Weird - a 15-20min rollback???

Options
MageMERC - Harshlands
MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
Ive never noticed this before, but is there usually a minor rollback as a result of maintenance. My archer was dong paperclip before maintenance and was on the third last NPC (merchant fritz). Now I log in and the char is back at Villiage of the Dreaming cloud - so like back about 6 NPC's ???
Post edited by MageMERC - Harshlands on

Comments

• Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I think it is quite possible. Happened to me on Archosaur after a brief worldmap crash: I DCed in West Arch in the middle of catshops, and logged back in by the North Arch banker, with all the NPCed drops back to my bag.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    thats bad, very bad if the server doesnt force save when it goes down, you shouldnt really post that on the forum but submit a ticket ( i know, lol)
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I think I was Afk for the rest of the night.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    What's been noticed in the past is that the server "autosaves" every few minutes, but not necessarily before maintenance. You shouldn't do anything important right before maintenance.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It has happened to me, but the loggest roll back was like 5 min for me. I think it's a lot safer to log manually off before maint, and to wait for the server to be shut down.