Derjan's dino

Options
Fail_BM - Raging Tide
Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Venomancer
Hi there, I have been camping Derjan for 3 days now, I log in every few hours to check it is there. But last 2 days someone have been botting pretty close to one of the spawn points, anyone mind telling me if he is able to kill the Derjan?

Here is an image of where he has been botting:

2014-11-1303-01-37.png

It is the small area between these flowers, he doesn't move a lot and doesn't kill more than 4 targets.
Post edited by Fail_BM - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    It's hard to see on the picture exactly where that is inside derjans rest (as you hided the coords too hehe)
    Anyways, there is 3 different spawn points for the dino, the dino will spawn in one of the points. You can see the coords here and check the map picture. However I'm not sure how far away the dino goes from its spawn point.

He may be able to kill it, but it's depended on which of the coords it spawn in. I had the same issue for my alt veno on my server with an archer botting in the area, she was botting in quite a bigger area though. But I got it now after checking almost once every day for a few weeks.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • Rixoth - Archosaur
    Rixoth - Archosaur Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    People bot there? O_o I'd imagine with those two morai bosses in Derjan's Rest, it wouldn't be an ideal place to bot. But yeah. If someone is botting there, chances are it's being killed by them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bezdna - Dreamweaver
    Bezdna - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Out of the times I've seen him, two out of three, the dino spawned at the bottom, inside the skull. I don't remember if he moves or not, but I suspect he might actually step inside the bone and become invisible that way.

I also know people who do deity's quest kill him for some absurd reason :/
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    edited November 2014
    Options
    It's hard to see on the picture exactly where that is inside derjans rest (as you hided the coords too hehe)
    Anyways, there is 3 different spawn points for the dino, the dino will spawn in one of the points. You can see the coords here and check the map picture. However I'm not sure how far away the dino goes from its spawn point.

He may be able to kill it, but it's depended on which of the coords it spawn in. I had the same issue for my alt veno on my server with an archer botting in the area, she was botting in quite a bigger area though. But I got it now after checking almost once every day for a few weeks.

Here: http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h116/INMORTALCRY/2014-11-1302-59-10.png

The purple dot on the map is one of the spots where he can spawn.
    Out of the times I've seen him, two out of three, the dino spawned at the bottom, inside the skull. I don't remember if he moves or not, but I suspect he might actually step inside the bone and become invisible that way.

I also know people who do deity's quest kill him for some absurd reason :/

Looking for the last person who tamed/killing him today, someone told me a mystic killed him for kicks, then said it in faction chat...
  • mayrose
    mayrose Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    hi have u had any luck tame him l got him a few day back he showed up right next to 1 of them big boss right after reset if not gl b:victory
  • ErisedDeSang - Sanctuary
    ErisedDeSang - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    It took me a long time before I was able to tame him...I accidently killed the first one (got a lot stronger in the time I was there last, sadly/ I could have cried) took me three weeks to see him again. I would say according to where the botter is and the spawn point, its a possibility the botter could kill it however I wouldn't even bother trying to talk to them about moving a few feet away as most of the time the botters in this area seem to think we can tame any of those dinos or dont care one way or the other. I ran the whole length of the area several times. It seems to spawn better further down though. That's where I've seen it most. Happy hunting and good luck!
  • nestorulloa
    nestorulloa Posts: 19
    edited November 2014
    Options
    it is hell to tame , i had to hunt him from weeks, one day when i was about to leave he spawned right on my face, im no sure how he moves but yeah thats one of the spawns points wich means the bot can kill it, try luring it away with low level cheap DQ items and coin b:laugh
  • Thoolan - Archosaur
    Thoolan - Archosaur Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    something like two days ago i was killing there bosses for my alt... and to my surprise there was derjan's dino with all his cat moves b:pleased so now i'm kinda happy because i have 2 derjan's (evolved and original form)... and happines is even bigger because at one of spawn spots was botting archer b:angry...
    mad veno fox mode f:fume
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    If someone bots there, just drag those 2 morai bosses onto them. Easy enough to do - just hit one of them bosses periodically with a debuff and it'll follow you like stray puppy - once the botter is close to the dragged boss, it'll attack it, and immediately draw aggro. Especially ranged botters tend to fall quickly against pure melee bosses.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • morenawolf
    morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    If someone bots there, just drag those 2 morai bosses onto them. Easy enough to do - just hit one of them bosses periodically with a debuff and it'll follow you like stray puppy - once the botter is close to the dragged boss, it'll attack it, and immediately draw aggro. Especially ranged botters tend to fall quickly against pure melee bosses.

Your evilness touch my heart. <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Tempestosa - Stormbringer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • Thoolan - Archosaur
    Thoolan - Archosaur Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options

well it's not that i was trying it... at least on that bosses b:avoid
    but it's kinda hard to kill botting rrr9 archer b:lipcurl
    mad veno fox mode f:fume
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    People bot there? O_o I'd imagine with those two morai bosses in Derjan's Rest, it wouldn't be an ideal place to bot. But yeah. If someone is botting there, chances are it's being killed by them.

What a great idea. Lure the bosses to the bot. Let it get killed b:laugh
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    edited November 2014
    Options

He was a r9rr +10 psy, can faceroll the boss in matter of seconds.

Today I was waiting for the servers to come back online after maintenance, but I fell sleep for 1 hour, the dino wasn't there when I logged in. Does he respawn right after maintenance?
  • Highestelf - Heavens Tear
    Highestelf - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    morenawolf wrote: »
    Your evilness touch my heart. <3

I know your joking, but in IMHO there is nothing evil about it. Some botters are complete *****!

I helped a cleric on one of her RA quests last night, she needed mobs in Primal that spawn in two small areas. The areas are so small that just one player can easily clear in seconds. I kid you not, there were three botters on one group, four on the other AND there were many alts hovering in the air. The botters were AOE one-shotting mobs and they were killed as fast as they spawned. That quest WAS solo-able at one time, last nite it would have been impossible for the cleric to complete, without high level help!

I'm NOT opposed to botting, but I can't believe PWI CAN NOT restrict botting to NON-quest mobs. The lack of foresight in game design is a recipe for self destruction! Most bots I see are players that have already achieved most of their end game gear (in some cases ALL gear), yet they bot in areas where they deny or severely interfere with lower level and lower geared players ability to complete their solo-able quests!

Games are intended to be for pleasure, yet the ignorant lack of compassion in many people change the dynamics in the game. What do I mean by lack of compassion? Most people I associate with, in game, COULD NOT allow themselves to do anything that unfairly interferes with others. Then there are those that simply don't give a **** for others. Like the players that run in and one shot a mob round up, being done by a weaker player. Then they attempt to publicly humiliate the weaker player, when the weaker player calls them out, for their ignorant action(s).

How does this prove they are ignorant *****? Think about it, MOST of these people (that I see) were able to complete THEIR lower level challenges BEFORE there was RA or botting. Most of these players were weak-*** noobs and cried for help, before they acquired their end game status. NOW, they are cold-hearted, selfish, inconsiderate, ruthless, gutless, pushy, insulting, condescending, disrespectful players.

For the record, there are "some" high level players that bot regularly, BUT do so in an area where they have absolutely no impact on others. -snip- (for example) is a veno (on HT server) that could easily bot anywhere he pleases with no fear of boss aggro etc., yet his regular botting location is an area no one needs to enter for quests mobs! Is that a sign of respect, for NOT interfering with the game play of others? I can't say for sure, but I do know he has proven to be kind and helpful in the past. If someone else has had a different experience, I presume THEY did something to elicit a contradictory opinion of him. IMHO, what this indicates is that SOME people DO prefer to enjoy game play with a sense of honor and dignity, despite being capable of plowing others under! It's a personal choice, that is why it is so sad and frustrating to see so many choose the other path.
  • mumish
    mumish Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    first of all good luck getting him b:victory

well i tried to get him like a month im a lazy player i even time to time i dont log in for 3 days straight. so it seemed like i would never get him.

best way to get him is, i told every single of my friends that i was trying and while doing morai quest i passed through the nest everyday its a good route since jintao also passes through it.so, like that i never lost any time but checked him every day. and one day one of my friends pmed me, i went there right at that time and tamed him. named him, my friend's name and we all happy :P

also on harshlands, whenever i see him now, i wc so some veno can run there and tame him. i squad the veno that pms me, and wait next to him till the veno comes making sure nobody comes and kills him.

he was so poppular back in time, but nowadays nobody looks at his face. what i think is, hes the best free ground pet on the game atm. but if u have a legendary pet, and if they are evolved ofc he cant compete with them, but still hes a good ideal pet.b:cute
  • morenawolf
    morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Games are intended to be for pleasure, yet the ignorant lack of compassion in many people change the dynamics in the game. What do I mean by lack of compassion? Most people I associate with, in game, COULD NOT allow themselves to do anything that unfairly interferes with others. Then there are those that simply don't give a **** for others. Like the players that run in and one shot a mob round up, being done by a weaker player. Then they attempt to publicly humiliate the weaker player, when the weaker player calls them out, for their ignorant action(s).

How does this prove they are ignorant *****? Think about it, MOST of these people (that I see) were able to complete THEIR lower level challenges BEFORE there was RA or botting. Most of these players were weak-*** noobs and cried for help, before they acquired their end game status. NOW, they are cold-hearted, selfish, inconsiderate, ruthless, gutless, pushy, insulting, condescending, disrespectful players.

Oh my Pangu. This should be the starting message when someone create a new account on any MMORPG.

As Oscar Wilde said... “Give a man a mask and he’ll tell you the truth.” This is even worst if that mask allow weak people to feel themself strong and cool in a virtual world. We could write a entire psichology essay about this, but we would go too much off topic.

Anyway yes, botting can be really annoying when it comes to rare pet taming. They're already hard to get because many people comes from different time zones and it's tricky for them to hunt, then bots comes and make a mess with spawning times. And should we talk about bots in Morai that kill all those mobs you need to kill in one hour? Grrr...

mumish wrote: »

also on harshlands, whenever i see him now, i wc so some veno can run there and tame him. i squad the veno that pms me, and wait next to him till the veno comes making sure nobody comes and kills him.

he was so poppular back in time, but nowadays nobody looks at his face. what i think is, hes the best free ground pet on the game atm. but if u have a legendary pet, and if they are evolved ofc he cant compete with them, but still hes a good ideal pet.b:cute

How cute you are! :) Yes, the Dino is still a wonderful pet, mine have Claw skill and Radical mood and it's deadly. He can even survive to kamikaze mobs in Warsong pavillions and he helps me a lot to solo them, it deal a little less than my dmg. He's not so popular anymore because people who reach endgame rather to get legendary pets nowdays, expecially if they're not casual players. But he's still the best option if you want to focus on farm for your gears instead for pets. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Tempestosa - Stormbringer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • mumish
    mumish Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    morenawolf wrote: »

As Oscar Wilde said... “Give a man a mask and he’ll tell you the truth.” This is even worst if that mask allow weak people to feel themself strong and cool in a virtual world. We could write a entire psichology essay about this, but we would go too much off topic.

[/COLOR]

wow this is exactly what is going on on most mmos nowadays. capitalism creates losers. to be honest, time to time i look in mirror and feel like im a loser eventhough having a nice job that allows me stand for my own. but still IRL they make you feel like u are worthless.

but when i come online, i am this nice, just a bit over-average person that has many friendships and people that love. playing pwi keeps me in peace just for that reason.

then.. there are these people mentioned. makes me time to time even question why the hell im on pwi. then i go help some more people gain power and get more hurt by same ones in the end.

what is a question about general humanity is also a question for community. so yea, its bad and theres nothing you can do about it. its just the moments of sharing joy and nothing else.

by the way, ty for nice comments about me in ur post b:cute