Frost Splash

XxxTheKIDxxx - Archosaur
XxxTheKIDxxx - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Suggestion Box
Ok before you quote me game play mechanics and so on, this is kind of a request to MODs and who ever is listening to lower the CD of [Frost Splash]. 3min cd is horrible + it costs 2 spark makes this wonderful skill almost useless, 3min is a life time during nw/tw/pk and so on, I mean I can have a nap in 3min lol. No but seriously archers have to deal with a lot of cd so please if its not too much to ask lower the cd to 1min ish which is reasonable and will make the skill fun/usable. b:victory
Post edited by XxxTheKIDxxx - Archosaur on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    The mods can't change the cooldown.

The GMs also cannot change it.

The devs in China -can- change it but likely won't as they same to have a massive hatred for archers.

And suggestions go in the suggestion box. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • XxxTheKIDxxx - Archosaur
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for the reply and this was directed at everyone not just mods/gms so pass it on ;p. I am seriously fed-up with all the long CDs which makes the whole experience not enjoyable. Used to be worse before with bv and awaken. I mean whats the point of working so hard to get a skill and cant use it when you need it. So sort it out guys, let us enjoy the pwi experience. b:victory
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,880 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    I on a main basis dont log skill suggestions unless its for a good reason. Main reason for that is because of inbalance and people asking for skill improvements for the class they play.

In the case of skills their may be a reason for the CD. To get 2 sparks can take some time during a battle unless your using pots anyway.

With the above in mind im not going to Log this.

Thanks.
    edited November 2014
    I am not trying to make one class stronger than others or my won class, infect I have 2 mains and play other classes too. When it comes cd archers have too many and during tw/nw/pk and some fun duels between friends things just doesn't flow compared to say if I was playing a sin. One duel and have to wait a lifetime for everything to finish cd on an archer it takes out the fun. Archer are unbalanced when it comes to dealing with cd and everything requires lots of spark. All I am saying is take a look at others classes then come and play an archer you will realise what I am talking about and I am saying this after a long long time of playing not just few days/ a month. I will be happy if you just played/tried to duel for fun with an archer and saw what I am talking about first hand.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,880 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    I am not trying to make one class stronger than others or my won class, infect I have 2 mains and play other classes too. When it comes cd archers have too many and during tw/nw/pk and some fun duels between friends things just doesn't flow compared to say if I was playing a sin. One duel and have to wait a lifetime for everything to finish cd on an archer it takes out the fun. Archer are unbalanced when it comes to dealing with cd and everything requires lots of spark. All I am saying is take a look at others classes then come and play an archer you will realise what I am talking about and I am saying this after a long long time of playing not just few days/ a month. I will be happy if you just played/tried to duel for fun with an archer and saw what I am talking about first hand.

Im not suggesting you are. Im just giving you the info on the standings to the logs with regards to skill suggestions.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for your reply and I understand. It would have been nice if someone looked into this a bit more, its a genuine case. As for [Frost Splash], I have spoken to other archers some will not even get it, especially sage archers.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    That's because sages have a use for frost arrow so they don't plan to trade a useful skill for one that doesn't do anything for them.

Same thing with demon venos who ignore redstone to keep their Ironwood. And psychics who ignore.... basically all their primal skill merges like archers do. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited November 2014
    Exactly, all archer primal skill sux b:chuckle

Maybe ɸFeather Armageddon is ok but I would rather have 2 close ranged melee skill then one that does exactly the same thing as wing brust

Thefore, to make archers a bit more competitive and fun when it comes to pvp/pk/dule etc something has to be done with all epic cds

or give us something better we can stroke b:chuckle
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for your reply and I understand. It would have been nice if someone looked into this a bit more, its a genuine case. As for [Frost Splash], I have spoken to other archers some will not even get it, especially sage archers.

If sage gets it, they are stupid with no idea wtf they are doing. Even for the demon path the skill has so marginal use I personally cant bother finding Frost Arrow book to learn the skill. I find galvanic aura more useful but I very rarely have the chi/position to use it effectively. I think that pretty much says all what I think of Frost Splash.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
    edited November 2014
    As I am a demon archer its a nice skill for me, i like it tbh, too bad that the long cd (3min) and 2 spark cost make the use of it very limited.

Alos I think it doesnt work fully as it drains most of my mana but its says it cost (135 mana) + sometimes it doesnt fire 5 volleyes as it said.

That is why I kinda requested everyone to have a look at it, hopefully someone will, fingers and legs crossed b:thanks