Impliment AFK Kick

Lord_Neko - Sanctuary
Lord_Neko - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Suggestion Box
This game seriously needs an afk kick setup unless players are running shop or in RoR.
I've seen dozens of players doing absolutely nothing, standing in the same spot since I joined Heaven's Tear server a MONTH ago. Why do they need to be on? My connection to the server was showing a ping of 3000ms; and disconnecting me repeatedly, yet when I get back on, those same afk people are still standing around. Why the hell should they be allowed to hold up the bandwidth?
Post edited by Lord_Neko - Sanctuary on

Comments

• bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This game seriously needs an afk kick setup unless players are running shop or in RoR.
    I've seen dozens of players doing absolutely nothing, standing in the same spot since I joined Heaven's Tear server a MONTH ago. Why do they need to be on? My connection to the server was showing a ping of 3000ms; and disconnecting me repeatedly, yet when I get back on, those same afk people are still standing around. Why the hell should they be allowed to hold up the bandwidth?

1.) The servers are designed for thousands of players to be on concurrently. We have much less players than we once did, and back in the day we didn't get booted due to the servers being "full" or too many players hogging bandwidth.

2.) Wanmei can only touch the code; contact them through their BBS (use google translate unless you know Mandarin).

3.) You are most likely lagging due to a regional router issue or a problem on your end. Run a trace route and give the details to us next time this happens.

4.) People have all the right to be afk as you have the right to play the game. The game had timer quests to run down each day, etc. They can be afk if they desire. It's a free game.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    (implied_facepalm.jpg)
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • iconique
    iconique Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lol b:bye

You answered your own question, to be honest, when you said the people idling are still there even though you're always disconnecting.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2014

The issue is not with the game's server. It's either you or something in between.

However if there ever was a need for afk kick it would be in NW to get rid of afk alts in battles.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    this game isnt for u i afk just to be cool

24/7

afk
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited October 2014

1. You know nothing about anything.
    2, The way you present your "post" is not the best
    3. I've put "post" between quotes because this is so stupid that it should have never been posted.

If I had all the money in the world, I would buy a couple of super computers and make a bot to make accounts on HT server, logging 50 thousand of them into the server, AFKing just to **** you off b:pleased

Mr. Justice
  • Kyanelle - Heavens Tear
    Kyanelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited October 2014

You have the right to play this game how you want to and so does everyone else.

Some of us like parking ourselves on the stairs at South Arch for instance, because WE CAN.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Karma will get you when you least expect it. What goes around comes around.

It's called Karma and it's pronouced "haha f you"
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Gotta love random AFKing spots... b:chuckle
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    VitoryXXX - Archosaur Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If implementing afk kick then implement it to nation wars~ 10min's afk and u r out!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mystic's Never Die~ Y☯utube---http://tinyurl.com/pqu55ut
    First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
    100-100-102 Demon Psychic
    100-100-100 Sage Cleric//100-100-101 Sage Stormbringer//100 Demon Duskblade
    And other alt's i don't play~
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If implementing afk kick then implement it to nation wars~ 10min's afk and u r out!

My alt is never afk 10+ mins. Most peoples' aren't. My sin is extra crappy it does what it can. In the end, it wasn't going to be useful in the first place. So like ban all under geared toons! Yea that's the ticket? I mean I go in some lands with undergeared people and one shot them all over the place on my cleric. It's sad and I try to refrain, that can't be fun for them.. They are doing no more good than someone afk in NW.

Afk alts isn't the problem. UNbalanced game is. Those alts would be a lot more useful if a true equalizing buff was given instead of just until lvl 99 crappy buff.

To the OP, why do afk people bother you so much? It's a little weird. The servers aren't nearly filled to complain lag. Get a better PC. I haven't had issues since I did. I still have crappy internet but I can't change that.
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    VitoryXXX - Archosaur Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My alt is never afk 10+ mins. Most peoples' aren't. My sin is extra crappy it does what it can. In the end, it wasn't going to be useful in the first place. So like ban all under geared toons! Yea that's the ticket? I mean I go in some lands with undergeared people and one shot them all over the place on my cleric. It's sad and I try to refrain, that can't be fun for them.. They are doing no more good than someone afk in NW.

Afk alts isn't the problem. UNbalanced game is. Those alts would be a lot more useful if a true equalizing buff was given instead of just until lvl 99 crappy buff.

To the OP, why do afk people bother you so much? It's a little weird. The servers aren't nearly filled to complain lag. Get a better PC. I haven't had issues since I did. I still have crappy internet but I can't change that.

Well **** working on gear every day if everyone will be equal, might as well come on whatever class you want as long as you have all skills you will be fine because everyone is equal.
    Not everyone who is afk is undergeared, i saw plenty op or g16 at least sitting just f all.
    If you don't enjoy nw why bother going? It got to the point for me where if i get flame nation on both chars i just go to sleep, if 1 of chars get into something that isn't in flame i might as well stay and leave NW with other.
    Pwi won't make another NW map just for lower geared people so everyone could have fun, so it's just survival of best geared, but gear won't mean anything if you don't know your class and you have to know what others can do as well, even g16 who know how to play it's class will nuke an rrr9 who doesn't know what it's doing.
    My comp could run 10 pwi clients with 0 lag and my internet very fast, but when i come to map and see that we are loosing battle because some g16's or rrr9's sit and do nothing is rather annoying, if you gonna sit and do nothing sit elsewhere that isn't nw. After a few kicks people who afk often won't bother to come to other nw's and all nations will have people who actually play to make it something more then just killing someone in spawn point who was standing there since start of battle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mystic's Never Die~ Y☯utube---http://tinyurl.com/pqu55ut
    First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
    100-100-102 Demon Psychic
    100-100-100 Sage Cleric//100-100-101 Sage Stormbringer//100 Demon Duskblade
    And other alt's i don't play~
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,880 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Im not sure this is a good idea to have a kick system. In some respects yes it would lower bandwith and help the server with the workload. Saying that what about reflection? What about Shops? What about alt toons you have loged when your working on anoter? What about whe your using auto culty (To complete quests my example)? What about instances like BH Metal (WS) where your wait 15 mins?

It would need so many fine settings and definations to make it work correctly. With this in mind and its not totaly related to the server status and or bandwith as its designed to have thousands of players online at anyone point. With the way things are and are going at the moment, for now im not going to log this.

Thanks,