Warsong VS Lunar Bosses

Options
rieihdius
rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Dungeons & Tactics
After a lot of time of playing and doing all kinds of warsong (Normal Full, mobless, badge runs, etc) I have acquired some knowledge about this instance, also due my current gear and knowledge about this place Im able to easily solo most of the bosses or duo them with a healer on a rrr9 veno with average refines (+7 armour and +10 weapon)

However in the case of Lunar i dont really have too much experience mostly due the fact that most of the times that I ran that place, it was with some really fast and OP squads and since you have to pay 3 mill to open the squad mode, it would not be wise to enter just to troll alone.

So here is my doubt about this matter:

From the perspective of both an avarege squad (not really OP) and from someone who is able to solo or duo bosses on warsong (both normal and viles)

Wich bosses are harder?

Please note that my question is not about those instances mechanics and / or time to complete them or the mobs inside. The question is about what bosses are harder to survive and kill (including their viles)

Also sorry if this was asked before but i did not find a thread that answer this specific question.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Out of both instances I would say for a solo'r it would be the first boss in Lunar, then whats his name in wood or water possibly in warsong. Lunar is far easier to solo than warsong and far faster in squad or solo (in squad mode) along the bh path (i know you said you did not want to know that, just through that in). I have not done any other path in squad mode so I can no speak of those. The only thing that will slow you down is the tomes for a melee, caster is not an issue.

I know some people might say in warsong the last boss would be harder with his add's but he just has alot of hp, killing the add's quickly is the main point of that boss.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Depends on the Lunar path.

If you're on the Primal fear path, Genesiac Blink, Vile Blink, Primal Fear, and Vile Fear can be killed at range with them rarely attacking you. Even at Melee range, none of the bosses on this path are all that difficult (just make sure to have an answer for Blink's self-buffing)

Relic of Wind's path/bosses aren't very difficult either (iirc that boss doesn't do anything really dangerous, and neither does Massaca Seben if you're quick about dropping him)

Drake Fling/Vile Fling is one you'll need to be wary of I think....could easily be more troublesome than most WS bosses barring The Incacerate. If you can down him easily though, the rest of the Woonar bosses aren't going to be a problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Thanks to both for the answers. So here is what happened:

I basically tried to duo the whole thing with my girlfriend today, we did the relic of wind path, Me on veno and She on her Mystic.

First boss, Genesiac Blink and his vile really easy, the purge is just anoying but easily survivable, I was just purging and amplifying him now and then.

Second boss Mystical Jarax was hitting me a bit harder but she also died quickly, her vile was doing a bit more damage with that poison/wood attk , but nothing that I cant handle.

I must said that at that point of the instance and from a Caster point of view I believe that these bosses are easier than the normal version of most of the elemental bosses on Warsong but maybe a bit harder than the water and metal viles(those two are really easy for me).

Now the last Boss, Relic wind I must say it was a Surprise, mainly because I did this boss before but with a really OP Squad : A Barb rrr9+10, 2 sins + 11 , 1 cleric, 1 BM G16 and me on veno, during that time we basically trashed the poor thing in a few seconds and same to his vile.

But when I try to duo him today, the history was very different. The problem was not the Normal boss but his vile.

The normal boss did basically the same that the Lunar guide on this forum said : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=623031

That seal was not big deal, I was able to easily tank him with my girlfriend healing me and shielding me with her salvi.

But the vile well... just after I Started atacking him he perma seal me, for some reason the only attack that this boss was doing on me was that lightning seal thing and the axe like debuff. That lightning attack put you in some sort of total inmersion (unable to do anything, like when the nw guards activated on crystal contest or when you get hit by veno nova sometimes)

So obviously I died b:laugh

I tried a few times to solo him (since we had mystic res) and the best damage I was able to do was like a third of his life before he killed me lol, the thing have like 3 mill of Hp.

The only way that I was able to do something to him was by using pet/spark/AD/immune apoth after those are done he just start his perma seal thing, actually he never stop doing it but while you are invincible you resist it. Maybe is because Only I had the Aggro, but he was doing that attack much more frequently than when I was on that full squad.

I guess that I will try the old BH path when I have more free time and see what nasty thing those other bosses do.

Still it was fun to do, even if the final boss kicked my butt b:laugh

• Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Yeah that sounded like a lot of fun b:victory

In the lunar bh path the first boss has those add's running around him and could be a pain. Maybe have a pet go in first and agro the mobs then you just hit on the boss and heal pet while getting heals from you friend.

When you are going to the the queen bearded boss there maybe more melee mobs there than the the first valley. The boss itself is a breeze just hits you every so often and is not that hard (my melee perspective) and the same with vile. Going to the last boss, forgot his name big dragon in the lake you will have a mix of 1 melee mob per group and 2 casters. One of those casters actually maybe melee or melee/caster. One of them I believe seals. The boss itself actually can hit pretty hard on a melee till their defenses are higher. In my aps gear I think he hits me around 5k with out bb the vile is about the same.

But! You can attack him at range. There is a rock to his right (if you are facing him as he faces you) that you can swim up to and walk on. Since this boss does not move you can attack him with range attacks and only suffer aoe damage. I am not sure if that damage is magic or phy but I think it ignores defenses and is a straight 50% +/- hit on you. Back in the day and probably still now casters sins archers and anyone who can use a bow or range skills could kill him. But you can not take to long as eventually his aoe will one shot you. Being a caster you should not have a problem with this. Plus having another with you to help dd and aoe heal after his aoe. You damage on vile maybe lower than the first one though, but this is from my perspective. I have only been against him as a cleric aside my sin, so not sure if that is true for casters.

Have fun b:dirty
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz