World chat

Options
Xxamarokxx - Sanctuary
Xxamarokxx - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Off-Topic Discussion
One thing i don't understand why do this company allow the bad mouthing the swearing the players who sit there make fun of others make fun of there grammar???

In other game companys i been on still play they banned you of world chat and and if it happens again they banned you of the game .I really think that China needs to make some changes i must of blocked close to 20 players on every toon all where insulting and have a very poor attitude and they don't care who they insult or make fun off .

In the years i been playing pwi jade and other games through pwe this game seems to be the worse out of them all i even had a few make real life threats which i reported through the game company in the past .My point is something has to give and there has to be more restrictions to keep it safe and clean i know am asking to much i don't see it happening any time soon all i get through the tickets is block them as they don't seem to care what goes on as long as there getting cash from players so a lot tell me.

Would be nice they make it so you can remove world chat the box it self so you don't have to see what players are saying .So that's it .
Post edited by Xxamarokxx - Sanctuary on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Options
    You... can remove world chat. Open your settings, go to the gameplay tab, and untick the box next to the yellow "world" channel. Then you'll no longer see WC.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    One thing i don't understand why do this company allow the bad mouthing the swearing the players who sit there make fun of others make fun of there grammar???

In other game companys i been on still play they banned you of world chat and and if it happens again they banned you of the game .I really think that China needs to make some changes i must of blocked close to 20 players on every toon all where insulting and have a very poor attitude and they don't care who they insult or make fun off .

In the years i been playing pwi jade and other games through pwe this game seems to be the worse out of them all i even had a few make real life threats which i reported through the game company in the past .My point is something has to give and there has to be more restrictions to keep it safe and clean i know am asking to much i don't see it happening any time soon all i get through the tickets is block them as they don't seem to care what goes on as long as there getting cash from players so a lot tell me.

Would be nice they make it so you can remove world chat the box it self so you don't have to see what players are saying .So that's it .

Just wondering what your thought process is behind this. Do you think some random geeky person freaking out on a keyboard can make someone feel unsafe? First time I was threatened online I was 12, I called the guys bluff in reply (voice chat) knowing full well that he was full of ****.

Since then I've never felt like someone would or even could harm me.

And from a seasoned player's perspective, I know that PWE is many, many things and caring about some mean yellow colored text is laughably low on their "To-Do List".

Not to say you can't get banned.... It has happened, however never a permanent ban. Even people who abused glitches/money exploits got a two-week ban at the longest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Just wondering what your thought process is behind this. Do you think some random geeky person freaking out on a keyboard can make someone feel unsafe? First time I was threatened online I was 12, I called the guys bluff in reply (voice chat) knowing full well that he was full of ****.

Certain things might trigger's a person's depression, suicidal tendencies or bring back unwanted memories of particular horrible experiences. I'm sure nobody wants to go through that when they are playing a game and want to have fun and get distracted from other problems for a while.

Now someone could say... why are they playing an MMO then? why are they online then?

But I don't think the answer is to tell them not to go to places and isolate themselves because that's "safe". If anything that's gonna be just as bad. Real life friends do exist but they aren't always there and sometimes they don't exist at all for one reason or another (abandoned the person) so they turn online for some social interaction.

You can't completely shield yourself from such things, especially online, and people have to try to move on from bad experiences (mentioned above) but things like that (triggers) shouldn't be left going rampant, especially in a game.

However, PWI's WC is not monitored and the attempts to get a project going for that...was abandoned :/
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Certain things might trigger's a person's depression, suicidal tendencies or bring back unwanted memories of particular horrible experiences. I'm sure nobody wants to go through that when they are playing a game and want to have fun and get distracted from other problems for a while.

Now someone could say... why are they playing an MMO then? why are they online then?

But I don't think the answer is to tell them not to go to places and isolate themselves because that's "safe". If anything that's gonna be just as bad. Real life friends do exist but they aren't always there and sometimes they don't exist at all for one reason or another (abandoned the person) so they turn online for some social interaction.

You can't completely shield yourself from such things, especially online, and people have to try to move on from bad experiences (mentioned above) but things like that (triggers) shouldn't be left going rampant, especially in a game.

However, PWI's WC is not monitored and the attempts to get a project going for that...was abandoned :/

This deserves a big +1, well-thought out post Desdi!

I think we should also remember we're all human and some people get upset more easily than others... My server tends to call overreacting "drama" instantly, or treat the upset people in a very childlish manner.

Let's not forget if people do really get angry, they often do not think very rationally thus things like logging off and going to calm down might not come in their mind and if they're told to do so they tend to get offended.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Some study about trolls: Link to research about trolls

Pretty much explains why trolls are so ebil :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked