Best way to get DoDs and DoTs?

Options
icycoffeebreaks
icycoffeebreaks Posts: 37 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
There's 3 people on my server whom I checked their gear last month and had moderate citrine shards. A month later, they are all JOSD 12+ refined now (Obviously cash shopped). But there aren't enough DoTs or DoDs from the catshops in west arch to make even 1 Diety or JOSD. I set up a catshop, and is currently the highest buyer, but didn't buy a single one all week.

Did these people really gambled with packs to get 72 DoTs/DoDs? Considering that the current packs gives only about a 0.1% chance to get a DoT or DoD, it just seems so hard for me to believe that, or am I missing something. Is there a better way? I had won 1st pretty much every week on the tiger event, and that hasn't given me a DoD/DoT since last Christmas (after opening over 100 tiger event packs). I am not judging anyone if they did gamble with packs for all their shards...but if you did, or know someone who did, how many packs must you go through or how much gold you have to save up to gamble enough to make 24 JOSD/Dietys?

I know there is a quest that gives you one for every 500 packs you open and get that item thing. But to get 72 shards from that, it means you have to have at most opened 36k packs, and with the current packs on sale, that is like 19k gold worth of packs at most. Which again, is ridiculously hard to believe.
Post edited by icycoffeebreaks on

Comments

• _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide
    _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    There's 3 people on my server whom I checked their gear last month and had moderate citrine shards. A month later, they are all JOSD 12+ refined now (Obviously cash shopped). But there aren't enough DoTs or DoDs from the catshops in west arch to make even 1 Diety or JOSD. I set up a catshop, and is currently the highest buyer, but didn't buy a single one all week.

Did these people really gambled with packs to get 72 DoTs/DoDs? Considering that the current packs gives only about a 0.1% chance to get a DoT or DoD, it just seems so hard for me to believe that, or am I missing something. Is there a better way? I had won 1st pretty much every week on the tiger event, and that hasn't given me a DoD/DoT since last Christmas (after opening over 100 tiger event packs). I am not judging anyone if they did gamble with packs for all their shards...but if you did, or know someone who did, how many packs must you go through or how much gold you have to save up to gamble enough to make 24 JOSD/Dietys?

I know there is a quest that gives you one for every 500 packs you open and get that item thing. But to get 72 shards from that, it means you have to have at most opened 36k packs, and with the current packs on sale, that is like 19k gold worth of packs at most. Which again, is ridiculously hard to believe.

i've actually been working on my DoD's myself. i tend to buy them from cat shops as i can afford them. one thing is perhaps they just aren't imbuing the stones yet but have them in their inventory? i typically didn't untill i had at least 4 of one type of shard
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Kitty doesn't see a single good reason to go shardless until all the shards for armor piece are gathered. Soulgem conversion allows replacing weak shards with better ones one by one without having to purge all the previous shards away first. At least Kitty uses beautiful and flawless' as placeholders and she replaces with Incomparables as soon as she gets any.

That service ish available at PW Boutique Agent
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide
    _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Kitty doesn't see a single good reason to go shardless until all the shards for armor piece are gathered. Soulgem conversion allows replacing weak shards with better ones one by one without having to purge all the previous shards away first. At least Kitty uses beautiful and flawless' as placeholders and she replaces with Incomparables as soon as she gets any.

That service ish available at PW Boutique Agent

true thats what i'm doing for JoSD i sharded with flawless first but replaced them with DoD as i went. now it would be silly to place 15m to upgrade fom a flawless shard xD i just purge flawless as i get my DoD. after those are done i'll be upgrading them in socket.
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    They prob have some direct vip **** or something to aquire the stones.