Your dream PvP-Party!?

Options
Joe - Morai
Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Dawnglory (EU)
So you guys. Let's roll this thread. I know it's a copy from the other server-subforums...but meh, I liek the idea. Note: Put em together in terms of player skill and capabilities. Ignore gear and personal feelings if you can.

My optimal Setup would be:

Joe

That's it. xDDD Nah ok for real now:

Joe - Barb
AlbDruid - Cleric
DikkeJonko - Archer
Elahrion - Wizard
Syby - Psy
IDIOTISM - Sin
YLightningY - Seeker
DonQuihotte - Barb
xXNoboXx - Psy
Zanryu/Xiyie - BM

On a tournament with equal gears, I'd take them.
My Barb:
mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
Post edited by Joe - Morai on

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Why not...

I will think about it even though it's really hard to know what some people would be able to do with better gears than their current ones.
    And it will depend on the context. Kill them all party, TW team, team for NW flag map, team for NW crystal map, team for NW bridge map. I would take different people for those different contexts.

That being said your team is not bad. Still there are three people I never heard of :s And there is one personn that I would take with me only for his current gears
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Joe - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Why not...

I will think about it even though it's really hard to know what some people would be able to do with better gears than their current ones.
    And it will depend on the context. Kill them all party, TW team, team for NW flag map, team for NW crystal map, team for NW bridge map. I would take different people for those different contexts.

That being said your team is not bad. Still there are three people I never heard of :s And there is one personn that I would take with me only for his current gears

Surely you could built a squad for certain purposses only and all...but oh well. I think that would be a decent squad for all scenarios with the main purpose of fighting 10vs10 eventless.

The most effective squad in such scenarios would be:

5x Sage josd sins
    2x sage venos
    1x Cleric
    1x Barb
    1x BM

But meh, that would be lame xDD
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    The most effective squad in such scenarios would be:

5x Sage josd sins
    2x sage venos
    1x Cleric
    1x Barb
    1x BM

But meh, that would be lame xDD

Actually best configuration would totally be
    1 sage barb for buffs
    1 sage BM for buffs
    1 sage veno for purge
    1 cleric for buffs (don't care if demon or sage)
    1 sage deity sin to troll
    5 sage mystics to roxx
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Methinks HotX would love to face a phys-heavy squad like that Joe...

And Zoldi, sage cler would prolly work slightly better - stronger/faster heals (IH is stronger, Soothing Pulse faster) and more absorbing plumeshell. Might survive a few seconds longer.

But yea, focused absorb soul by multiple mysts... blasts through damage reduction and deflvls since it's a DoT. Not much could survive that. 'xept a strong kitty of course. I'm also with you on the different persons for different tasks - PREIIST is great at causing general mayhem for instance, but he prefers to solo things. And some tasks like crystal or CTF on NW don't lend themselves to that.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If we do it leke that then:

10xClerics (doesn't really matter if sage/demon)

SoG/Sleep all 10 targets and Mark of weakness all targets away. 10x MoW kills any class instantly + one aurora array from any clerics beforehand prevents charm ticks to begin with.

xD that would be fun too^^

But cmon, don't derail my thread! Come up with realistic parties with actual players! xDD
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    More seriously, the nine people I would take with my mystic are probably :

Serga - barb
    Bradien - barb
    Idiotism - sin
    Aryanz - sin
    SneakyZoe - archer
    Saeber - archer
    Paulux - Wizzard
    Sibyllin - Psychic
    AlbDruid - Cleric

As backup to represent the classes I didn't select :
    Veno : _Bagyra_
    BM : Aburamesh
    Seeker : Nexes

(Please note I selected only one member of my faction in the main team, without counting me)

Gears included ! 'cause as I said it's too difficult to select people without taking gears into account and there are people on the server that I don't know but maybe have a good gameplay (for example I admitted above that I didn't know 3 people of Joe's team which is a lot...). I think everyone that do NW/TW on our server know the people in my team
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Joe - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Not bad, not bad.

But to be honest...some of those you included...well I can mostly only speak from NW/1on1 experience and well...they are not that skilled imho.

The ones I pick do have experience with end-game gear (we all know from where =P) so I definitly picked the ones most skilled in their respective race altho I'm not too sure about dikke. He got way better during the last months so I would go for him.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    so I definitly picked the ones most skilled in their respective race altho I'm not too sure about dikke.

The main difference between your team and mine is that I did take gears into account I would say, even though there are wizzies with better gears than PauluX, sins with better gears than Ary and so on.
    But there are some people that we both selected and I think that the rest of my team would win versus the rest of your team. At least for the people I know... but I don't even know if I have already seen Nobo/Lightning/Quilhotte in action (and I think I have never seen them in PVE as well so I have totally no idea about their current gears or skills)
    My only hesitation was about you. In 1v1 maybe I would pick you instead of Brad or Serga but in 10v10 in my opinion their better survivability would be more useful (and that's why I selected them both instead of another DD or a veno/BM (even though I would have picked the BM if I didn't take gears into account ^^)
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Joe - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    The main difference between your team and mine is that I did take gears into account I would say, even though there are wizzies with better gears than PauluX, sins with better gears than Ary and so on.
    But there are some people that we both selected and I think that the rest of my team would win versus the rest of your team. At least for the people I know... but I don't even know if I have already seen Nobo/Lightning/Quilhotte in action (and I think I have never seen them in PVE as well so I have totally no idea about their current gears or skills)
    My only hesitation was about you. In 1v1 maybe I would pick you instead of Brad or Serga but in 10v10 in my opinion their better survivability would be more useful (and that's why I selected them both instead of another DD or a veno/BM (even though I would have picked the BM if I didn't take gears into account ^^)

Thats exactly why I chose the ones I chose. Because I know they can adjust to nearly any possible situation they got put in. That's why I like myself too. I'm not a hardcore max STR barb til death xD. In situations like that I would definitly go full vit/josd and just "raging slap" annoy the **** out of my enemies. Put a max SF SoS on me and I'm nearly unkillable.

A barb that knows when to be more supportive can change the tides of battle. Ya, I would love to go for max STR/deity on those battles as well...but against so many ppl...well that would be useless.

Skill, for me is the ability to get the maximum out of your class in any given situation and maybe overthrow long-used strategies and come up with new ones if needed as well as being able to survive even purged/self-/unbuffed. Most ppl die instantly once they get purged. Such I don't need xDD At least for Bradien I can surely say that he isn't capable of doing that xDD

EDIT: But ya, thats all theory ofc. Guess it would be hard to get a equal terms-battle together...at least not on our server xD
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If you want to honestly faceroll anything pvp-wise:

Serga
    NPH
    Trinity
    EloquenZ
    Repanzu
    PREIST
    that josd sin from Revision i forgot the name
    any demon veno with clues i'd say Genia\Kytine
    AlbDruid\Dyeena\Nicol_
    Xiyie
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Oh lawdy I got included on a dream squad, oh lawdy lawdy.

So who's this Xiyie person, I didn't even hear of them when I played. They takin' over my spot as big BM on campus? OH LAWDY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Oh lawdy I got included on a dream squad, oh lawdy lawdy.

So who's this Xiyie person, I didn't even hear of them when I played. They takin' over my spot as big BM on campus? OH LAWDY

XD you are still the best BM we ever had in terms of skill and the thought you put into the stuff you do. There are simply not that many BMs left on our server that are good. I know some with lower gear that are quite good too, but nothing all too special.

Xiyie surely comes right after you as he plays his BM very well but more so in terms of the supporting class that BMs usually are...not quite sure about his abilities in 1on1 scenarios.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    that josd sin from Revision i forgot the name

Avarex maybe.

Your team is kinda the same as the "most effective configuration" mentionned by Joe, except that you give names. But I really wonder if that would be that effective to just add as many sins as possible.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Joe - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Avarex maybe.

Your team is kinda the same as the "most effective configuration" mentionned by Joe, except that you give names. But I really wonder if that would be that effective to just add as many sins as possible.

On max buffs surely. But I would go for only pure josd sins. It would be nearly impossible to purge all of them and we all know that the survivability of max buffed sins is extreme.

If you would go for a 10vs10 where any class would only be selfbuffed then that squad would be downed in an instant...but that very unlikely to happen...a selfbuffed squad xDDDD

Tidal is the key as to why sins are massive in mass PvP.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    On max buffs surely. But I would go for only pure josd sins. It would be nearly impossible to purge all of them and we all know that the survivability of max buffed sins is extreme.

If you would go for a 10vs10 where any class would only be selfbuffed then that squad would be downed in an instant...but that very unlikely to happen...a selfbuffed squad xDDDD

Tidal is the key as to why sins are massive in mass PvP.

a self buffed squad with a cleric in the team? b:chuckle

yea that was avarex
    Avarex maybe.

well some kind of HAs are pretty nasty to take down, full vit build josd barbs, vit build buffed seekers thats the purpose of demon veno -> 0 def + sins = BB HA

but well assassins have all the features in game, purge included so it might be that a 10-sins squad could still be able to faceroll any squad
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Joe - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    but well assassins have all the features in game, purge included so it might be that a 10-sins squad could still be able to faceroll any squad

The weakspot of a full sinsquad would be the vulnarbility to AOEs + they would all be selfbuffed or Apo CD which would both get them killed pretty soon.

Full sin vs full seeker squad = All seeker standing together in bulks. Once the sins attack -> Faith + IG and all set up vortexes. In seconds all sins will be dead due to their vulnarbility to pure dmg. You can't debuff them but you can throw dmg at them which can't be resisted just like the debuffs.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    The weakspot of a full sinsquad would be the vulnarbility to AOEs + they would all be selfbuffed or Apo CD which would both get them killed pretty soon.

Full sin vs full seeker squad = All seeker standing together in bulks. Once the sins attack -> Faith + IG and all set up vortexes. In seconds all sins will be dead due to their vulnarbility to pure dmg. You can't debuff them but you can throw dmg at them which can't be resisted just like the debuffs.

xD you mean vulnerability to DPS? xD

and which class isn't vulnerable to DPS or paralyze+DPS ? xD

and which class has the best DPS? :-)
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• XXHotXx - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    anyway i didnt get the topic right so if i have to nominate the best for each class, w\o considering gears or pvp performances i'd say:

Serga - barb
    I'd say Justice if he was actually playing morai, so i've to go with Xiyie on pair with Heaven - bm
    GotchaZ - seeker
    Alexis - mystic
    Freezee - venomancer
    Spi - psychic
    EloquenZ - assassin
    Deliyah - cleric
    DikkeJonko - archer

and well for wizards i really dont know ;) i'll let others judge :-)
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Joe - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    anyway i didnt get the topic right so if i have to nominate the best for each class, w\o considering gears or pvp performances i'd say:

Serga - barb
    I'd say Justice if he was actually playing morai, so i've to go with Xiyie on pair with Heaven - bm
    GotchaZ - seeker
    Alexis - mystic
    Freezee - venomancer
    Spi - psychic
    EloquenZ - assassin
    Deliyah - cleric
    DikkeJonko - archer

and well for wizards i really dont know ;) i'll let others judge :-)

Kinda funny as to how our Squads differ. But oh well, we only have personal experiences.

Funny how some of the ppl from your squads I can't even consider good xD That mostly revolves around what happened when I encountered them in NW alone. Ofc in a group it will matter more if you know how to support the group as a whole and not your capabilities in 1on1-scenarios.

I personally value both qualities. If push comes to shove you gotta be very skilled in both group and 1on1 scenarios and from personal experience with the ones you stated...well they lack at least one of those qualities (not all of them ofc).

Cool to see, that it does differ a bit while we can still see some similarities here and there^^
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Kinda funny as to how our Squads differ. But oh well, we only have personal experiences.

Funny how some of the ppl from your squads I can't even consider good xD That mostly revolves around what happened when I encountered them in NW alone. Ofc in a group it will matter more if you know how to support the group as a whole and not your capabilities in 1on1-scenarios.

I personally value both qualities. If push comes to shove you gotta be very skilled in both group and 1on1 scenarios and from personal experience with the ones you stated...well they lack at least one of those qualities (not all of them ofc).

Cool to see, that it does differ a bit while we can still see some similarities here and there^^

well for wizards i'd add iKyRa

those players are that kind of players that know how to fully express their class potential, they just lack gears or some of them are on the quitting foot

for the teamplay thing i am pretty sure if any team is on teamspeak a good leader\shotcaller is enough to make them behave properly enough in mass pvp
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Joe - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    well for wizards i'd add iKyRa

those players are that kind of players that know how to fully express their class potential, they just lack gears or some of them are on the quitting foot

for the teamplay thing i am pretty sure if any team is on teamspeak a good leader\shotcaller is enough to make them behave properly enough in mass pvp

Ya, iKyRa is the best wizard I ever fought on an official server. She is amazing xD

And ya I agree. But finding a good leader isn't that easy. I for one know exactly what to do in what situation but I lack the ability to express it while I'm focusing on battle which disqualifies me as a leader xD but it's so hard to focus on your own doing + direct others meanwhile.

Best would be a leader/caller that just spectates and doesn't really fight himself. That would be the best solution imho.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If we do it leke that then:

10xClerics (doesn't really matter if sage/demon)

SoG/Sleep all 10 targets and Mark of weakness all targets away. 10x MoW kills any class instantly + one aurora array from any clerics beforehand prevents charm ticks to begin with.

xD that would be fun too^^

But cmon, don't derail my thread! Come up with realistic parties with actual players! xDD

If were going to theorize, then the longest range aoe wins. 10 attacks of anything kill pretty much anyone if they are simultanious anyways. So whoever gets to shoot first right ?

So lets bring 10 barbs who will all do berserkers wrath simultaniously as soon as the first enemy gets into range. (not sure if there is anything with a longer range, probably many equal it, but not the huge AOE range)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If were going to theorize, then the longest range aoe wins. 10 attacks of anything kill pretty much anyone if they are simultanious anyways. So whoever gets to shoot first right ?

So lets bring 10 barbs who will all do berserkers wrath simultaniously as soon as the first enemy gets into range. (not sure if there is anything with a longer range, probably many equal it, but not the huge AOE range)

I like the way you're thinking :D ya, thatwould be overkill...especially with triple spark + White tea -> BW. That 10 times at once...would kill anything, yep.

Imagine if all enemies are in the air meanwhile b:chuckle
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Rhahiki - Morai
    Rhahiki - Morai Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Interesting thread. I was just looking for Hot's PW vids, but this is funny. I should think about it, but would be hard to leave personal fealings behind. Playing with people I can't laugh with is no fun and get's me impatient to finish b:chuckle
    I'm also with you on the different persons for different tasks - PREIIST is great at causing general mayhem for instance, but he prefers to solo things. And some tasks like crystal or CTF on NW don't lend themselves to that.

I think you don't know PREIIST in squad well enough tbh. He's a very good teamplayer when needed. The problem is to have a squad that gets along well in both directions and have good battles almost non stop or he'll get bored.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I think you don't know PREIIST in squad well enough tbh. He's a very good teamplayer when needed. The problem is to have a squad that gets along well in both directions and have good battles almost non stop or he'll get bored.

That is pretty much my problem as well. If things don't go my way (and that is non-stop action for several hours) then I get bored very fast as well as preist does. especially when some teammates wanna take "breaks" when it is just too funny to stop. Annoying. If I'm solo then I can go as long as I want :D
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I have to corroborate what is said about Preiist/Idiotism.
    The main point is that he needs to have a certain faith in his teamates' skills but when this is the case he really tries to play in constistency with his team. He's not an hothead that wants to solo everything/everyone.
    So if I need a sin within my team I would even more pick him because he has a really huge overall knowledge of the weakness and strength of every class in this game.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I have to corroborate what is said about Preiist/Idiotism.
    The main point is that he needs to have a certain faith in his teamates' skills but when this is the case he really tries to play in constistency with his team. He's not an hothead that wants to solo everything/everyone.
    So if I need a sin within my team I would even more pick him because he has a really huge overall knowledge of the weakness and strength of every class in this game.

lawl you prolly dont know him as we do,

last time we pked on the same side, he was in our party we were pking @ west but half of squad went semi afk, he engaged some bm, got killed, blamed us for no help while we were afk, left squad and left faction

:-)

@ Rahiki: PW vids? what do you mean

10 of the same class dont work cause of this simple reason, any class has its counters.. except assassins

you can counter SoG and negate mow+metal damage with genie (how do you sog-mow a sin on tidal?)

you can negate berserker wrath damage

you cant negate the DPS of 10 assassins attacking you while sitting on tidal and even more if they are coming from stealth
    also while you can CC\Aoe CC anything of 10 of the same class coming at you, you cant CC 10 assassins due to tidal

so still, the 1 class-team-composition would be viable only if 10 assassins
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Rhahiki - Morai
    Rhahiki - Morai Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    lawl you prolly dont know him as we do,

That's the entire thing with PREIIST. In a squad with players he get's along with, he's very reliable. In a squad with even 1 person he dislikes, he's of no use. I (and obviously Zoldi) don't know him like you do, but you don't know him like we do. Can't speak for Zoldi, but I did play with him in squad several times in NW. If there is no issue with (1 of) the other squad members, he's a great teamplayer.

In a way, I'm the same. I won't play nice with people I don't like either. I just won't squad with them in the 1st place because I don't really care about pk/pvp that much and am not part of that "competitive" group of the server anyway.
    @ Rahiki: PW vids? what do you mean

Someone told me you were posting links in Morai subsection, so went to look for those and saw this thread. Wouldn't have seen this if I weren't looking for your vids.
  • laikiraski
    laikiraski Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Deam Team ? XDDD That is funny xD , anyway for the thread :

Joe ( Barb) : as DDs barb on the server he is the best ,Bradien is good too but cant compare vitality barb vs strength barb in matter of DD.

Eloquenz as a sin , surely he knows what to do when to do
    DikkieJonko as archer , he finally got it how to simulate with me in nw and shoot stuff behind me haha.
    Zoldi as mystic , the guy heals and I mean it xD.
    Paulux as wizard , thy guy dosent only go and pop 1 aoe and run back,he stands and fights.
    Rhahiki for a psy , at least he knows that he can heal and use Psyhic Will.
    Dyenna / Merkurukrom as cleric , as for AlbDruid cant say anything ,countered him 1x my whole life in NW wasn't much of anything .
    Elari / Snowcrystal as for veno , they dosent die 1 shot after they purge something xD
    SneakeyZoe as archer , his 3 spark from behind is awesome ijs xD

As for Bms there is nothing worthy on our server sadly b:surrender
    And Barb + 2x Sins + 2x Archers +Mystic + Wizard +Cleric + 2x Venos + Psy can Faceroll any nw map b:shocked
  • Ieas - Morai
    Ieas - Morai Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    My Dream PVP party

leas/leeas for he the support
    Aryanz for the moans of lag
    xTokiix for her ****
    Barret for his **** chat in TS
    Sibby for his Tank Psy who no one can kill with me about
    DonQuihottie better then Joe as he always where he needs to be

o wait this is my NW party Ever week who only lose out number in NW GG i love my party