed 0.91
    Physical attack 1157-1928

Infinite Longing - Dual Sword
    Attack Speed 0.91
    Physical attack 1311-1774

Halfway Galaxy - Single Blade
    Attack Speed 1.11
    Physical attack 867-1608

Autumn Crescent - Single Sword
    Attack Speed 1.11
    Physical attack 990-1485

Dual blades/swords generally do more damage, but they are slower than the single blade/sword. The difference between a sword and a blade, whether dual or single, is that blades have a higher max and lower min damage, while swords are more even and consistent in damage output.

Back during the aps craze when people even bothered making their seekers high aps base, a single-handed weapon was the obvious choice. Now that the game is steered more toward DpH, dual blades are more popular because they offer a higher damage for each skill, and attack speed has no impact on how quickly you can use skills. However, both the r8 and r9 seeker weapon is a single handed sword, so you don't have a choice there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Find me at ♡ Chel's Creative Corner ♡ of the screenshot section! :3

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1607021
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I prefer the Autumn Cresent sword myself...Looks cool but still has pretty good amount of damage

I also have the

☆Frostflame Falchions(free dual blades from EU which are 2 sockets instantly)

APS 0.91

Attack Damage 654-932 (but +50 slaying which means the damage is more towards 2000)

In the end I believe its more preference/budget/refinement/addons
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Dual blades cuz I love dat spike damage. b:dirty
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's easiest to compare the difference between them using the G16 nirvana weapons as an example:

Astral Ballad - Dual Blade
    Attack Speed 0.91
    Physical attack 1157-1928

Infinite Longing - Dual Sword
    Attack Speed 0.91
    Physical attack 1311-1774

Halfway Galaxy - Single Blade
    Attack Speed 1.11
    Physical attack 867-1608

Autumn Crescent - Single Sword
    Attack Speed 1.11
    Physical attack 990-1485

Dual blades/swords generally do more damage, but they are slower than the single blade/sword. The difference between a sword and a blade, whether dual or single, is that blades have a higher max and lower min damage, while swords are more even and consistent in damage output.

Back during the aps craze when people even bothered making their seekers high aps base, a single-handed weapon was the obvious choice. Now that the game is steered more toward DpH, dual blades are more popular because they offer a higher damage for each skill, and attack speed has no impact on how quickly you can use skills. However, both the r8 and r9 seeker weapon is a single handed sword, so you don't have a choice there.

APS craze for seekers? Never happened. At least on other classes it's viable. On seekers its just plain bad, and anyone who did it thinking it was good should feel bad.

Duals are better, unless its the r9.3 sword. Case closed.