Leveling past when 2nd rb and 105

Options
VitoryXXX - Archosaur
VitoryXXX - Archosaur Posts: 171 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
I heard that you can't level past 2 rebirth levels (with Ancient Tome) if you are 2nd rb and lvl 105. Anyone can confirm?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mystic's Never Die~ Y☯utube---http://tinyurl.com/pqu55ut
First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
100-100-102 Demon Psychic
100-100-100 Sage Cleric//100-100-101 Sage Stormbringer//100 Demon Duskblade
And other alt's i don't play~
Post edited by VitoryXXX - Archosaur on

Comments

• SephronX - Sanctuary
    SephronX - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Well it's game mechanics. Book Demon absorbs the exp you would get yourself if it wasn't on. At 105 you don't earn exp anymore, so the book demon gets 0 exp even if it's on. So yes, at 105 rb2 you wouldn't earn anymore exp and the historic levels would remain as they are. At least until rb3, which we may never get.

I don't see why people would take the effort to get to 105 in rb2 before getting all those yummy attributes from historic levels anyway. It seems foolish.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Taking your main level higher boosts your soulforce, and affects level-dependent spells such as Reel In, Mystic Eye etc...

For PvP it's better to boost your main level before doing your past levels. And to my knowledge the Demon Book should autoactivate upon reaching level 105, and absorb all XP you'd normally get. Can't confirm this though, I don't have a toon that high yet.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    The book is bugged. Once you hit 105 on the 2nd rebirth it locks and wont let you edit the previous ones. Its best to max out the previous incarnations first.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    The book is bugged. Once you hit 105 on the 2nd rebirth it locks and wont let you edit the previous ones. Its best to max out the previous incarnations first.
    Its not a "bug"

What is happening pre-dates the book. When you hit 105, you no longer receive exp at all. The book doesn't "bug" or "lock", since this mechanic has been in place for years before the book even existed. True, it doesn't jive with the current book system, but its still working as originally intended.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I don't see why people would take the effort to get to 105 in rb2 before getting all those yummy attributes from historic levels anyway. It seems foolish.

Basically what Evryn said, it's for boosting the efficacy of level difference dependent skills.

So for people end game geared, they may focus on past level leveling as it works best for maximizing their damage and survivability. Anyone with lesser gear, won't do much even with the higher stats. But they can get the advantage against the higher gear by focusing their current level first, and get more effect. Like Aurora Blasts doing more "damage" when you wouldn't otherwise be able to hit them.

That's why my cleric will be leveling primary focus over older levels. I get guaranteed aurora boost to jack people up.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I would still call it a bug...
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Its not a "bug"

What is happening pre-dates the book. When you hit 105, you no longer receive exp at all. The book doesn't "bug" or "lock", since this mechanic has been in place for years before the book even existed. True, it doesn't jive with the current book system, but its still working as originally intended.

Technically it is a bug. The way it was supposed to work was that upon the 105 level on the 2nd rebirth the book would open and stay open to absorb experience from that moment forward. Just because it works like it used to doesn't mean that it is now not a bug.
  • josemendezo
    josemendezo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    im 2nd reborn and 105 still gettin exp on tome,my ancient tome works fine atm absorbin exp ok.