Question on rebirthing sin

Father_gold - Sanctuary
Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Assassin
Ok, so i had to take a rather lengthy break from the game to attend to work. i never RB'd my sin but now that i am playing a bit more i want to choose a secondary class to play for dailies (main is r999 psy) and farming-ish stuff. i still have a need to do lunar/WS/TT to build up g16 pieces

my sin is pretty standard APS (which i know is not the popular choice these days) sage sin, r8 top vana 2nd pants tt99 arm/feet & ornies, lunar cape warsoul with 3 vit stones. pretty avg +5-+6 refines, +6 r8 dags, +7r8r no -int dags, +3 g16 dags no -int (-int hates me....)

what i am trying to formulate is how i am going to rb this guy in a timely manner. i know from pv'ing on bm barb archer and psy how that could go, i dont have gof on dags so i think relying on Pv is going to either be expensive or fruitless. once i rb once i think things will get better since i can farm neuma and cards to even out stats.

but given that the #1 lvl'ing source of sins is gone, how do other people rb their sins and on average how long should i expect to take to lvl back to 100 that first time? I am currently collecting up bh orbs and EU pills and order orbs but i need to be pretty high to get those going.

I am also thinking about what i should do gearwise, reading these other posts it looks like g16 is not that much greater than standard aps abandoning the ornies for cube +WSbelt and going back to using skills (what i used to do before hitting 100 and getting aps for farming things that dont get farmed anymore). is r8r (not focusing on -int) even worth the effort seeing as a new popular LA class will be out soon (i'd rather create stashable gear if feasible, psy using r999 is enough money/time for me for this game).

i'm just a bit out of touch with my alts right now and trying to get my head back in the game. touching up my psy was good introduction to primal farming for me, but i kinda dont know what i should be aiming for with any other alts.
Post edited by Father_gold - Sanctuary on

Comments

• FaithDread - Heavens Tear
    FaithDread - Heavens Tear Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'd recommend getting RA as quick as possible. When I first reawakened my sin I used FBs to level up instead of FF and I got leveled back up really fast doing the appropriate FBs and doing the deja vu quest line. I've also recently reborn my seeker and just doing that quest line, FBs and the occasional PV I am back to lvl 95 in just a couple of weeks. A guildie of mine got back to level 100 in just a few days without FF. It's perfectly feasible.

As for your sins gear. It all depends what you are aiming for. As my sin is my main and I use it for everything, I have lots of different gear for different situations. I have some super tanky armor for doubling up as a tank in most instances, aps armor for farming and r8r which I've given up on for now. Each is viable and I can switch all sets out with some leniency. For example of can tank in my aps set because the heals from BP keep me alive even against 15 or so mobs. I find the big difference now is in the passive upgrades such as meridian, cards and primal passives. Personally if my sin wasn't my main I would totally just leave him in aps gear. It's not great but it's viable for most situations in pve
    Crafting shiny things since 2008 b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's honestly not too bad anymore. Between BH's and dailies, and the ability to autogrind for 8 hours you should be able to get to 8x in a week or so, and to 100 about a week or 2 later (only playing a few hours a night, and grinding overnight).

I'd start as soon as possible, before the next update nerfs the value of dropped DQ mats. Sin is the easiest to rb, because of bloodpaint and the 'bot. No excuse you can't find a likely spot and chew your way thru the levels, especially with hypers.

Once you get up enough to get into FF yourself, just run thru yourself. With that gear you should be able to solo any of the bosses with one toon to pull/distract. All you need is enough dex to wear your gear.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    took me less than a week to get my rb barb to 88 with no fc. All it is, is proper use of hypers in the right instances. I just do not have the time to level him quickly with the time i have each day. Even when hypers was enabled in fcc i only went there 2-3 times max in 2 rebirths before 100 on my sin.

There is nothing wrong with aps sins, there is just a place for them. Most of the "unskilled" sins you hear people talking about are people using them as farmers.

You can farm nuema now and use the coins you get from other toons to save until you rb your sin. The coins can be made trade-able. The nuema system was made progressive meaning increasing it as you level. You do not have to wait to rebirth to do this. Alot of people talk junk about c cards, but there is nothing wrong with them till you can start getting b and a cards. The attack and def you get from them is worth not ignoring just because you have not rb.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    edited October 2014
    Thank you for all the replies and info, it was very helpful.

i thought you had to RB to use the nuema orbs? if i can start farming nuema now w/o rb im gonna get on that quickly.

i'm having a tard moment, FF as in FCC? or did something just slip my mind?

i was at first at odds over choosing a toon between seeker and sin, given this i think i will rb my sin first (i like him more). im a sage sin so i have never been much of a auto-att nooblet, i mostly did debuff and supplement as 2nd sin in squad either way so i'm used to actually using my skills (how many sins bother to try to knife throw to disrupt casting?)

I think ill only manage to PV with him if i can find a squad but bot'ing is def a possiblity and i know how to set that up already.

lastly, is LA g16 much good? i might NW him a few weeks and get a full r8r set later on for a set of less squishy gear, at least until i can choose to g16 and not fret over it.

again thanks for all the input.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yeah not sure where ff came from since its name is frost covered city. maybe ff is some other instance like hwighlight hemple b:chuckle

it is probably debatable between r8r and g16 each are somewhat easy (farming time) to obtain. You can go r8r with 3 peices and 2 of g15 niv and still be at 4-5 aps as a sage and still be good as a dph sin with chill in nw ect. it really depends on the rolls of the dagger you use g15 niv or g16. r8 can only get one int *i think* and also if you are willing to spend the time/coins rerolling for those perfect stats on the armor and daggers. Honestly I would just keep the aps gear for farming and make a g16 niv set. R9 is somewhat easier to obtain but it is still expensive. So in the end it is really if you want to invest in g16 niv (which you can stash for other toons hint new update coming) r8r or r9rs3.

This is a link to a post i made and it has all my aps and pvp gear linked with all the add's passives ect. I have worked on this toon for close to 4 years now and very slowly getting there. Right now I am just working on leveling my nueman passives and cards (whole a set maybe one day).

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21933491&postcount=34

Oh yeah I am sage
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    my sin is pretty standard APS (which i know is not the popular choice these days) sage sin, r8 top vana 2nd pants tt99 arm/feet & ornies, lunar cape warsoul with 3 vit stones. pretty avg +5-+6 refines, +6 r8 dags, +7r8r no -int dags, +3 g16 dags no -int (-int hates me....)
    Sounds reasonable. Being sage has the advantage of better bloodpaint, so you can switch to skill use when APS is ineffective. But at the same time you can fall back on APSsing for instances where that's still appropriate, such as Lunar and Warsong.
    what i am trying to formulate is how i am going to rb this guy in a timely manner. i know from pv'ing on bm barb archer and psy how that could go, i dont have gof on dags so i think relying on Pv is going to either be expensive or fruitless. once i rb once i think things will get better since i can farm neuma and cards to even out stats.
    Sounds to me you just need to farm a few essences of defense, or do PV runs at half or even onethird pulls. You can farm nuemas before rebirth though, and if you got any war avatars, those can be equipped before rebirth too.
    but given that the #1 lvl'ing source of sins is gone, how do other people rb their sins and on average how long should i expect to take to lvl back to 100 that first time? I am currently collecting up bh orbs and EU pills and order orbs but i need to be pretty high to get those going.
    Depends on how heavily you play your sin. Personally, I'd rebirth that sin as soon as you're able - keep some XP items in your bank, jolly fruits, profundity scrolls and xp orbs from BH2s. Sins actually have it easy getting back to level 100 fast, since they are VERY easy to autocultivate with. Once you got the stats to equip your G16 daggers again, just put them on and set autocultivate against mobs some 5 levels higher then you for 6 hours a day. Should take no more then a week to get back to 100 if you also do BHs and the lower PV.
    I am also thinking about what i should do gearwise, reading these other posts it looks like g16 is not that much greater than standard aps abandoning the ornies for cube +WSbelt and going back to using skills (what i used to do before hitting 100 and getting aps for farming things that dont get farmed anymore). is r8r (not focusing on -int) even worth the effort seeing as a new popular LA class will be out soon (i'd rather create stashable gear if feasible, psy using r999 is enough money/time for me for this game).
    If you go cheap and abandon APS: Full G16.
    If you go cheap and focus APS: Mix of R8 chest (not recast), G15 arm and legs, TT99 LA helm and boots, TT99 HA ornies, lunar interval cape.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • _Mg_Zr - Harshlands
    _Mg_Zr - Harshlands Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just a regard on leveling. Doing FC, FF (which ever way they say it on your server) is still feasible to level up. At the moment i'm on my second rb and from level 80-90 with a golden silk worm i was able to get a complete level and maybe 10-20% into the next one from a full fc run.

Im in the 90's now and its working out at around 60-70% for a run just up to the heads.

Don't underestimate the 4.0 and 3.5 xp multipliers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - 102 Demon Kitty Kat

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move."
    - Douglas Adams
    edited October 2014
    Evryn, all sound points. I have a few EOD's saved up but i have the coin and the friends to farm em when im ready. I am currently trying to run multi BH's on main/alts especially when bh1 is in active and pay to complete bh2 for the easy orbs.

_Mg_Zr, yeah i keep reading ppl say its can still be useful. i think maybe when i rb BM and seeker it will be more useful since i would be able to do mobs and bosses easier, same goes for PV. the auto culti is a good choice i am going to take and maybe run into FCC if i need a bit of exp to hit a level.

i am also making sure to run EU too for the blue pills. i am also going to try and lvl thru mundane means and leave the quests for later on, i think that can speed things up a bit as well ( do pulls of lower monsters my gear will render powerless, ie... bh19 mobs and 29 and 39)
  • ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Evryn, all sound points. I have a few EOD's saved up but i have the coin and the friends to farm em when im ready. I am currently trying to run multi BH's on main/alts especially when bh1 is in active and pay to complete bh2 for the easy orbs.

_Mg_Zr, yeah i keep reading ppl say its can still be useful. i think maybe when i rb BM and seeker it will be more useful since i would be able to do mobs and bosses easier, same goes for PV. the auto culti is a good choice i am going to take and maybe run into FCC if i need a bit of exp to hit a level.

i am also making sure to run EU too for the blue pills. i am also going to try and lvl thru mundane means and leave the quests for later on, i think that can speed things up a bit as well ( do pulls of lower monsters my gear will render powerless, ie... bh19 mobs and 29 and 39)

One of the other things they have been saying about the next expansion/update is that they will revamp the exp on a lot of older lower lvl quests. I initially powerlvld/ground my first 100, and will go back to all those older quests once they jack up the exp a bit.

Also, don;t forget the new Dreamchaser pack code, very handy for RB.
    edited October 2014
    One of the other things they have been saying about the next expansion/update is that they will revamp the exp on a lot of older lower lvl quests. I initially powerlvld/ground my first 100, and will go back to all those older quests once they jack up the exp a bit.

Also, don;t forget the new Dreamchaser pack code, very handy for RB.

yeah i already planned to rb1 without relying on quest i dont have to complete. prolly grind and bh and other dailies in addition to orbs which im stockpiling slowly.

the dreamchaser code does not work for me, but i have some packs saved up from before. might save those for rb2 as well.

next attack on archo i will be farming those exp badges too.