Watch out, a GM can get on your account and take your gear

Options
Skippy - Dreamweaver
Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion
happened to me yesterday,

i logged on just to find out that my G16 +10 helmet was taken by a GM.
apperenly the helmet was stolen, wich i had no idea of.

i received the helmet from a friend becouse i helped him gear up, and now the helmet is gone, the GM logged into my account and just took it whitout notice, whitout leaving a message.

now my friend lost his coins that he payed for the helmet, and i lost my helmet, and we got nothing back in return, great job PW...

ow, and i just barely had enough DEX to wear my armor and weapon, the helmet gave me 11 Dex. so my whole gear is red and i cant wear it, now i have to level up 3 levels to stat some dex to get my gear back on.

and PW offers no compensation

beware, they can just take your gear away, even if you think the gear you bought is fair game
Post edited by Skippy - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• rawrr990
    rawrr990 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    How can you be sure it was a gm. Last I checked your account can only be accessed by only you so why would a gm log on
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2014
    Options
    rawrr990 wrote: »
    How can you be sure it was a gm. Last I checked your account can only be accessed by only you so why would a gm log on

it was a GM, my ticket says that, and friends who saw me log on ( wich was not me ) told me a GM was on my account

they admitted it themselves

so a GM can pop on your account and take away your gear pretty much
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Likely this'll be locked as GM activity/tickets aren't really up for discussion on the forums... But still. GMs can also investigate who logged onto the character that lost the helmet in the first place. My guess is that that person also logged on from your connection. IE that you yourself are the scammer, and that you can be damned lucky that you didn't receive a ban for your efforts.

That you're crying about stolen goods being returned to their owner on the forum says enough tbh.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Likely this'll be locked as GM activity/tickets aren't really up for discussion on the forums... But still. GMs can also investigate who logged onto the character that lost the helmet in the first place. My guess is that that person also logged on from your connection. IE that you yourself are the scammer, and that you can be damned lucky that you didn't receive a ban for your efforts.

That you're crying about stolen goods being returned to their owner on the forum says enough tbh.

i did not steal anything, and i am pretty sure you would call them out as well if you found your +10 helmet missing

the owner of the helmet got it back, wich is great, but i had no idea this helmet was stolen, and now im left with nothing.

i think its unfair to call me a thief if you have no idea who i am, and how long i have been playing this game with 0 bad rep on me
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Well... um.... not sure how to put this without seeming offensive but..... duh? What made you think that PWE staff couldn't access your (technically belongs to them according to ToS but quoting that is stupid here anyways) account as needed to deal with stuff?

The fact you got an item that was scammed sucks, sure... but I'm sure whoever it originally belongs to appreciates getting it back. Maybe you and your friend should try to ticket about getting back what you've lost as a result of this (be it him asking about the coin or you trying to get a replacement helm) and hopefully you can get something done for you.

It sucks overall, yeah, but that's what happens when scammers are running around and whoever's dealing with it tracks down and returns the original item.

I do have to lock this though, but hopefully you and your friend will get a more satisfying conclusion after going through support.
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.