[Maintenance Discussion] 12/16/14

Options
sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
Hey all,

With the expansion now on the horizon, we'll be having a pretty large maintenance tonight. It will go from 10PM - 6AM. I know I know, it's almost like forever! We needed a lot more time to get things set up and tested, to ensure everything works tomorrow (If it doesn't, don't blame me, I don't do maintenance's! I kid I kid, but seriously, I don't do them)

Timezone conversions: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141216T22&ah=8

See this thread for an update regarding the Level 95 Illusionary Stone: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1728831

If you missed the overview, you can see that here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9007823-pwi-eclipse-overview!

We'll have some more news tomorrow morning, so be sure to keep an eye out.

Patch Notes

PWI Patch Notes v829 Eclipse - Released December 16th, 2014

New Features
*New race: Nightshades! Descended from the guardians of the Divine Child, these beings can call upon the power of the moon to assail their enemies.
*New classes: Duskblade and Stormbringer! The Duskblade is a fast melee class that can string together combos, while the Stormbringer is a caster class that calls down the fury of nature itself.
*New starting zone: Celestial Vale! All new characters will now spend their first twenty levels in this brand-new zone, which also includes the new Lightsail Cave dungeon.
*New dungeon: Quicksand Maze! The lair of the terrifying Nightmares, this dungeon's layout changes randomly each time you enter! Quicksand Maze has two level brackets: a low-level version for level 50+ players, and a high-level version for level 100 players at Mirage Sky X.

Bug Fixes
*Fixed a bug in which the chat window would sometimes freeze.
*Fixed the Marketplace icon for Leopard Capris.
*The Genie Skill Frenzy is no longer called Enrage in the Learn Skills pane.
*Miscellaneous text fixes.
*The Sundrop and Tiger Lily fashion sets have returned to the Marketplace.

User Interface
*The interface art has been updated.
*The world and territory maps have been updated to include the new Nightshade city, Dawnglory.
*The Skills interface has been updated. Instead of traveling to skill trainer NPCs to learn new skills, you can learn them directly from the Skills pane.
*Sheomay and the Newbie Guide have received an update.
*You can now use the mouse to zoom and rotate your character in the Fitting Room.
*The main menu can now be set to appear on the side of the screen instead of the bottom.

Gameplay
*The Reward Chest has had many of its rewards updated, along with a new daily reward that grants a pair of free, time-limited guardian and spirit charms.
*All quests in Perfect World have had their level requirements adjusted to bring them in line with the new starting zone, which takes all new characters to level 20. Many quests have also had their objectives adjusted to require considerably fewer kills and/or quest items.
*Level 80-89 Bounty Quests now require killing monsters in the Wraithgate and Hallucinatory Trench.
*Level 90-99 Bounty Quests now require killing monsters in Eden, Brimstone Pit, and Twilight Temple.
*The Crazy Stone quest has had its rewards updated.
*New daily quests have been added for levels 83-95.
*The Paperclip for Villa questline has been optimized.
*Crafting skills are now learned at level 28 instead of level 5.
*A new Title QUest has been added in Emerald Dragon Gulf. Players can accept it at 635, 656.

NPCs
*All skill trainer NPCs have been removed.
*Many NPCs have moved to new locations within their cities.
*Many NPCs have received graphical updates.

Maintenance Question: If you could have 1 new thing in this expansion, that has never existed before in PWI, what would it be and why?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hey all,

With the expansion now on the horizon, we'll be having a pretty large maintenance tonight. It will go from 10PM - 6AM. I know I know, it's almost like forever! We needed a lot more time to get things set up and tested, to ensure everything works tomorrow (If it doesn't, don't blame me, I don't do maintenance's! I kid I kid, but seriously, I don't do them)

Timezone conversions: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141216T22&ah=8

See this thread for an update regarding the Level 95 Illusionary Stone: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1728831

If you missed the overview, you can see that here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9007823-pwi-eclipse-overview!

Patch Notes

Yasssss

New Features
    *New race: Nightshades! Descended from the guardians of the Divine Child, these beings can call upon the power of the moon to assail their enemies.
    *New classes: Duskblade and Stormbringer! The Duskblade is a fast melee class that can string together combos, while the Stormbringer is a caster class that calls down the fury of nature itself.
    *New starting zone: Celestial Vale! All new characters will now spend their first twenty levels in this brand-new zone, which also includes the new Lightsail Cave dungeon.
    *New dungeon: Quicksand Maze! The lair of the terrifying Nightmares, this dungeon's layout changes randomly each time you enter! Quicksand Maze has two level brackets: a low-level version for level 50+ players, and a high-level version for level 100 players at Mirage Sky X.

Bug Fixes

User Interface
    *The world and territory maps have been updated to include the new Nightshade city, Dawnglory.
    *The Skills interface has been updated. Instead of traveling to skill trainer NPCs to learn new skills, you can learn them directly from the Skills pane.
    *You can now use the mouse to zoom and rotate your character in the Fitting Room.
    *The main menu can now be set to appear on the side of the screen instead of the bottom.

Gameplay
    *The Reward Chest has had many of its rewards updated, along with a new daily reward that grants a pair of free, time-limited guardian and spirit charms.
    *All quests in Perfect World have had their level requirements adjusted to bring them in line with the new starting zone, which takes all new characters to level 20. Many quests have also had their objectives adjusted to require considerably fewer kills and/or quest items.
    *Level 80-89 Bounty Quests now require killing monsters in the Wraithgate and Hallucinatory Trench.
    *Level 90-99 Bounty Quests now require killing monsters in Eden, Brimstone Pit, and Twilight Temple.
    *A new Title QUest has been added in Emerald Dragon Gulf. Players can accept it at 635, 656.

NPCs

Maintenance Question: If you could have 1 new thing in this expansion, that has never existed before in PWI, what would it be and why?

Yaaasssss amen ameen!!

Answer: The new city Dawnglory... I LOVE that name, that right there, is awesome! And first post wohooo
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    First non-human reply!

There doesn't seem to be any new manual patch for this maintenance.
    At least not yet.
    What is that web address? PHP is the original name was "Personal Home Page", now Hypertext Processor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• jaytrain91
    jaytrain91 Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Do you know if it includes the engine update from PW-CN?
    TwoShanks- Twilight Temple
    BiggyLuvv- Twilight Temple
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    What aboutthe Warsoul weps do we get to craft garenteed max stats with higher refines like in china and do we get the extra forge to make dragon orbs 1-5 like they have there we all have seen the videos with them we want that stuff also personaly thats what i want the most
  • codeballad
    codeballad Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Launch date in annoucement it missleading, in future patches could you please be more spacific as to exactly when we should expect severs to go down. Instead of some last minute notice I'm not familiar with how PWI launched it's expansion but as publishers i believe you should try to be more open with your players.
  • koth0
    koth0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    unbinding charm need i say moreb:chuckle
  • barber
    barber Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

I want a special pill that could be used on all class pets to allow them to pick up your drops as you grind. At least then they could be useful for something other than looks.

like be able to buy them in the boutique for maybe 10 for 50 silver or 100 for 1 gold whatever would make them more reasonable. each pilll when used would make your all class pet work for 30 minutes or an hour so you wouldnt have to waste time picking up drops as you grind....

...of course with the new stone who the hell will be grinding anymore? :p

Ive had this type of object in other games I've played and people loved them
    banner01.jpg
  • vix74
    vix74 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    unbind gem
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Unbinding Stone - because I have tons of bound stuff that is good and useful for other people, but I can't move it.
  • Jack_Shadow - Heavens Tear
    Jack_Shadow - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    no skill trainers means no spending coin on skills! (dances)
    what matters in ones life is the strength that's within your heart and mind. for it is these two things that makes one feel human.
  • jaytrain91
    edited December 2014
    Options

I thought it still cost coins
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2014
    Options

It just means that you learn them through a different menu now.

As for the new engine, yes it is. No real noticeable difference though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Let's see what this expansion brings, yet I can picture ppl QQing about the new classes being OP and all in a very close future. Rebalancing classes would be nice~

I learned to enjoy the ride and to not get excited in advance... It's really disheartening when you have set your hopes too high and get less in return.

As for a feature that wasn't here yet, I'm still dreaming about housing. You guys want a coin sink? Well, isn't it the right time to make it pop up from the hat? b:surrender

Oh and I won't be camping in this thread... It's all about stomping around, pouting and going "are we there yet?" so I'll just pass on it. ^^
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Klinsy - Dreamweaver
    Klinsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    A height editor in the character appearance customization settings. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Options

You're still spending coin. Just that now instead of talking to NPCs to learn skills we can do that directly via our skill menu.

... I'm gonna miss the skill trainers, though. b:surrender
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    can we get a well organized layout sheet of all the new skills?
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • archoeyrda#7167
    archoeyrda#7167 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    No trailer?
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    You're still spending coin. Just that now instead of talking to NPCs to learn skills we can do that directly via our skill menu.

Hey, been a while, Opkorok.

Hmm. It will be even stranger since they are starring on war avatar cards.
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »

Me too, but we have way too many redundant npc's all over Arch now as it is.
  • aquale
    aquale Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    10PM - 6AM But what timezone is it? PST?
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2014
    Options
    aquale wrote: »
    10PM - 6AM But what timezone is it? PST?

I guess that the given times are always Pacific timezone ones.
  • jaytrain91
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Still hoping for a manual patch, not a fan of the auto patcher
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    12 char slots per account b:shy
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Please upload a manual patch. nhf taking three hours to dl this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Still hoping for a manual patch.

Also, as for the Q, I'd like to see more languages added to the chat box. Time to spam Hebrew in world chat b:laugh
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • Evertide - Lost City
    Evertide - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hey all,

Patch Notes

New Features

Bug Fixes

User Interface

Gameplay

NPCs

no mention of dq being nerf'd means its not gonna happien? or just being unmentioned?
  • blackravenxin
    blackravenxin Posts: 6
    edited December 2014
    Options
    what I would like to see in this expansion would probably be considered mean so I won't say.
  • Submariner - Morai
    Submariner - Morai Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

A NerveGear. The one who knows what it is, know why :)
  • Alyriya - Raging Tide
    Alyriya - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I really hope there is a manual patch. Some people still have internet usage caps. Luckily I also have a freezone time from midnight to 5 am. Soooooo I'd really like to get the patch started as soon as possible.

Sweetiebot, is there a manual patch yet?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

Sweetiebot, is there a manual patch yet?
    I believe there is one, yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

This discussion has been closed.