Cursed Jail

Demodude - Dreamweaver
Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Assassin
So I was reading this thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1718061 and I had another question about cursed jail but couldn't put it on there without necroing so I'm making a new thread

As an undergeared sin (not full r9 yet just chest so far), I rely a lot on control skills when I pvp (which isnt so much for now until I get my gear). I mostly use head hunter in places like bh79 where most of the mobs kite

Is it worth spending that many bloods and losing the instant stun for a longer casting one? I understand its pvp uses, but as I dont pvp as much now, is it worth losing the instant stun?

b:thanks
ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
Post edited by Demodude - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Only complaints I heard bout cursed jail is that it hits multiple times and is thus more likely to proc puri. Consensus seems to be its amazing on LAs/HAs though. That been said, I will prolly learn it when I have bloods to go around, right now I am more worried bout leveling passives.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Infamous_me - Archosaur
    Infamous_me - Archosaur Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So I was reading this thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1718061 and I had another question about cursed jail but couldn't put it on there without necroing so I'm making a new thread

As an undergeared sin (not full r9 yet just chest so far), I rely a lot on control skills when I pvp (which isnt so much for now until I get my gear). I mostly use head hunter in places like bh79 where most of the mobs kite

Is it worth spending that many bloods and losing the instant stun for a longer casting one? I understand its pvp uses, but as I dont pvp as much now, is it worth losing the instant stun?

omg Cursed is a waste. I advise any sins that ask me to not waste the time on it. Thats my opinion, and any skilled pvp sin I have talked to have said the same b:surrender
  • socean#3691
    socean#3691 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    omg Cursed is a waste. I advise any sins that ask me to not waste the time on it. Thats my opinion, and any skilled pvp sin I have talked to have said the same b:surrender

He just doesn't want anymore sins to get that **** skill :3 that skill hardly ever ticks my purify which sucks and deals uber dmg. All sin primal skills are op of course should read threads :3
  • Infamous_me - Archosaur
    Infamous_me - Archosaur Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    He just doesn't want anymore sins to get that **** skill :3 that skill hardly ever ticks my purify which sucks and deals uber dmg. All sin primal skills are op of course should read threads :3
    well thats just my personal opinion ofc. I want headhunt back, its waaaaaaay better in pvp.
  • Horosho - Lost City
    Horosho - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Only complaints I heard bout cursed jail is that it hits multiple times and is thus more likely to proc puri. Consensus seems to be its amazing on LAs/HAs though. That been said, I will prolly learn it when I have bloods to go around, right now I am more worried bout leveling passives.

You can press 'esc' to cancel cursed jail after the stun lands..
    Not hard to understand.

LOL, skilled sins on pw?b:laugh
  • Selbronne - Heavens Tear
    Selbronne - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well i didn't wanna learn cursed jail for the very long time but... got talked to it. The reasons for that are:
    as sage cursed jail is 1 sec longer stun than HH
    as someone told u can cancel channeling by pressing esc if u worry about puri proc
    not sure how to explain it but it actualy does stun target faster than HH in my opinion
    and ya the dmg is nice
    oh andi think it consumes 1 spark like 75% of time (sage bonus too)

so even if u are undergeared i whould learn it. don't renember the demon bonus but as sage it's definitly worth learning
  • xtoraah
    xtoraah Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Benefits of Cursed Jail over headhunt (for sage sins)

- 100% chance to cost only 1 spark(glitched) although you still need 2 sparks to cast it
    - 1 second longer stun time
    - Instant stun which requires no channeling/cast time
    - Is able to be cancelled instantly leaving you to use filler DD for the full 6 seconds.

Downsides of Cursed Jail over headhunt (for sage sins)

- Extremely long casting time
    - The damage is barely increased from headhunt, just spread across more hits (less dps)
    - The skill hits 4 times, assuming purify proc is 10% (not certain) it has a 40% chance to proc a casters purify if you don't cancel it.
    - Headhunt could be used effectively as a charm bypass skill, due to its high damage. Cursed Jail takes this away.

Basically, the only effective way to use this skill is to cancel it as soon as the stun lands and use the time for other filler skills, life hunter spam has much more dps than cursed jail does. If you're sage, it will let you stunlock like a dream, considering it only consumes a single spark.

If you are a fan of using headhunt to charm bypass at half hp, do not learn the skill, I learnt that the hard way.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    xtoraah wrote: »
    - The damage is barely increased from headhunt, just spread across more hits (less dps)

Depends on how you look at it. If the person is using def charms the DPS is higher when you use the charm, due to the first tick being the weakest and using the def charm.
  • Chrisalys - Dreamweaver
    Chrisalys - Dreamweaver Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Cursed Jail can be canceled after the first hit (dealing a 6s stun in like, 0.4s~ cast)
    I have it and it is worth the bloods if you PvP much, since you can choose between a considerable hard hitting full skill and a brief hitting stun. (requires more ability from the player to cancel CJ without losing the target)

Also a 4th hit Cursed Jail zerkcrit can be hard...
    Not as hard as a trisparked zerkrit 5th hit elimination though b:pleased.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" - Dracula
  • tsyfall
    tsyfall Posts: 9
    edited January 2015
    Cursed Jail > cancel > Subsea + Mire due to CJ only using 1 spark > elimination > pm "gf"