Morai Server lag-issues since 3 weeks.

2»

Comments

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I want to do some investigating in this if able (I'm an IT tech and got some experience in networking). This is probably a failure somewhere in the connectivity between the AMSIX and another major hub in Germany - probably Dusseldorf. But to be able to identify which connection or company is having issues, more information is needed. Since I don't have the problem myself, I can't do any direct investigating.

In order to provide me with the info required please do the following when you are experiencing connection issues (and only then!):
    1: Alt-Tab out of the game. Do not close it
    2a: Windows 7: Go to Start - Accessories - Command Console
    2b: Windows XP: Go to Start - Run - type "CMD" and press enter
    3: In the command console, type: "ping -a -n 100 pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu" and press enter. This command will take 2 to 5 minutes to complete. Copy the ping statistics or make a screenshot of them, they are part of the information required.
    4: In the command console, type "tracert pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu" and copy the entire path or make a screenshot. This part will be the most important if the issue is network related.

Explanation
    Step 3: This will start sending packets to the server to test the connection to it. They won't actually reach the game server, but they will hit one of the four firewalls of the game server and be replied on there. If the flakey connection is limited to a single IP then the firewall in question may be faulty - if this is the case roughly 25% of the server population is affected. The stability and latency of the connection are tested in this.
    Step 4: The traceroute command tests connectivity with all nodes between your computer and the game server (or in this case it's firewall). It will show, via the hostnames, which ISPs and higher tier providers are servicing the connection. If a single provider/backbone connection shows up in this list with all players who have a problem, then that is most likely the one who is having issues - in which case people need to contact their ISP's service desk. If this ends up being the issue I'll compose a semi-techy message with the relevant data that can simply be forwarded to your ISP's service desk.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.