What's with all the "new player"/"returning player"/"is the game over" threads lately

Burnificator - Archosaur
Burnificator - Archosaur Posts: 170 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion
I have noticed that there are a lot of this certain kind of thread appearing for the last month or so I guess, maybe 3 months. They all seem to be based on the same template:

1) It's either a "new player" or someone who "just returned to the game".

2) Points out certain latest additions (especially botting, earning time and FC change).

3) Seems to practically "fish" for a certain response (other players complaining about the changes).

4) Suspiciously specific (does every single returning/new player notice these changes right away?

5) A bit too ignorant, especially for returning players, but a bit too knowledgeable, especially for new players.

Could it be that one person or a small group that are displeased with these changes uses a lot of alts to try and make some sort of a statement?

As in, "hey, look, players don't wanna return anymore, new players are scared off now BRING BACK FC QQQQQQQQ!!!!111".

Has anyone else had similar thoughs or am I just a bit paranoid?

That is to say, I was a bit annoyed when they announced the FC change, mostly because of the timing - I had a sin alt at level 93 with a big part of the APS set already in his bank so I was hoping to already try it all out the next month or so. Sometime later I realized that given my FC usage I didn't miss out on that much EXP after all. He is level 96 now, and that with me only logging my chars to Check-In every day since September (I've had a family increase b:laugh).

As for the other stuff, my wife has farmed quite a lot of TT during 2x and never ran out of earning time so I don't really care much, either. As you can see, I have no own personal edge or agenda in this, but I feel that someone has and is trying to flood the forums b:surrender.

Oh, and the question mark in the title is missing because I somehow JUST hit the length limit.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizards - the only pyromaniac class.
Post edited by Burnificator - Archosaur on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just another day of General Discussion.
    I wouldnt be surprised if it is in fact alts though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Do we really need conspiracy theorists here too? b:surrender
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2014
    Do we really need conspiracy theorists here too? b:surrender

Why not? We've got everything else. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    because there is nothing else to talk about. the content has been soloable at best, or rather unspectacular. nothing new to farm and what their is to farm is overly simplistic and grindy. gear outpaces PVE content so much all you need to do is drop random fingers all over keyboard to beat stuff.

no new hacks, fcc convo is beat to eath, DQ convo is beat to death, no info coming about new content anymore.

game is not dead just REAAALLLLLYYYYY boring.
  • Kurosuke - Heavens Tear
    Kurosuke - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I just made an "i'm back" post today, but I'm definitely not part of some conspiracy. I'm so out of it the first thing I asked was "did they fix Veno+Nix or do they still 1-shot everyone?" (never got an answer... did they?)
    botting, earning time and FC change

They allow botting now??? Wow. What's earning time and "FC change"? Heh, maybe I better go post in the "I'm a noob" forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I just made an "i'm back" post today, but I'm definitely not part of some conspiracy. I'm so out of it the first thing I asked was "did they fix Veno+Nix or do they still 1-shot everyone?" (never got an answer... did they?)

They allow botting now??? Wow. What's earning time and "FC change"? Heh, maybe I better go post in the "I'm a noob" forum.

1) Technically 3rd party botting is still not allowed. What they are referring to is the in-game bot dubbed "cultivating" that came with in with a patch. This is the China version attempting to deter their long on going bot problem. Something our version was not in need of, but we got it anyway.

2) Earning time is not something I'm very familiar with myself because I don't pay attention to it, but I think it's what, 8 hours a day in certain zones that this is active in for exp, coin, and drops? There is a thread on this somewhere.

Edit: Ok here found a quote.
    Earning Control is to limit botting. Once it counts down to 0 you get no drops, exp or spirit for killing mobs. Depending on your toon's kill rate, you should get 6-8 hours of actual mob combat time, so it shouldn't effect regular grinding game play or questing.

3) Hypers finally got booted out of FC. The FC we now have is the same as China's version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • mysticalconumdrm
    mysticalconumdrm Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i was wondering the same thing...there are 2 posts from zuzanny saying as such...
    but the join date is Jun 2011...
    .so...you've been on vacation since jun 2011??
    1. that is the "where is everybody....the game is dying" post..
    2. then there is the ever popular....boo hoo....the economy is broken
    wish it was like in the 70's when gas was 50 cents per gallon
    3. and dont forget the wildly popular..its the cashshoppers fault
    i cant get rrrcd+4 with a +123 weapon for end game so i can 1 shot everyone...
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2014
    i was wondering the same thing...there are 2 posts from zuzanny saying as such...
    but the join date is Jun 2011...
    .so...you've been on vacation since jun 2011??
    1. that is the "where is everybody....the game is dying" post..
    2. then there is the ever popular....boo hoo....the economy is broken
    wish it was like in the 70's when gas was 50 cents per gallon
    3. and dont forget the wildly popular..its the cashshoppers fault
    i cant get rrrcd+4 with a +123 weapon for end game so i can 1 shot everyone...

"Join date" only refers to the first time you posted in the forum. Just FYI

For example, I've been playing since Oct 2008, and have had this toon since at least Nov 2008.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    because there is nothing else to talk about. the content has been soloable at best, or rather unspectacular. nothing new to farm and what their is to farm is overly simplistic and grindy. gear outpaces PVE content so much all you need to do is drop random fingers all over keyboard to beat stuff.

no new hacks, fcc convo is beat to eath, DQ convo is beat to death, no info coming about new content anymore.

game is not dead just REAAALLLLLYYYYY boring.

This is basically it until something happens later.
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Krisnda wrote: »
    This is basically it until something happens later.

basically. it would be nice to have something like the new random dungeons mixed with TT. multi-tiered, multi-run, hard to solo. but that would be asking for too much. just about 99% of the farming is catshop-enabled these days.b:sad
  • Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yup I can see and notice those ppl ... making threads about how the game is going to die soon, WANTING THE GAME TO DIE . But I can just send them 1 simple msg " GTFO and if the game is being inconvenience to u LEAVE IT and spare us".

I'm not going to defend the game, or mention "again" how to solve few things so the game would become less boring . If anybody in PWI cares they can check other threads where I did .
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yup I can see and notice those ppl ... making threads about how the game is going to die soon, WANTING THE GAME TO DIE . But I can just send them 1 simple msg " GTFO and if the game is being inconvenience to u LEAVE IT and spare us".

I'm not going to defend the game, or mention "again" how to solve few things so the game would become less boring . If anybody in PWI cares they can check other threads where I did .

Yea, it is very nice advice.

If this game is boring, depressing, more marketing business than game itself, if it capable to occupy not only your time, but computer too for 24 hours per 1 whole day/night, then ... is it worth it ?

Look around. If you want to talk to people, then talk to them, if you want to play in RPG, then you can play.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I regularly joke on the fact players QQ a lot in this game (when they don't brag, get perverted or are plainly stupid in a regular manner). I then nicknamed the game "Perfect QQ International" for such cases.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's just so hilarious that people can't think others do not like the changes. I know someone who just came back a couple days ago who is asking all of these questions. They don't like earning time or the change to FC. I just walked them through awakening a bit. While they didn't ask about the game dying, they did ask much of the other things. Stuff is new, they ask about it.

First all the votes on the polls are from alts, now all the threads. b:shutup Paranoid much?

ETA: probably a good thing I'm helping them out and they didn't come to forums. Would be just another scapegoat.
  • pruttkudde
    pruttkudde Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's just so hilarious that people can't think others do not like the changes. I know someone who just came back a couple days ago who is asking all of these questions. They don't like earning time or the change to FC. I just walked them through awakening a bit. While they didn't ask about the game dying, they did ask much of the other things. Stuff is new, they ask about it.

First all the votes on the polls are from alts, now all the threads. b:shutup Paranoid much?

ETA: probably a good thing I'm helping them out and they didn't come to forums. Would be just another scapegoat.

It's not like earning time actually does anything.

Once, I did BH89, BH79, TT3-1, Morai dailies and a bunch of other quests including the Morai quest chain where the bosses have over 1 million HP and I had used up 20 minutes on it. I don't understand how people find it limiting.That was over 2 hours and I still had 7 hours and 40 minutes left.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited November 2014
    pruttkudde wrote: »

Once, I did BH89, BH79, TT3-1, Morai dailies and a bunch of other quests including the Morai quest chain where the bosses have over 1 million HP and I had used up 20 minutes on it. I don't understand how people find it limiting.That was over 2 hours and I still had 7 hours and 40 minutes left.

Limits:
    1. Quests are limited by level range.
    For example: Morai quests are not for all levels.
    Except bh79 I had not found any interesting quest at my level range.
    2. Some classes are limited by dps (damage per second), which they can cause in pve situations.
    3. Some players are limited by their cash (coins and gold).
    To play at high levels players need top level expensive gear and top level expensive skills, which cost dozens and hundreds millions coins or gold.
    4.Some squads are limited for top level, top gear characters.
    5. Some events are limited for pvp only (example:Nation Wars).
    6. Some classes are limited in their defense (for example, arcan classes have low physical defense without expensive high refined ornaments)

And I don't say, that all above are related to quoted by me post, but this game is full of limits for player.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And I don't say, that all above are related to quoted by me post, but this game is full of limits for player.

Everything in life has limits.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited November 2014
    Everything in life has limits.

Is there any limit of space?
    (Boundless Universe)
    Is in this game limit of spirit and experience, which can be dumped in genies ?
    Is in this game any limit of cash, which can be lost during random refining or reroll process ?
  • mysticalconumdrm
    edited November 2014
    and here i thought this thread was about new people/returning players/game is over...
    but as usual people have turned it into a
    "this is wrong...that is wrong" "whoa is me...there are sooo many limits"
    bitchin' thread about PWI...again
  • deathbytuna
    deathbytuna Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    WTB a MMO to where everything is customizable.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2014
    pruttkudde wrote: »

THAT IS ****ING FANTASTIC! Now go be a r8 archer just back to the game after over 2 years and run some ****ing warsongs. Each ws depending on the squad is a minimum of 45 mins per full run. In TT WS AND LUNAR every minute you are moving, you are burning earning time. This doesn't happen in Morai or open map. This player also needs to run either TT or lunar for nirvana just to get g16 as well. So let's look again.. They reawakened, need to spend time lvling.. Then around lvl 80 they can start doing some ws runs and tt or lunar.. what have you. Earning time is bull shat. You should not be limited in your ability to farm your gears.

I have said it before and I will say it again. Once DQ is completely nerfd to 2 coin, they need to remove earning time... PERIOD. You dumb ***** are all saying earning time is because of bots, it' not. It's mandatory because of Chinese fatigue system law, being our game originates from there. This is why EARNING TIME INCLUDES EXP GAINS. That earning time made it's way here in a patch but should be removed in its entirety after DQ nf.

I can also see you are one of the "dailies players". You don't do much, just dailies...
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    THAT IS ****ING FANTASTIC! Now go be a r8 archer just back to the game after over 2 years and run some ****ing warsongs. Each ws depending on the squad is a minimum of 45 mins per full run. In TT WS AND LUNAR every minute you are moving, you are burning earning time. This doesn't happen in Morai or open map. This player also needs to run either TT or lunar for nirvana just to get g16 as well. So let's look again.. They reawakened, need to spend time lvling.. Then around lvl 80 they can start doing some ws runs and tt or lunar.. what have you. Earning time is bull shat. You should not be limited in your ability to farm your gears.

I have said it before and I will say it again. Once DQ is completely nerfd to 2 coin, they need to remove earning time... PERIOD. You dumb ***** are all saying earning time is because of bots, it' not. It's mandatory because of Chinese fatigue system law, being our game originates from there. This is why EARNING TIME INCLUDES EXP GAINS. That earning time made it's way here in a patch but should be removed in its entirety after DQ nf.

I can also see you are one of the "dailies players". You don't do much, just dailies...

Or they can run the instances and quests with others who know what the hell they are doing.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2014
    Or they can run the instances and quests with others who know what the hell they are doing.

What does that have to do with anything I said? b:laugh Are you saying you have some magical insight on how to make pavs not take 15 mins or so? Let's not assume every WS is OP and can complete all bosses after pavs within 10 mins. Let's face some people are done with that instance and not returning. It leaves you with average players or players not yet full r9rr. Let's not also pretend that it doesn't also take a **** ton of runs just for badges, and heaven forbid you want to roll for good stats and 4 sockets... Please do share this valuable information with the rest of the community. Farming takes time, no way around it. You can't cash shop badges and molds.

And yes OFC every new returning player has a plethora of friends who are willing to run that **** instance a million times.
  • mysticalconumdrm
    edited November 2014
    [/QUOTE Earning time is bull shat. You should not be limited in your ability to farm your gears.

[/QUOTE]

first of all the only dumb *** around is you...earning time is here to stay....botting is gone...get over it or leave...dont need your BS whining,crying about something that is not going away and again changing a thread to a moaning and complaing about botting....or earning time or
    whatever