wen is there going to be a sin friendly instance to lvl up in?

Options
2»

Comments

• DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Man the sin hate/ignorance is so thick in this thread i can slice it with a knife.
    Can you use bp ? Yes
    Have you ever tried to do pv with another arcane/LA class ? I assume you haven't

Talking about toons with same gears as your sin, could you explain why PV would be easier on archers, psychics or venos for example ? Surprise me !

I'll assume you haven't. You post on sin threads quite a bit, but I feel you don't actually know the class well.

For one, casters can get purify/infinite procs on weps. They are incredibly powerful in PV. DOn't believe me? Go out and try it for yourself. Also the caster classes you mentioned have specific spells to defend them against physical attacks. Psy's also have voodoo's. While sins get BP, spark, subsea, and earthen rift are all interruptable, in addition to the fact you can not stop taking damage on a sin without the use of apo or AD. The casters you mentioned have these spells built it.

A lower geared sin without a zerk wep will not do nearly as well as these in similar gear. Ofcourse it isn't as hard he makes it out to be either.
    Assassins had a pretty significant advantage in FCC over other classes for quite some time. Other classes couldn't solo FCC as efficiently/effectively as them. Was that fair for every other classes during that time period?

No instance is intended for a particular class ('cept Lycaeum for evolving pets) so asking an assassin-specific instance is quite silly :P
    I'm not against improving the leveling options though.

Advantage in FCC? Depends.. Anyone worth their salt can handle the mobs in FCC without issue, and stealth actually slows run time down.

As for efficientcy/effctiveness. You have a point, but that has more to do with APS, and the fact of sins being a DD class. Is it fair that clerics can sleep you for 40 secs straight? Is it fair that barbs get over 50% more HP/def from going vit? Is it fair that sins have the lowest attack of all the classes in PWI? No. The fact is the other APS using classes could do it in a similar fashion, and similar speed. Your issue is with APS, not assassins per say.

I do agree that it is a bit silly to ask for an assassin specific instance.
    Well i just partly read threw the topic so might have missed some replies.

I am gonna start with pv. My first pv run with the low refined aps set took me 30 min but i somehow manged to do it. So just practice what u can do.

In my opinion with the aps set refined to +5-7 with +10 weap 2x RA and passives u could get 1-3 pv runs at ease. Just the thing is practice.

Someone mention aa classes having it harder in pv than the sinns cause of less pdef. I have to disagree with that cause most aa classes have extra bonuses to pdef (like the wizz mentioned got earth shield if i am not wrong, not sure how exacly arcane def will work in pv too), mystics got pdef self buff clerics got plume shell and little extra pdef buff, psys have def voodo, etc.

Casters are now matching and beating sins on Pdef with similar refines and gear. His point was outdated.

What i whould advice here for lvling is doing ur daily primorial quests, they give a good bit of exp, botting, aeu, convoy quest in primal can give as much exp as 1 pv run sometimes

Someone aslo asked why to stealth threw pv. Reason seems quite obvious to me, since boss and frogs gives best exp from that instance.

Id say frogs+mobs. The frogs are meh compared to the mobs though.

Aslo to the advices for soloing pv, there were many of them, ima repeat a few: shroud pills help, apoth help, getingn full buffs (barb bm cleric and faction base pdef buff, corona rune that increases attack/seeker def buff )helps, swiching blessings during pulling/killing helps, bramble helps hold mobs on u, maze steps helps not geting stuned, focus mind helps take less dmg, CoD helps deal more dmg, subsea + TM at start of aoe helps too. So try ur class and get best of it.

and yah it was always like this with seekers and pv, they have great pdef(and def lvls) and continous aoe with bp so they are best aoe DD in game if u ask me. On the other hand sins compeared to seeker can do not that much(just 3 aoes, and for one u gotta get in right position. the only advantage is sparking before aoes and CoD for the dmg)

I am personaly against removing hypers in FC cause in fc at about lvls 70-80-90s i learned:
    -puling
    -aoeing
    -debuffing
    -what does squad need me for(high dps>fast boss kill)
    -that hf and subsea/ep and pdash should go after spark(some bms still just rushes in to boss and hfs before ppl even gets there, not to mention about sparking)
    -teamwork(only with good teamwork the non ra fc squad lvl 70-80 could pull it off)
    -and it was very good instance to prepare before lvl 100
    but ya what's done it's done, no one goes to fc now.

But the question in the topic seems reasonable to me if i look at it this way:

1. at Nirvana times majority of sins gets good aps gear to farm vana and use same gear to pk (double spark from stealth could kill most of the targets in few sec)

Or those sins were cashed alts that were rarely played outside of farming and PK. As a majority of sins are.

2. ppl started qq-ing about sins being anoying, overpowered etc. So from that time sin class wasn't geting too much benefits, pwi tried to create thing that wipp stop aps being so op(not puting them in correct order but all at once):
    -higher def gear with purify spell which gave the casters insta puri from a sin and way to run away
    -anti-aps pot
    -5% aps nerf at high aps
    -more def increase with the primal passives and more skill dmg upgreades with primal skills aslo
    -(next expansion should compleatly make aps useless in pvp if rumors are true)

Debatable. I think seekers have a lot to do with this as well.

3. with the new primal skills pwi did very smart thing which is giving us dph skill that hit similar to aps(yay for the puri spell, we will activte it more often) and instead of giving the non-avoidable stun to us, tey gave it just to bms and barbs (feels discriminated, elimination should have the 3 sec of that stun instead of mere imobilize). So now sins are quite useless against the good gear caster carrying flag in nw (all we can basicly do is stun lock them till someone come or try to bow purge them hoping puri spell will not activate). Yah some of u will say that endgame diety sin whould be capable of killing that caster, but i think it whould be a long fight and caster will focus rather on carrying the flag.

Purge also purges purify. GG.

As for elimination. The skill doesn't even deserve as immobilize, and paralyze would make it beyond broken.

aslo for all the ppl saying to adjust and go dph and forget aps and such:

1. sin is the only class that carry 2 sets of gear: (aps and dph)
    Wrong. Archers, barbs, and bm's tend to also carry aps gear. And casters tend to have a channeling set.
    2. i srsly wanna see how will u farm with ur dph gear only (even tho most ways of farming gets closed by pwi, good that TT isn't still closed). i just rly wanna see how it feels killing boss many times longer cause of lack of continus sparking/debuffs (cause even if u say dph has almost same dps as aps u can't debuff as often with continus sparking)
    This is false. I actually debuff less when using APS because of the fear I might need emergency CD's. When you have DPH gears you can take more risk, and use more debuffs, like frenzy.
    3. i am aslo wondering why most dph sins have trouble killing high hp barbs ? with aps it was preety easy, stun lock + massive amount of dps dmg did the job but now ? ic more and mroe ppl haveing trouble with that.
    Have you actually fought a 40+k hp barb as a sin? APS would make them laugh at you, then they would 1 shot you if blood rush was active. People are used to sin locks by now, and considering they arent close to perfect, a barb can easily just turtle it out and break the lock with genie or apo.
    4. yes there are isntances (more and more of them) when using aps is quite useless most of the time like fsp. So what ? u can just put the CoD on and if u have life hunter u still do good dmg to bosses. If i can do more dmg with +11 nirvy s3 dager(i use r8r aps set) with life hunter than +10 r9s3 dager sins without life hunter it either means that something is wrong with me, the other sin(very posible since ppl still don't know how to use CoD and atack with skills - not all of them ofc but many) or just LH is too OP for dph(with debuffs can do like beetween 100-200k dmg with life hunter, my record was sth about(all the debuffs) 360k i think - check out i have no zerk crits) b:shocked
    My lifehunter hits 2x as hard as yours with +10 r9.3. It's the lifehunter.
    So the conclusion is yea DPH is best for pk(and some instances) with sins cause of more defence and more attt/def lvls and it was like this since i started playing sin (think 4 years now), but don't say aps is useless.
    Strawman. No one said it's useless, they said ditch it for PV, where its very inefficient.

oh btw. one more thing. i wanna see all those ppl saying yay no hypers in fc, less nobbs in game etc. if we get like 2 more reawekings or something liek that b:laughb:laugh
    since u could lvl with FC in like 1 day if u were rly desperete to do it, now it will take u few days if u are desperete, about 1-2 weeks for non deseperate ppl and from 2 weeks to even over a month or longer for the rest

and sry for my english, it's not my first language and i haven't written sth that long in a bit :)

Just my 2 cents on things. I uderstand that people may not agree, but I'm sure I know the class i play adequatly well. PV is hard on sins dur to the lack of passive protection buffs, and the fact all of our spells can be interrupted. However this can be bypassed easily with use of APO and AD. And if you still can't do it. Suck it up and get a duo partner FFS. FC is pointless after 101 anyway. You can get faster EXP in AEU at that point.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options

I'll assume you haven't. You post on sin threads quite a bit, but I feel you don't actually know the class well.

For one, casters can get purify/infinite procs on weps. They are incredibly powerful in PV. DOn't believe me? Go out and try it for yourself. Also the caster classes you mentioned have specific spells to defend them against physical attacks. Psy's also have voodoo's. While sins get BP, spark, subsea, and earthen rift are all interruptable, in addition to the fact you can not stop taking damage on a sin without the use of apo or AD. The casters you mentioned have these spells built it.

A lower geared sin without a zerk wep will not do nearly as well as these in similar gear. Ofcourse it isn't as hard he makes it out to be either.

With all due respect, you didn't read my post correctly b:surrender. First of all we're obviously talking about toons with no R9 weapon. OP doesn't have R9 weapon (otherwise he wouldn't fail at PV since I manage to do it with mine with G16+7 weapon and crappy armor).
    Second thing is that I never claimed it was easy for a sin with G16+5 gears (you obviously won't do it fast in 2-3 big pulls). The fact is that OP talks as if sin is the worst class for pv. I continue thinking that a G16+5 sin will have less difficulty than a G16+5 psy/veno for who it's almost impossible to complete a run without staying there for 30minutes...
    You're true saying that sins is not a class that I master and that's not even one I really like to play. And I know the psychic class even less (my psy is not 80 yet while I have a 103-102-102 sin that I play regularly). Still I think I know the game enough to know pv is easier (which doesn't mean easy) on a sin with G16+5 than on a psy with G16+5. But I like learning new things or to be corrected if I say wrong things, so I would be glad if you can prove me that I'm wrong. Just don't change the context by talking about purify or things like that b:thanks.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
    edited November 2014
    Options
    With all due respect, you didn't read my post correctly b:surrender. First of all we're obviously talking about toons with no R9 weapon. OP doesn't have R9 weapon (otherwise he wouldn't fail at PV since I manage to do it with mine with G16+7 weapon and crappy armor).
    Second thing is that I never claimed it was easy for a sin with G16+5 gears (you obviously won't do it fast in 2-3 big pulls). The fact is that OP talks as if sin is the worst class for pv. I continue thinking that a G16+5 sin will have less difficulty than a G16+5 psy/veno for who it's almost impossible to complete a run without staying there for 30minutes...
    You're true saying that sins is not a class that I master and that's not even one I really like to play. And I know the psychic class even less (my psy is not 80 yet while I have a 103-102-102 sin that I play regularly). Still I think I know the game enough to know pv is easier (which doesn't mean easy) on a sin with G16+5 than on a psy with G16+5. But I like learning new things or to be corrected if I say wrong things, so I would be glad if you can prove me that I'm wrong. Just don't change the context by talking about purify or things like that b:thanks.

I read the post perfectly fine and it seems you don't know much about caster wep proc availability. You missed my whole point. You don't need r9 to get purify on a wep.

TW reward weps can contain purify or infinate, so can r8r weps (with a 14.95% chance of puri). Even though its half the proc rate of the r9 wep, in an instance like PV, that makes little difference.

As for sins vs psy's. Ill say this. IF the sin pulls 40 mobs and the psy also pulls 40 mobs. Without the use of apo, the psy can get immunity and prevent their spells from being interupted. A sin can not. And because of that, a sin without zerk, and without uber gear, has to slow it down even more than a caster, due to the lack of any inbuilt defensive skill.

If AD and IG/APO are both used up, the psy can still rely on Voodoo and Phy immunity. Not to mention an aoe stun. Also psy's hit harder than sins, 2x as hard, without zerk. That's why i keep mentioning it. A sin without zerk is at a weaker advantage, than a sin with. You pull too much? You die. You don't have an immunity, and no passive def boost to keep you alive. Ofc that also boils down to knowing your limits, but sins are just less forgiving in aoe situations without zerk. I play a psy and a sin. And my psy had a much easier time in PV (pre-100 since my sin went r9 as soon as he was 101.) due to skills like Psy's Will, White VooDoo, Glacial Shards, and Earth vector.

I agree, the OP exaggerated sins being the 'worst' class for PV. Sins are unforgiving in PV, but we are not the worst.
  • Selbronne - Heavens Tear
    Selbronne - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Still I think I know the game enough to know pv is easier (which doesn't mean easy) on a sin with G16+5 than on a psy with G16+5. But I like learning new things or to be corrected if I say wrong things, so I would be glad if you can prove me that I'm wrong. Just don't change the context by talking about purify or things like that b:thanks.

i am gonna disagree with saying that pv whould be easier with +5 ns3 gear n sin than on psy.
    why ?
    Well reason is quite easy. here is what psy have to defend himself agains mobs in pv:
    - stun aoe (can't renember if u can stun mobs in pv or not)
    - physical dmg imunity for like 10 sec if i am not wrong
    - flexibility to swich beetwenn attack lvls and deff lvls on voodo which rly does help a lot
    - lot of convinient souls (stunnig realitation silence etc.)
    - i am not sure how whould the skill that makes player untargetable works in pv but worth trying
    - psy has more aoes than sin to begin with, they hit hard too.
    - almsot forgot that psy has buble purify if the get stuck, and extra heal with buble.

well about venos (actualy i have a veno) here are ur checkpoints: bramble hood, Feral concentration, Parasitic nova(ik long cast and easy interuptable but if u use at start), blazing barrier, myriad rainbow ... think i gave enough, oh u canaslo try combining ig with feral(1 after another, u have 22 sec of invisibility, then follow with hood for extra 15 sec of 80% dmg reduction)

On the other hand sins have not rly much defence choices (deaden nerves + Focus minded) which makes them:
    squishy
    dead
    etc.
    that's why i'd say the pv is harder for sins than for the casters

@DionDagger

am gonna reply to some of ur blue texts :)

Well i actualy debuff more when i have aps set on. i am not scared that i will lack the chi to spark something off if i use aps, with dph on bosses that dosen't pass u 2 sparks with bleed i'd be scared to debuff too much to save the gennie.

Well about fighting high hp barbs... well i am jsut gonna say that we prolly fought diffrent barbs on diffrent conditions. i was fighting with scary barbs too and they were scary b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked

about the life hunter dmg... i didn't think that i'd whould be that much of a diffrence (i gave u dmg per 1 life hunter hit out of 2 hits) but well if u count zerk crit then it whould be prolly correct.
    edited November 2014
    Options
    i am gonna disagree with saying that pv whould be easier with +5 ns3 gear n sin than on psy.
    why ?
    Well reason is quite easy. here is what psy have to defend himself agains mobs in pv:
    - stun aoe (can't renember if u can stun mobs in pv or not)
    - physical dmg imunity for like 10 sec if i am not wrong
    - flexibility to swich beetwenn attack lvls and deff lvls on voodo which rly does help a lot
    - lot of convinient souls (stunnig realitation silence etc.)Soul of Stunning only works on 1 person, after that it is used up until it comes off cd.
    - i am not sure how whould the skill that makes player untargetable works in pv but worth trying
    - psy has more aoes than sin to begin with, they hit hard too.
    - almsot forgot that psy has buble purify if the get stuck, and extra heal with buble.Only sage psys have this, and bubble can be interrupted easily.

well about venos (actualy i have a veno) here are ur checkpoints: bramble hood, Feral concentration, Parasitic nova(ik long cast and easy interuptable but if u use at start), blazing barrier, myriad rainbow ... think i gave enough, oh u canaslo try combining ig with feral(1 after another, u have 22 sec of invisibility, then follow with hood for extra 15 sec of 80% dmg reduction)

On the other hand sins have not rly much defence choices (deaden nerves + Focus minded) which makes them:
    squishy
    dead
    etc.
    that's why i'd say the pv is harder for sins than for the casters

@DionDagger

am gonna reply to some of ur blue texts :)

Well i actualy debuff more when i have aps set on. i am not scared that i will lack the chi to spark something off if i use aps, with dph on bosses that dosen't pass u 2 sparks with bleed i'd be scared to debuff too much to save the gennie.

Cauterize and sage shadow escape deal with bleed very easily. I might also like to add that Lifehunter allows you to perma spark with DPH. Something I am unable to do in my aps gear since I am sage and r9. Also if your r9 set has adequate refines (I personally have 20k buffed) the bleeds you encounter from bosses like Puppet and Lord of Captivation, tickle at best.

Well about fighting high hp barbs... well i am jsut gonna say that we prolly fought diffrent barbs on diffrent conditions. i was fighting with scary barbs too and they were scary b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked A rediculous amont of barbs on my server are running full r9.3 +10 or higher, and about 75k pdef in tiger. Most of them also have +12 weps. Using APS gear against them will result in something like a bear mauling salmon. One break on your lock and you are either good as dead, or have to gtfo. Even my 20k hp fist barb doesn't fall to APS sins easily. Barbs have a lot of resources to fight sins, despite being easy to lock down.

about the life hunter dmg... i didn't think that i'd whould be that much of a diffrence (i gave u dmg per 1 life hunter hit out of 2 hits) but well if u count zerk crit then it whould be prolly correct.

It had to do with zerk. I also have like 700 spirit and maxed skill passive with A cards (maybe thats a factor idk). G16 does good damage at +11/12 but zerk is just so good when it procs. But lifehunter is a really really good skill. Even if you are tt99 aps gear, you should get it.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I read the post perfectly fine and it seems you don't know much about caster wep proc availability. You missed my whole point. You don't need r9 to get purify on a wep.

TW reward weps can contain purify or infinate, so can r8r weps (with a 14.95% chance of puri). Even though its half the proc rate of the r9 wep, in an instance like PV, that makes little difference.

You seem to have some knowledge and it could be interesting to have a real discussion with you... if ever you were not assuming that I know nothing on my side b:sad
    I do know that R9.3 wep is not the only one to have that kind of add-on. But well... if talking about TW reward is a valid point to you, then no need to argue I guess. And I would really like to know how many casters have the r8r weapon with puri on your server, then have their feelings about how they master pv ^^

Some of your other points are interesting though and make me want to try it out with a psy. The only thing that surprised me is that you seem to consider that bp is not at all a factor in PV for sins. As you said, the most important thing is to know your limit and how many mobs you can pull at once. In this configuration I had the feeling bp was useful, but I will retry with my sin as well to refresh my memory.

By the way, you end your post by finally saying that sin is not the worst class for PV. But since casters, with their OP TW reward weapon, can all (including pys and venos) do PV faster/more easily than a sin (according to you), then which class would be worst than sin ?
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Options
    This topic makes me facepalm. Dx

So so many facepalms.... b:cry
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited November 2014
    Options
    You seem to have some knowledge and it could be interesting to have a real discussion with you... if ever you were not assuming that I know nothing on my side b:sad
    I do know that R9.3 wep is not the only one to have that kind of add-on. But well... if talking about TW reward is a valid point to you, then no need to argue I guess. And I would really like to know how many casters have the r8r weapon with puri on your server, then have their feelings about how they master pv ^^

Some of your other points are interesting though and make me want to try it out with a psy. The only thing that surprised me is that you seem to consider that bp is not at all a factor in PV for sins. As you said, the most important thing is to know your limit and how many mobs you can pull at once. In this configuration I had the feeling bp was useful, but I will retry with my sin as well to refresh my memory.

By the way, you end your post by finally saying that sin is not the worst class for PV. But since casters, with their OP TW reward weapon, can all (including pys and venos) do PV faster/more easily than a sin (according to you), then which class would be worst than sin ?

BP is very useful, but only when you do damage. Without IG or AD, the mobs can interrupt you to the point where you are not able to do any damage. It has happened to me personally when i pulled half of PV 100+. I was unable to even spark. I sat there for about 10 secs and spammed the subsea/rift buttons, but everything got interrupted. Hell even 1 time my triple spark got interrupted. Dat face desk moment. I can tank the mobs fine, but without immunity, I can not use subsea, toxic torrent, or rift in a proper fashion. Which means I have to pull less because of that.

Id have to say the worst class(es) are probably wiz and archer. They lack the ability for quick sustain. Wizard has crazy chan times w/o sutra, and archer has no sustain what so ever.

Sorry, I didn't mean to assume you know nothing. I was just saying there's a few things you missed. Happens to all of us. A lot of casters use the r8r weps on my server, even ones in non-TW factions. Most of them have the r9.3 wep, and the r8r infinate proc wep, and switch between them for both procs. It's broken as hell if done right. A mystic in g16 I know was able to do PV's faster than me because of those.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Just pointing something out here:
    BP is very useful, but only when you do damage. Without IG or AD, the mobs can interrupt you to the point where you are not able to do any damage. It has happened to me personally when i pulled half of PV 100+. I was unable to even spark. I sat there for about 10 secs and spammed the subsea/rift buttons, but everything got interrupted. Hell even 1 time my triple spark got interrupted. Dat face desk moment. I can tank the mobs fine, but without immunity, I can not use subsea, toxic torrent, or rift in a proper fashion. Which means I have to pull less because of that.
    Interrupts are universal for everyone. Sins (and melee classes in general) actually have this easy with faster channeling skills than casters. What happened to you was unfortunate, certainly, but... well that's what happens when you have 60+ mobs all hitting you in rapid succession. And even then it's not the norm because of faster channeling. It's the same things that happened when you can do the EXP room in Frost with only one pull and people certainly didn't use interruptions as a defense against their ability to do that when it was still a major thing.

Total immunity isn't needed at all. A Zooming Thunder Potion does the exact same thing when it comes to completely eliminating interruptions.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I am not sure how or why this thread has gone on this long. Both FC and PV are squad ran instances, the fact they can be solo'd is irrelevant to anything other than jealousy. At this moment I am 103,102 and 101 rb's on my sin. With very little pv or fc prior to rb. Heck I may have ran fc 5 times since the first time I rb. Not many more than that in pv. Most of my leveling came from hypering on mobs in map3 of the oht quest chain, there are several groups of mobs in primal world that give some really nice exp and 2 of the groups are near instant respawn. running both eu and aeu (i got like 60 badges I can burn up in there that is what ~60m exp? I could do in a few days).
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
    edited November 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Just pointing something out here:

Interrupts are universal for everyone. Sins (and melee classes in general) actually have this easy with faster channeling skills than casters. What happened to you was unfortunate, certainly, but... well that's what happens when you have 60+ mobs all hitting you in rapid succession. And even then it's not the norm because of faster channeling. It's the same things that happened when you can do the EXP room in Frost with only one pull and people certainly didn't use interruptions as a defense against their ability to do that when it was still a major thing.

Total immunity isn't needed at all. A Zooming Thunder Potion does the exact same thing when it comes to completely eliminating interruptions.

I stated without the use of APO specifically, in multiple post above. With the use of APO, it doesnt matter because everyone can use it, which kinda defeats the "One class can do PV better than the others" argument, which is why I established without apo use.

ZTP isn't fool proof, but it does help.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I admit I'm a little annoyed this thread is alive still, OP do you know that you're the only person to ever complain about PV? Ever? Well there was the time when we only had PV95+, which wasn't worth it compared to an FC99+ run. But that was eliminated when PV100 was introduced. But still, nobody complained about the PV95... Rather simply nobody did it.

Yep, you're still the only person to whine about PV.

Hint hint, nudge nudge, you're doing it wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I admit I'm a little annoyed this thread is alive still, OP do you know that you're the only person to ever complain about PV? Ever? Well there was the time when we only had PV95+, which wasn't worth it compared to an FC99+ run. But that was eliminated when PV100 was introduced. But still, nobody complained about the PV95... Rather simply nobody did it.

Then Kitty goes whining. With full squad PV gives quite crappy XP. And due to general lack of common sense most squads can't even get one PV done in a decent time, not even mentioning PVing with less than full squad. Most of the times Kitty also needs to take over barb's job on whatever class she's playing 'cause most barbs pull less than Kitty's cleric =.=' PV doesn't also teach squad mechanics nearly as well as FC did.

And no, teaching doesn't really help to lack of pure common sense.

Kitty's happy she can solo PVs on her non-rb HAs for her LAs and casters. Saves Kitty's nerves a bit.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
    edited November 2014
    Options

'Common sense' is a flawed concept. If you want to sound credible, please don't use this term.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options

What was eliminated? You can still do pv 95+.
    At lvl 100 you got 2 options:
    PV 95+
    PV 100+
    giphy.gif

edited November 2014
    Options
    Then Kitty goes whining. With full squad PV gives quite crappy XP. And due to general lack of common sense most squads can't even get one PV done in a decent time, not even mentioning PVing with less than full squad. Most of the times Kitty also needs to take over barb's job on whatever class she's playing 'cause most barbs pull less than Kitty's cleric =.=' PV doesn't also teach squad mechanics nearly as well as FC did.

Kitty's happy she can solo PVs on her non-rb HAs for her LAs and casters. Saves Kitty's nerves a bit.b:bye

Kitty, you are very patronizing.

Also if I had a nickle for every time you said 'common sense' ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Matter of fact I'd like to see what you're most commonly used words are. b:chuckle

SweetieBot analyze Keisari - Raging Tide
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options

SweetieBot analyze Keisari - Raging Tide
    SweetieBot has read Keisari - Raging Tide's last 74 posts!
    Here's some neat stuff SweetieBot has learned.

General Stats:
    Forum name: Keisari - Raging Tide
    Last Post Date: 11-08-2014
    Total Posting Days: 557
    Total Posts: 165
    Average Posts per Day: 0.3

Activity:
    Posting By Hour Chart
    Posting By Day Chart
    Posting By Subforum Pie Chart

Writing Stats (what SweetieBot read):
    Total Words: 4322
    Total Sentences: 460
    Average Words per Post: 58.4
    Average Words per Sentence: 9.4
    Average Sentences per Post: 6.2
    Average Syllables per Word: 1.5
    Average Letters per Word: 4.8

Most Used Words (count): (common words excluded)
    Word Cloud
    kitty (79)
    demon (53)
    sage (49)
    kitty's (38)
    version (33)
    damage (29)
    sweetiebot (21)
    seconds (15)
    points (13)
    level (12)

Most Used 3-Word Phrases (count):
    "version increases the (7)"
    "sweetiebot report server (7)"
    "report server status (7)"
    Most Used 4-Word Phrases (count):
    "sweetiebot report server status (7)"
    "take 2 points from (5)"
    "sweetiebot take 2 points (5)"
    Most Used 5-Word Phrases (count):
    "sweetiebot take 2 points from (5)"
    "sweetiebot report server status please (5)"
    "those who couldn't log in (3)"

This took me 39.1 s to finish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Gingerpubes - Morai
    Gingerpubes - Morai Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    OP watch this and stop complaining.
    You can do pv 100+in general aps set +5 using the same technique I use here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzCl1vAl3i0
    If your gear is less than +5 aps set then go get better gear and top complaining that the game is to hard for you.