Affordable blademaster endgame gear?

Options
kelkonerrii
kelkonerrii Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Blademaster
http://pwcalc.com/c0b64ac489ad4810
this is what I have so far. I haven't decided on my belt/neck yet...and before you PvPers say things like, "Oh get rrr9 it's farmable it just takes a while or you can just pay for it" no. I want Nv3. I have a life and I am a high school girl, I can't afford it, money and time. Plus, this is a good time to add in that I'm not PvP'ing.

I want more HP without sacrificing what I already have, but I don't know...x_x
I went for a full axe/ham build, put enough str just for my weapon, and when I get rb and stuff I plan to use the extra attribute points on dex so I can possibly use claws in the future. Basically, this is like my final vitality points I'm ever going to invest in. Is it the right choice? ;o;

Thank you all~
Post edited by kelkonerrii on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Firstly... I'm assuming you're a demon here as you don't actually tell us and don't have any passives enabled in your calc.

With that out of the way: Try aiming for something like http://pwcalc.com/3a358c26a6653dcf based on what you've said.

It's full G16 +6. Uses a warsong belt (you should be able to get it without too much trouble as you're running warsong for the badges, molds, and such anyways) and a basic cube neck as well. I actually downgraded all your shards from incomparables to perfects and had my calc assume only 3 sockets on everything instead of the 4 you've used. It also has been swapped from the pure vit build you mentioned to having 5 base vit and just enough dex for claws with your gear bonuses. It does not, however, use any of the leftover stat points or account for the extra points you'd get from reawakening.

The results are as follows in comparison to your original calc (both self-buffed)

Pros:
    Slightly more attack/pdef/mdef
    Greater crit
    More attack/defense levels
    Greater accuracy

Cons:
    57 less HP
    Has unused stat points/sockets that could be used to improve it if I weren't being so lazy.

In short: There's no real reason to have so much vit for the HP. You'll get it from your gear incredibly easily. Getting min dex for claws so you can at least use skills from all your weapon paths is a good idea as well. Feel free to comment on your likes and dislikes of the calc thing.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • kelkonerrii
    kelkonerrii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Firstly... I'm assuming you're a demon here as you don't actually tell us and don't have any passives enabled in your calc.

With that out of the way: Try aiming for something like http://pwcalc.com/3a358c26a6653dcf based on what you've said.

It's full G16 +6. Uses a warsong belt (you should be able to get it without too much trouble as you're running warsong for the badges, molds, and such anyways) and a basic cube neck as well. I actually downgraded all your shards from incomparables to perfects and had my calc assume only 3 sockets on everything instead of the 4 you've used. It also has been swapped from the pure vit build you mentioned to having 5 base vit and just enough dex for claws with your gear bonuses. It does not, however, use any of the leftover stat points or account for the extra points you'd get from reawakening.

The results are as follows in comparison to your original calc (both self-buffed)

Pros:
    Greater crit
    Greater accuracy

Cons:
    57 less HP
    Has unused stat points/sockets that could be used to improve it if I weren't being so lazy.

In short: There's no real reason to have so much vit for the HP. You'll get it from your gear incredibly easily. Getting min dex for claws so you can at least use skills from all your weapon paths is a good idea as well. Feel free to comment on your likes and dislikes of the calc thing.

Woah! This is really good! Yeah, I might have left some stuff out (kind of a noob, not really familiar with lots of things yet), I am going demon. It's a good thing your stats get wiped when you rb, because I've been using lots and lots of vit ;v;
    Thank you soooo much, I love this build! I'll do really well with it!
    I honestly didn't even know I could make the stats way better, lol.
  • opkossy
    edited October 2014
    Options
    It's fine, we were all new once and the whole point of asking is to learn about where you can improve. :D

Glad I was able to help you out a bit! Between reawakening passives, nuema, meridian, and war avatar cards, your stats will actually wind up being much higher than what that calc shows as well. There were some other minor improvements I could make (IE: Using a better tome, adding engravements, and so on) but I think it covers the general look for a G16 BM that doesn't have moderately affordable refines and shards.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    dual hammers. interesting

anyway Full g16 is great for tanking more hits especially in Abba where the rocks are or other places where bms have to get hit. however you might want to consider getting another set of Lionheart boots and wrists(or ashuras, someone said that was better at some point)(the tt99s) and Awakened Ashuras/Lionheart legs, for any nice solo work youll be doing.(just read your post again and this will be more for when you have claws/fists) Also you might want to (Just for Fun) on your first Rebirth restat to no vit and pure str/dex build such as sakubatou(i think its him anyway) lists in his guide. just to try it and see if you like it. If you dont your always free to switch back to a more vit build on your second rebirth.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • opkossy
    edited October 2014
    Options
    So you CAN post without your colors...

Mind = Blown
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    i cant use colors on my phone QQ so i hop on a computer and switch colors then back to phone
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Kossy's post is great.

However, i do think you should not throw vit out of the window if you arent rebirthed yet. Vit is good while you are still working on your gear and you can restat to pure str when you rebirth.

Notice that for example 100 vit with +5 armors and a +10 weapon will yield a better result* than no vit and +7 everything. Therefore basically vit is imo the best choise until you got your weapon to +10 and your armors higher than +5. Of course you can do it a bit earlier if you are rebirthing to prevent the need for restat stones.

*these are just some quick example numbers. In the past, i have made calculations multiple times to prove this point where i used more exact numbers that represent an equal amount of money spent on either the weapon or the armors (ie 6* +6 & +7 vs 1* + 7 to +10)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options

Pros:
    Greater crit
    Greater accuracy

Cons:
    57 less HP

That isn't entirely accurate, vit DOES add BOTH physical and magic resistance. Nor does your build for dex/nothing in vit do anything for more attack. (Unless of course she... or he uses the left over points for strength.)

--

Though really I do agree with that build instead, despite my choice to go with vit build, either way can't go wrong in either choice. Especially for pve. (All weapon path bms FTW!)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    All dex no vit baby!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Artn - Archosaur
    Artn - Archosaur Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    All dex no vit baby!!!!!!!

Real plebs doesn't have enough str for gears without tome.
    My name isn't Artn anymore, someone change it pl0x.
  • opkossy
    edited October 2014
    Options
    That isn't entirely accurate, vit DOES add BOTH physical and magic resistance. Nor does your build for dex/nothing in vit do anything for more attack. (Unless of course she... or he uses the left over points for strength.)

--

Though really I do agree with that build instead, despite my choice to go with vit build, either way can't go wrong in either choice. Especially for pve. (All weapon path bms FTW!)
    I don't get what you're trying to say here.

Yes, vit adds slightly to pdef/mdef... but my calc had a greater pdef/mdef than OP's did. Same with slightly more attack even though I downgraded to use of only one garnet in the weapon. And, as stated, I left room for improvement viia manner of leftover stat points, downgaded shards, and 3sockets instead of 4 (among things like engraves and the like).
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I don't get what you're trying to say here.

Yes, vit adds slightly to pdef/mdef... but my calc had a greater pdef/mdef than OP's did. Same with slightly more attack even though I downgraded to use of only one garnet in the weapon. And, as stated, I left room for improvement viia manner of leftover stat points, downgaded shards, and 3sockets instead of 4 (among things like engraves and the like).

Their calc was missing your added bonuses from the necklace/belt, and change to demon axe passive, was even missing the additions with various buffs.

Really if op stayed with their current build/shards and just got the neck/belt you suggested, their phys def/mag def would be higher than your build. Their build even has more hp when you add in the missing elements (the belt/neck)/removal of the perfect citrine shards/adding back in their stats.

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Real plebs doesn't have enough str for gears without tome.

It's a really old DW thing man. Back from the days I actually played Cleric. huehuehuehue

No but really, there's pretty much zero point in going vit. 3 str/2 dex per level until you cap yourself at 200 dex (or 200-dex from tome) is perfectly fine for anything you'll ever need. If you ever want to get into serious PvP, with end game gear and all that, then you should wind up with 255 Dex so Emperor bumps you to 300.

Vitality is meh, you can survive everything just fine anyway.

Source: I've played 2 BMs from 1-100+ with unrefined gear until level 90, which I refined to +2/3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2014
    Options

No but really, there's pretty much zero point in going vit.

Vitality is meh, you can survive everything just fine anyway.

Essentially I agree with you, albeit I still love my extra vit/magic resistance I get from my build, whatever works for each person. ^^

All path bms ftw!

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Essentially I agree with you, albeit I still love my extra vit/magic resistance I get from my build, whatever works for each person. ^^

All path bms ftw!

Brb going full Vit for TW to troll
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Artn - Archosaur
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Brb going full Vit for TW to troll

Get me Emperor tome and full +12 and I'll restat to just enough str/dex to just wear my gears with tome and dump rest into vit.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Get me Emperor tome and full +12 and I'll restat to just enough str/dex to just wear my gears with tome and dump rest into vit.

I feel like this plan would be far more effective if I did it instead of you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Artn - Archosaur
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I feel like this plan would be far more effective if I did it instead of you

Give me a reason why it would be!
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Give me a reason why it would be!

If I remember the convo correctly it would bump his hp to 40k+.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop