Reroll: is it worth?

Options
XXHotXx - Morai
XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Arigora Colosseum
So i am myself in front of a choice,

seen the features of the next pwi updates and seen that wizard class is becoming a bit obsolete,
i am considering to reroll assassin class.

To endgame my assassin i would need roughly 5000 gold, and many hours->months of gameplay

What i am asking myself, at this point of the game, seen the upcoming features,

is it worth to blast 5000 gold into an assassin project or should i rather pour a fraction of that gold into my wizard to make it even better gear-wise (probably go for a first reborn S-set)

Discuss :-)
mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
Post edited by XXHotXx - Morai on

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    There is no value at all. It cannot be worth it.

Unless you have lots of hours and you will be bored if you dont famr to "end game" your assasin. Then it can be a worthy way to save yourself from boredom. Or of course if you lay awake at night because you worry what to do with your money, then it is worth to solve that problem by spending it on your fictional characters.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If you think bout re-rolling, I`d wait for the new classes which seem quite broken. Though there is always the leveling aspect and unless you have alt army for 2 token/day spam, getting to 105-105-103 point takes a good while. I personally cant utilize 1 token properly due lack of openers.

It really comes down to what you want from your PWI time. Sin is extremely powerful class atm and it would likely make you bigger of a factor in small scale PK the least. But if I personally only cared bout playing the most powerful class in game I really wouldnt be playing an archer. Many people have asked me why I R9d archer and not my sin or my barb for that matter. The simple reason is I missed my lvl 80 archer from DW for years and when I finally could afford to R9 toon I chose archer. I dont regret that choice despite the fact I have class disadvantage in literally every 1vs1 fight I enter.

Ps. I am not gonna say if its worth the rl money, its for you to decide, but if somebody can afford it and enjoys their PWI hobby enough to want to do it, its none of my business to say otherwise.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Honestly :

- Your wizard has probably best gears on whole server, so I'm not sure you need to improve his stuff. Trying to reborn your nuema portal set will depend on luck and not only on money anyway.

- I know you already have a sin with good gears (R9r2 with weapon+12 ?). I mean... he probably doesn't have any card, any vitae (arcane/mirage/astral level) or nuema, but why do you estimate the cost to 5K gold to make him OP ? What is your goal actually ? I guess that without that amount of gold you can make him kinda OP (but it will requires some time to farm vitae/nuemas/cards)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • odieuxconnard
    odieuxconnard Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I would say to wait the incoming upgrade with the 2 new classes.
    Balance will be changed as soon as there are new classes in game.

And as said previously, try an assassin endgame on private server to see if it suits you. An assassin seems cool but it does not suit to everyone. ;)
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    yea i tried assassin on and well i had to admit it really facerolls anything

i tried stuff like fire apo 3spark inner subsea mires spark elimination and the damage was insane

what i see from the next update is that the 2 new squad buffs

60% damage reduction from auto attacks (moon fairy)
    20% damage reduction from melee skills (night shadow)

combined with sage tidal
    plus current sin dps output will make sin outrageously overpowered

Also if i rb my set on wiz, regain my will to level it up and get it to full mag damage (i am currently on a hybrid crit build)
    i will reach almost 60k base damage unbuffed that could be quite nice, but still nothing compared to an endgame sin with average cards
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Few questions came to mind...

1. How willing are you to invest that time and money into a sin?
    2. Are you satisfied with your wizard atm? Not the class. YOUR wizard. Class-wise we know how it is.
    3. Will you enjoy being a sin?
    4. Which of the two classes would you rather play? Not considering the gear part, but the fun part.
    5. What if in the next year something good happens to wizards and all our complaints are heard? lol Even I'm laughing about this.

I'm in a similar dilema (wizard or "moon fairy"), but as our playing realities are far different I won't bother with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Few questions came to mind...

1. How willing are you to invest that time and money into a sin?
    2. Are you satisfied with your wizard atm? Not the class. YOUR wizard. Class-wise we know how it is.
    3. Will you enjoy being a sin?
    4. Which of the two classes would you rather play? Not considering the gear part, but the fun part.
    5. What if in the next year something good happens to wizards and all our complaints are heard? lol Even I'm laughing about this.

I'm in a similar dilema (wizard or "moon fairy"), but as our playing realities are far different I won't bother with that.

1.this game is keeping me away from more "sinful" leisure activities, so for the money check,
    the time eeeh thats the problem, i would need to spend really a lot of time in game
    2.Nope i'm not satisfied, for the gears i have i shouldn't struggle this much in pvp, the damage i deal compared to other endgame players damage output is terrible, thats why i either reroll sin or try go for rb1 set
    3.yes, my first char was a sin
    4.equally the same 50/50
    5.man thats the point, there is nothing in progress to change wizard, really 0, i waited already way too much

the problem about the new classes is that they both can be easily purged, and they both dont have a phys defense self buff -> you purge them (especially night shadow) they are dead meat
    assassins cant be purged and will take advantage of new buffs
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

edited October 2014
    Options
    1.this game is keeping me away from more "sinful" leisure activities, so for the money check,
    the time eeeh thats the problem, i would need to spend really a lot of time in game
    2.Nope i'm not satisfied, for the gears i have i shouldn't struggle this much in pvp, the damage i deal compared to other endgame players damage output is terrible, thats why i either reroll sin or try go for rb1 set
    3.yes, my first char was a sin
    4.equally the same 50/50
    5.man thats the point, there is nothing in progress to change wizard, really 0, i waited already way too much

the problem about the new classes is that they both can be easily purged, and they both dont have a phys defense self buff -> you purge them (especially night shadow) they are dead meat
    assassins cant be purged and will take advantage of new buffs

Alright, given what you answered I'd say go sin.

No point on playing something that you are not getting return from and that you get frustrated with every update that pops up with no prospect about wizard improvements.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If I wouldnt know you and your preference for mass pvp I would say roll a max Barb. But you wanna be more of a DD then a defensive/1on1 player.

Still. A sin will be a waste. Look at this promising noon fairy. Do you really think that the fairy won't betop end? Ofc they will be insanely strong. Besides. The OP-ness from sins only comes from buffs and the inability to purge then properly. I wouldnt roll a class just because of that. Really. Look at the many fights I had with preist/trinity. All a sin can do is the same again and again and again. No versatility at all. All they do is rely on tidal. A sin w/o tidal is an low range archer with an anti one-shot. That's all.

One day they will eventually nerf tidal...and then you'll regret that option. W/o tidal sins would be a joke. Just the way night shadows will be. A joke. Really. Light armor squishies w/o the possibility to jump like an archer are just squishy if they cant insta kill anything.

I really think you'd like a more tactical class more. Why not roll a deity bm? Insane dmg and crowd control par excellance. Rather go for that stuffs. Do not burn your money.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Oh is it about what toon is the most OP ?

I think you should stay with your wizzy then. Those who are OP now will draw the shortest straw in the next update and you'll keep changing :)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If your main shtick is TW, stick with the wiz. TW is unbelievably hard on a sin that isn't 105+ rb with +12 JoSD. You have a lot of misconceptions about the class it seems, maybe it will do you some good to actually play the class, but I urge you not to cash it out. Just to see what kinda **** we non-endgame sins have to put up with in TW.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    an assassin in tw can be deadly lethal killing key targets or simply stealthing to rebuff spot 2spark subsea earthen torrent
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Joe - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    an assassin in tw can be deadly lethal killing key targets or simply stealthing to rebuff spot 2spark subsea earthen torrent

Sure, single targets. A subsea/Earthen rift can deal quite some dmg as well.

But...

An AOE stun, followed by an AOE disarm followed by a HF will bring way more benefit in TW. Especially when 2 or more BMs sync their moves. Sins, don't have AOE CCs and thus are less important in TW.

Sins never have been a problem to me or my fac mates in TW. Never. The only thing that matters is massive AOE CC and AOE DMG. Single target CCs are useless.

Surely it will be nice as a max geared, josd sin to cause mayhem wherever you can. That will be a nice asset. But nothing compared to an AOE CCer like a BM.

The problem I can see with that is that you might think it would do amazing simply cause you'd outgear most of the people. In an equal TW 80 vs 80 with max gears...well sins are not even considered good. Simply cause they can't lock people down and with everyone being max gears, can't kill ***** with their AOEs alone. Don't depend on gear advantage alone. Especially when it comes to TW.

Take me for example. If a sin attacks me/my people single target style then he can be ignored (maybe a few die, but that doesn't matter). But if a BM stops my whole squad from doing anything (surely psys and Wizards can do that too) it could turn the tide of that move. A well timed Stun/Disarm can wreck a whole squad. A sin can't do that, especially against HA chars.

Sin is all in all a solo class. If you wanna cause mayhem like preist then sure, go roll a sin. If you wanna be an amazing asset in TW, toll a BM or focus your wiz even more. Sins are useless in TW (compared to other, main classes for TW) unless they outgear everyone by far.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
    edited October 2014
    Options

Toxic torrent? Are you high?

1. The skill does ****ty damage for the channel/cast animation.

2. It's kinda hard to find on my server now since everyone wants to skill up their OP cash alt APS only sins.

3. The damage over time is ticklish, at best.

The only real redeeming qualities the skill has is charm jumping and filler dps. Thats about it. And like i said before, unless you completely out gear everyone around, you aint killing anyone with that combo unless you get a heavy string of zerk crits.

And the proper combo its actually 2 spark>Subsea>Toxic Torrent> Rift.

Hell even the half diety full S card sin on my server cant 1 shot me with elimination on a regular, and i only have 37 def lvs. That combo is too much based on luck, and it also assumes your opponent hasn't moved away or ADed by then, because if they have, you just blew through 4.3 sparks and wasted about 5 secs. You might be dead by then.

Even if you force stealth, they could have already activated lv31 pots, which forces you to either:

1. Apo

2. Blow your genie

3.Hope to hell they haven't use pots and don't have you targeted.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Does anyone play this game just for the fun of playing? Does anyone chose a class cause he or she likes playing that class no matter what? Do you want to play an assassin cause you like assassin class or do you want to play an assassin cause they are one of the powerful class at end game?
    giphy.gif

• XXHotXx - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Does anyone play this game just for the fun of playing? Does anyone chose a class cause he or she likes playing that class no matter what? Do you want to play an assassin cause you like assassin class or do you want to play an assassin cause they are one of the powerful class at end game?

I enjoyed sin back in time, quitted it cause i became an aps noob :D, aps was so broken my sin was apsing down entire cata squads

but still aps sin was squishy

nowadays sin has same feature but its one of the tankiest classes in game if endgame at full buffs + tidal

if we consider future buffs too, just damn

i know how to play sin, and i enjoyed the new playstile (quite a 3spark 123 dead tp 123 dead stealth) it also happens that its the most OP class in game

the point is just to endgame it its 5000 gold and if i blow that kind of gold on my wiz i can probably improve it to a godlike level, so its a good dilemma :S
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Joe - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I enjoyed sin back in time, quitted it cause i became an aps noob :D, aps was so broken my sin was apsing down entire cata squads

but still aps sin was squishy

nowadays sin has same feature but its one of the tankiest classes in game if endgame at full buffs + tidal

if we consider future buffs too, just damn

i know how to play sin, and i enjoyed the new playstile (quite a 3spark 123 dead tp 123 dead stealth) it also happens that its the most OP class in game

the point is just to endgame it its 5000 gold and if i blow that kind of gold on my wiz i can probably improve it to a godlike level, so its a good dilemma :S

mhm, well godlike would be full nuema portal mostly 1st rb. That would be a huge chunk above anyone else. There isn't much to improve besides Cards on your gears.

With 5k Golds you'd get 1,25k S-Packs. Let's say 1k if you calc in the costs for Flowsilver coins as well. You have a good 2% chance of getting a S-Card from said Packs. That's ~ 1 S-Card each 50 Packs. So Chances are (if you have average luck) that you'd be getting 20 S-Cards.

Within those 20 S-Cards...you know. the chance to get all nuema portal cards is still very very small. Surely. Chances are high that you might get cards from the set you currently have to rb it. But that is also very unlikely. We got quite a few different S-Cards. It could also be possible that you get not a single S-Card out of those 1k Packs. I wouldn't risk that.

Cause even if you would get some cards. You'd never get all of them to rb and to be OP you'd need full nuema 1st reborn or your current set full 2nd rb. That would make a huge difference and is both very unlikely to happen.

And take me as comparision. If you'd get nuema portal then it would be the same way as it was before I got my Set in terms of Def/Spirt/Dmg when fighting against me. Is it worth putting in 4k Euros just for that? xD I acheived everything I have fully F2P. If I were you I wouldn't even bother with cards anymore. Be glad that you got your Set you currently have. That is very strong already.

If we count all that stuff in then yes, roll a sin. Because gearing up and playing a new class rather then throwing out money on chance-packs is always better. If you get unlucky as hell you will rage the hell outta this game and we shall prevent this. Don't risk it, seriously. Play your sin.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options

seen the features of the next pwi updates and seen that wizard class is becoming a bit obsolete,

To endgame my assassin i would need roughly 5000 gold, and many hours->months of gameplay

is it worth to blast 5000 gold into an assassin project or should i rather pour a fraction of that gold into my wizard to make it even better gear-wise (probably go for a first reborn S-set)

Sounds like you're getting bored with the wizard. Why not save up some credits and try out the 2 new classes when they hit PWI Europe in a few months? Moon fairy might be nice to have, and that other shadowsomethingy clone class might also be interesting. Just-another-sin is kinda meh.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Sounds like you're getting bored with the wizard. Why not save up some credits and try out the 2 new classes when they hit PWI Europe in a few months? Moon fairy might be nice to have, and that other shadowsomethingy clone class might also be interesting. Just-another-sin is kinda meh.

i tried the new classes on pwch,
    besides the fact that the clone feature is from moon fairy. while the clone skills from night shadow are really meh

point is that both classes can be purged and both classes dont have a relevant pdef self buff
    that means they will have less sustain\survivability than any other class currently in game (besides archers)

moon fairy pros is that it have nice metal dps, clone your self and spam skills and its GG

doe heart of steel and bb damage

night shadow has nice melee dps and a fckton of paralyzes, but its squishy as duck, no tidal + LA and no escapes like stealth or leaps nor purify...

i believe those classes will be good as buffers\support mass pvp wise, i dont like support classes
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

edited October 2014
    Options

And endgame sin would not be Just-another-sin. Wtf are you talking about?b:bye
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Why is the wizard class obsolete may I ask? If it's because you're aren't very skilled or you can't 1v1 with it, it's not the class, it's you.

I've seen this so many times in pwi, where someone is dissatisfied with their main after end gaming it. Blaming class inequality etc, and they reroll to the class which hailed "op" at that time. They max it out, yet they're still dissatisfied... if you're dissatisfied playing one endgame character I can pretty much assure you you'll be dissatisfied playing any endgame character. Rerolling will only set you up for disappointment and regret.

But hey, PWI needs profits, I want new content in the future, I'm sure the gold buyers in AH would love it, so go head reroll.
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Why is the wizard class obsolete may I ask? If it's because you're aren't very skilled or you can't 1v1 with it, it's not the class, it's you.

Uh-oh. *starts making popcorn*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xtoraah
    xtoraah Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options

From the threads I've seen you post in, you constantly bash assassins, calling them overpowered and unskilled, yet in this thread you're contemplating rerolling one? Can't beat them, join them I guess... whatever floats your boat.

You're complaining about wizards being "obsolete" but from what people have said in this very thread, you are a maxed out wizard with Nuema Portal cards? Correct me if I am mistaken.
    Has it occurred to you that it's not the class, it's the player? Think about it.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    oh god here we go down with the personal attacks...

if you have something against my gameplay go watch and comment my youtube channel,

i call them op cause i hit a deity sin 3ks and receive back 10ks in a three times as fast way (DPS)

wizards are obsolete cause our main combo is nerfed to the ground with last update,
    our ultimate skills have poke damage,
    we dont have purge,
    purify is now heavy countered with paralyze
    our cooldown times do not justify the little damage we deliver with our skills since we have the lowest base magic damage value among arcane classes

whats good left? ice prison?

i played: demon\sage assassin, demon\sage seeker, demon\sage wizard, demon mystic, demon archer

pretty much all of them at endgame \ very endgame

to very endgame the sin i am playing with i need that amount of gold, so the point is:

is this actually worth?

no derailing pls :-)
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    oh god here we go down with the personal attacks...

if you have something against my gameplay go watch and comment my youtube channel,

i call them op cause i hit a deity sin 3ks and receive back 10ks in a three times as fast way (DPS)

wizards are obsolete cause our main combo is nerfed to the ground with last update,
    our ultimate skills have poke damage,
    we dont have purge,
    purify is now heavy countered with paralyze
    our cooldown times do not justify the little damage we deliver with our skills since we have the lowest base magic damage value among arcane classes

whats good left? ice prison?

i played: demon\sage assassin, demon\sage seeker, demon\sage wizard, demon mystic, demon archer

pretty much all of them at endgame \ very endgame

to very endgame the sin i am playing with i need that amount of gold, so the point is:

is this actually worth?

no derailing pls :-)
    Ur gameplay sucks so ur life must be sad.
    Hey Fedy my friend :-)
  • Mermi - Morai
    Mermi - Morai Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    sin20 wrote: »

Don't make him reroll life ;(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If you have portal set, how the **** are you not destroying people?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • xtoraah
    xtoraah Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If you have portal set, how the **** are you not destroying people?

Anyone that comments questioning his ability to play his class, he automatically labels as someone who is "personally attacking" him, or derailing the thread. But oh no, of course it isn't a matter of his skill, nah it MUST be the game. Right...
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    Slewdem - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    sin20 wrote: »

bro if you can afford it do what makes you happy in your spare time, after all you work for your money so your free to spend how you want... Ignore broke people ( who can't afford to do what you do) there will always be haters rich or poor will have something negative to say
    Bahamas represent
    edited October 2014
    Options
    xtoraah wrote: »
    Anyone that comments questioning his ability to play his class, he automatically labels as someone who is "personally attacking" him, or derailing the thread. But oh no, of course it isn't a matter of his skill, nah it MUST be the game. Right...

To a degree.

One's dissatisfaction with the game can lead to performance issues. Also those that experiment less with techniques will have issues adapting to change. All in all, he is either going to re-roll or he isn't. If he wants to waste all his money on a sin, then let him. All these non full r9 sin players generally just assume the class is OP, and a lot of them have a rude awakening upon actually maining the class. It's not as easy as it looks to master this class.

But it's w/e. I don't think it's worth it, but what do I know, I'm just a non-endgame sin. Apparently on these forums non-endgame and assassin means your opinions don't matter.