Game Username

Options
lanebre
lanebre Posts: 151 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Support Desk
Hi all, sorry if this been answered before and i really tried to figure out and tried with searching*.
I made new acc for shop and things seams changed. I registred new account and game username is mail address that i used and its too long D: On old account registered 3 years ago i have forum name and game name which are different so im wondering is i can set game username instead of using mail or that option has been removed? Thank you

I looked trough forum in this subforum and general discussion but problem is that people don't know how to properly name topic.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Where is it you are trying to change the name at?

if you mean for posting in the forums, that feature has been broken for over a year now and they haven't bothered to fix it so that you can change your ID's you're posting as.

You may be able to open a ticket to have them change it, but msot likely you're out of luck on that front.

If it's something else, then maybe I'm not quite understanding what you're asking. It could be interpreted a couple of different ways, and since lately, there are 3-4 possible account ID's you can use depending on what site/game/tool you're logging into, it just adds a layer of confusion. I chose the most common option to recommend.

The only other thing I can think of is the account name itself. Like My account has the following....

Email: My email address attached to the account.
    Account Name: the default account name that I created the account with and use for most account-related logins if I'm not using email.
    Forum Name: the default identifier for my account that is view-able publicly via Arc and the forums. It's set to the account itself and not directly linked to any specific toon.
    Character ID: the name of a particular character, like the one I'm currently posting with.

The email you can change via the account page.
    The Account Name and Forum Name are created when you first generate the account. Those are not things that you can change, but you may be able to submit a ticket to have them changed. Personally, it's not likely to be fulfilled though. I was never able to get it done on one of mine that I named incorrectly. they basically said either create a new account or live with it.
    The Character names, you used to change which displayed in the forum, but as I stated, that is currently broken. If you want to change the name of a toon, In PWI, you can buy a stone, but in most cases, it's cheaper to just make a new character.

Hope that helps. If I confused you, or didn't hit the mark, let me know and I'll try to clear it up and get you the answer you need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lanebre
    edited December 2014
    Options

Email: My email address attached to the account.
    Account Name: the default account name that I created the account with and use for most account-related logins if I'm not using email.
    Forum Name: the default identifier for my account that is view-able publicly via Arc and the forums. It's set to the account itself and not directly linked to any specific toon.
    Character ID: the name of a particular character, like the one I'm currently posting with.

That account name. I know earlier accounts had option (who registred on pwi.perfectworld.com) had option to set account name and forum name. but now that option is missing.
    WjPDXtQ.png
    Display name is only displaying on top of page when i log into account using mail address. Also i cant log into game with that name. I have to type whole mail adress which is very annoying so was wondering if that can be changed. Can i set somehow account id (username) for game?
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I think they've removed that since the way they previously had it set up was a bit confusing. I'd open a ticket on that though.

I can still log into all my account with the old account name, but haven't created any new ones to see the changes. I know that looking at my account details pages now, the old Account Name doesn't exist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lanebre
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I think they've removed that since the way they previously had it set up was a bit confusing. I'd open a ticket on that though.

I can still log into all my account with the old account name, but haven't created any new ones to see the changes. I know that looking at my account details pages now, the old Account Name doesn't exist.

My point exactly. My old accounts working with username and new one mail address.. Pain :<
  • lanebre
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Can any mod or GM answer to this please? If they active nowdays
    I don't see point of posting a issue if i don't get relevant feedback
    edited December 2014
    Options
    lanebre wrote: »
    Can any mod or GM answer to this please? If they active nowdays
    I don't see point of posting a issue if i don't get relevant feedback

Sadly, I'm about the best you're going to get here. This forum is for users to help other users. The overworked GM's do not visit the forums at all.

If you want an "official" response, you're going to have to submit a ticket and pray that one of the 25 interns supporting all 18 different games actually knows what they are talking about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lanebre
    edited December 2014
    Options
    That's just sad.. Ticket support never helped me since i don't cashop.. I had few issues by now and got answered but without any help or solution. Thank you for your time and your replays
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It's been changed to just e-mail since the large change to Arc. About the only way I can think of would be to somehow register on the old site and I'm not even sure that would work as things currently stand. b:surrender
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited December 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    It's been changed to just e-mail since the large change to Arc. About the only way I can think of would be to somehow register on the old site and I'm not even sure that would work as things currently stand. b:surrender

It doesnt. I tried
    Not even with the hacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It doesnt. I tried
    Not even with the hacks.

That sucks. I still run through it from time to time and was hoping that would have a chance.
    (Insert fancy image here)