Pure Axe or All Path BM ?

Options
elearza
elearza Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Blademaster
Hi all ;)

atm im a lvl 80 all path BM.
In the last time i saw more and more Pure Axe BM's in game.

I really like the axe skills but i also like to change them with some nice fists or claws some times.
(Especially when i need some chi)

Is it still a good way to go All Path for Bm`s ? (Pure PVE/planning to go demon )
Or is the pure axe way better these days ?

TY b:bye
Post edited by elearza on

Comments

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Definately all path. You'll do a little less damage that way, but BMs aren't big DPS monsters to begin with. If you focus purely on axes you're only using 25% of the skillsets that a BM has to offer - Glacial Spike and Myriad Sword are -WAY- underutilized imho. I'd go with fists instead of claws - they require a little less dex, and you'll want most of your points into STR.

Plus, fists are neat for autoculti if you want to gain a lil extra XP a day that way.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Pure axe as non-rebirthed to be able to solo PVs easier to reach 100 far faster. All-path might have difficulties in PV95+ due to mobs hitting effin hard there, enough to bypass charm of non-vit. BM.

At 1st RB you can go either depending your preferences.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Going pure axe is like saying you have 2 arms and 2 legs but are going to use only your left leg to do everything. From a stand point of PvE only all path makes even more sense since you can: use multiple debuffs from multiple weapons (HF, GS, MSS), building chi is easier (use of fists), and have more ranged options (Farstrike, Spirit Chaser). There is almost no scenario where pure axe is the best choice for a bm.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    FAQ is still accurate

All path is still bestest path.

Axe only for pve is full on ****** logic.

Vit axe is still an absolute joke outside of r999 tw builds.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    FAQ is still accurate

All path is still bestest path.

Axe only for pve is full on ****** logic.

Vit axe is still an absolute joke outside of r999 tw builds.

Hey look, it's my buddy Josh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Options
    All path is best path.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    All path is best path.

You must follow the path your heart seeks, only you can determine the path you follow my child.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Egamoto - Harshlands
    Egamoto - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Under no circumstances should you have less than 146 Dex at lvl 100! No matter the build PvP or PvE

Dealing a tad lower dmg is something you can live with! Missing landing a critical stun/killing attack on the other hand, is something that will make you wanna chew your mouse!

I spent 50% of my time as an APS bm to be able to farm my axe gear!! The way bosses are today APS wont do you any good at lvl 100!
    There are lots of OP people out there who will need your DG for PvE! Let them worry bout the DD you worry bout your debuffing. This should get you through your basic needs in no time (G16 gear set). BMs are scarse these days too so you wont have a problem finding a squad even if you are a bit undergeared at first.

The good news is that the gear you will need to craft your G16 is also the Aps giving gear for some part! So you will want to go APs on your first playthrough to lvl 100! this will also help you farm the rest of your gear!Bad news is 4 APS wont happen till lvl 99.

Get G16 as soon a possible, it should be really easy if you got time to NW and do warsong at lvl 100

Refine all of your gear to +6 for free with event gold and mirages you have accumulated and then go for your first rebirth as a G16 axe weilding bm. (I recomend if you can get r8 it will make your rebirth breeze through faster)

PvP: Axe + sword and poleblade after you can get their primal skill upgrades that give you 100 chi every 5 secs

Fist only if you are planning on getting r8r interval gear and sweetass refines.

The best advice I saw in comments I think was for you to play/build the bm the way you want to play/build your bm. If it doesnt work for you, you can Rebirth and stat him in a different way next time around, if that doesnt work either you can try it again! if that doesnt pan out either you can save yourself the frustration and try some other class.

Either way

Have fun and keep playing!
  • elearza
    edited November 2014
    Options
    hi all,

first of all sry for my delay, i couldnt play that much so i forgot i made this thread b:surrender

Great to hear i have choosen the right way on builiding up my bm ;)

Atm i'm following the 2Str 3Dex built.

My plan is as mentioned Full G16 past lvl 100.

But above lvl 80 lvling is so slow, it will take a few weeks/months till ill get there b:chuckle

Thank you all for your answers, i will stay on my all path way then ;)
  • ZetsumieX - Raging Tide
    ZetsumieX - Raging Tide Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    elearza wrote: »
    hi all,

Atm i'm following the 2Str 3Dex built.

i hope u ment 3 str 2 dex, not other way around. Also i'd say cap dex at 200 (with gear included aka green) and put extra stats to ViT till u get over 10k HP non buffed
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited November 2014
    Options
    i hope u ment 3 str 2 dex, not other way around. Also i'd say cap dex at 200 (with gear included aka green) and put extra stats to ViT till u get over 10k HP non buffed

Vit was stated back when +5 wasn't the base refine level of gear x.x

With cards/nuema/meridian/free +7 on your interval set from level up rewards and free g10 shards theres litteraly no reason to ever stat vit.
  • elearza
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Oh yeah sry i meant the other way xD

This is what i've planned :

http://pwcalc.com/fc1dc2328daddabd

Is this good or did i something wrong in there ?

Can someone post me an actuell aps built for these days ?

Im not sure how exactly it looks with the heavy armor b:surrender

Tyvm !
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    APS-build with LA-boots+wrists to have better APS-ornaments with possible later r8r-build: http://pwcalc.com/3e3e3abfc852927a

R8r-APS build(far more expensive than previous one): http://pwcalc.com/eb5a3cc73e889c52
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    This is my aps build, this aps build allows you to farm things with just regular pots. No need to get charms, crab meat. if you refine to +7.

http://pwcalc.com/92d3b53dfc8c3236

Getting -int on r8r shoes = way too expensive. It is far cheaper to get -intx2 on a weapon compared to getting a single -int on shoes.

Sage hp barb buff puts you at 14k.

I would recommend, roll your shoes 1~4 times and see if you get lucky and get -int on your shoes. Weapon i would recommend enough badges to try 20~30 times. Getting double or triple int on weapon = farming time. Getting -int on shoes = farming+money cost.

The -int tome might be costly, just go for a pan gu.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Go all fist.

And not that sissy claw/fist weapons thing, I mean be a real man; unequip all weapons and only use your fists! Back in the day, they didn't have blacksmiths; they had to pound weapons into shape using the skulls of their enemies.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Go all fist.

And not that sissy claw/fist weapons thing, I mean be a real man; unequip all weapons and only use your fists! Back in the day, they didn't have blacksmiths; they had to pound weapons into shape using the skulls of their enemies.

Mongol General: What is best in life?

Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.