We want compensation!

Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
So let's see here

East Coast/Morai was down the bulk of the day, but got their tigers in?
West Coast was down most of the evening, including missing the weekly tigers event
Massive lag/dcs have been basically telling us this was coming
Day early maintenance takes servers away just as soon as we got them back...

Anyone else got anything to add?

How about getting some compensation for all of this? Free S Card? Orbs? something fun! Different. Not the usual 50 event gold, give us like a free flame orb (propel future sales by giving ppl a taste), or something like that.
Post edited by Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    Kiymori - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Or you could buy my +12 orbs instead?
  • Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2014
    Lol I could, but that doesn't sound near as good as them giving to everyone for free
  • ChiefZoltar - Heavens Tear
    ChiefZoltar - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We play a free game. The fact that there's even maint is a godsend.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hi mr. entitled.

Please read the ToS you agreed to when you created your account, they don't owe you or anyone else anything.

Also, your OP clearly shows that you want compensation, not "we".

Bye.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We play a free game. The fact that there's even maint is a godsend.

f2p games tend to make more than p2p games, especially granted how p2win pwi is your logic is...beyond...shameful
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So let's see here

East Coast/Morai was down the bulk of the day, but got their tigers in?
    West Coast was down most of the evening, including missing the weekly tigers event
    Massive lag/dcs have been basically telling us this was coming
    Day early maintenance takes servers away just as soon as we got them back...

Anyone else got anything to add?

How about getting some compensation for all of this? Free S Card? Orbs? something fun! Different. Not the usual 50 event gold, give us like a free flame orb (propel future sales by giving ppl a taste), or something like that.

How about nothing, sh*t happens, get over it.
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The worst promo/compensation PWE ever gave were those +10 Orbs, not for the fact that code glitched but for the fact that it was something of value to endgame players and lost a decent amount of money based on the widespread of that compensation.

I would not mind it, but in a business aspect you can only sample food or place something of high value on display to give people a "taste." To actually have people buy it there needs to be a lesser valued item attached.

Example, Buy Flame Orb (12*) and get Dragon Ocean (10*) Free! Promo's like that sell often in the real world, and from the looks of things they would here as well.

I vote epic never before seen sale... like Mirth Packs at 60% Off... I'd like that very much <3

Normal compensation I'll see coming for this is... 2x EXP/Spirit for 1-2 weeks with maybe 1-2 Event Gold cards.
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    When the game comes back online you get to play it. That's your compensation

This is an accurate post and extremely honest answer to the OP's demands.
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited September 2014
    f2p games tend to make more than p2p games, especially granted how p2win pwi is your logic is...beyond...shameful

They may make more money, but they make money regardless of whether or not they actually pay attention to the game. They don't care about us. Ergo, having maint at all is a godsend.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2014
    They may make more money, but they make money regardless of whether or not they actually pay attention to the game. They don't care about us. Ergo, having maint at all is a godsend.

so i can make a crappy f2p game and just watch my money multiply without doing anything?! woot!

so far everything youve said can apply to p2p games too.
    edited September 2014
    so i can make a crappy f2p game and just watch my money multiply without doing anything?! woot!

so far everything youve said can apply to p2p games too.

In a p2p game, if there is no GM/Dev activity, people stop subscribing, they lose money. In this game, what draws people into putting money in is either the want for better gear, or the need to gamble.
    If you make your own f2p game, it won't make money unless you get people to play. People clearly play this game.
    Stop using flawed logic to try to disprove a point that we all know is correct.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm sorry but I have to complain as well.
    Indeed I was doing some nuemas runs by killing that Stygean dude. Then Morai crashed and today Stygean doesn't want to drop any nuema. I don't want to kill his Brigand mate just because of PWE's fault.
    Please give me an S card to compensate. A lifeprime one would be very welcome. Thank you.
    (If you can't then note that I also need some more josd and a crown of madness)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2014
    In a p2p game, if there is no GM/Dev activity, people stop subscribing, they lose money. In this game, what draws people into putting money in is either the want for better gear, or the need to gamble.
    If you make your own f2p game, it won't make money unless you get people to play. People clearly play this game.
    Stop using flawed logic to try to disprove a point that we all know is correct.

>In a p2p game, if there is no GM/Dev activity, people stop subscribing, they lose money.
    same can be said for f2p games

In this game, what draws people into putting money in is either the want for better gear, or the need to gamble.
    >people in p2p games dont want better gear?
    edited September 2014
    >In a p2p game, if there is no GM/Dev activity, people stop subscribing, they lose money.
    same can be said for f2p games

In this game, what draws people into putting money in is either the want for better gear, or the need to gamble.
    >people in p2p games dont want better gear?

You can't buy your gear in p2p games like you can in PWI.
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Requesting a free S card or a free 12* is like asking for a free piece of r9... Hope PWE never makes the mistake of granting this ludicrous request. People need to grow up. There's a problem and they've done/they're doing what they can. This broken sense of over entitlement disgusts me.
    edited September 2014
    Lol my OP was meant was a sarcastic joke in terms of demands...Just summing up the rage QQ of the forums tonight - I personally used the downtime as an excuse to hottub and swim, then caught wings and football with a buddy...this early maintenance is **** up my routine though.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hi mr. entitled.

Please read the ToS you agreed to when you created your account, they don't owe you or anyone else anything.

Bye.

^ this

Gimme gimme gimme gimme. PWI should have never given compensation in the past for a technical issue, except for a severe rollback. Game being down a few hours, so ******* what. It happens, get over it.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadowgriff
    shadowgriff Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i really don't see why anyone feels need to be compensated i mean they do give us things free all the time and when they do ppl still complain about what is given its free who cares if you already got it before or bought it and now you going to say you want more free stuff why so you can complain that wasn't good enough either just play the game and stop being greedy
  • ironknight
    ironknight Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    free nueama portal set for all ! b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
    edited September 2014
    SHESLER HAS THE ANSWER! YES! May as well double RA it for everyone too
  • Pet_Catcher - Dreamweaver
    Pet_Catcher - Dreamweaver Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OH OH.... R9 GEAR FOR ALL b:victory b:victory b:victory
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hi mr. entitled.

Bye.

This. You sir, completely owned this thread and the OP. I tip my hat to logic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    Kiymori - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Anyway.....Any predictions when the next rank sale will be?
  • darkneko
    darkneko Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have mixed feelings on this, myself.

First and foremost, I know what it's like to run and maintain a server (granted what I do is nothing to the scale of PWE). So I understand that things can, and usually will, go wrong when you least expect them. The reasons for those mishaps vary, but they aren't always preventable.

Now having said that, I will admit that it was an inconvenience for the servers to be down so long, then came back up long enough for people to start things, only to take them down again for maintenance.

However, I feel that they should have just escalated the time for the maintenance, done it right then since the servers were already down (especially after two hours had gone by and nothing was up yet). They could have got the maintenance over with sooner, fixed whatever the issue was, and allowed players to get back to whatever they were doing. That would have been the better choice, in my opinion.

Now, for the side of compensation. It's unfortunate that the servers went down for as long as they did, then teased us with 1.5 more hours of play before taking them away again for maintenance.

I have seen a lot of people arguing that it's a free to play game, and that they don't owe us anything. Technically, that's true. However, the fact of the matter is that, while yes we are playing a free to play game, the TIME and EFFORT we were putting into this game to get our characters to a certain point, was halted much longer than what was necessary (again, they could have done maintenance earlier and resolved two issues at once). Everyone's time and effort is worth something, because that's time and effort we could be putting into something else. But instead, we are putting it here, into this game.

The fact that every single one of us, whether we play this game for leisure, or take it far more serious than is needed, our time was wasted while we waited for them to resolve the issue (again, happening only long enough to whet our appetites for more, then wrench it away shortly after).

Whenever a company has technical issues like this, that affects large numbers of clients, whether a fault of theirs or not, their clients are going to want compensation for their wasted time. And it would be in the best interest of the company to give their clients something that is of equal or greater value to what their customers lost. Time is a very precious and valuable thing.

However, Perfect World International has a few million players alone (Not talking about all of PWE, being specific with PWI). Because of this, if they were to give out codes for some kind of compensation such as those ridiculously priced $150 Dragon Flame Orbs, they would lose a huge profit.

Then solution then, is for them to come up with some kind of compensation that will satisfy the majority of their players, while not causing them to lose a lot of money in the process.

Personally, I would be happy with 2x Exp/Spirit/Drops for a month, along with 200 Event Gol (since the prices of stuff in the event boutique are about 3-4 times more than the regular boutique, and everything is character bound, I don't see them losing much, or any profit from this).

But it's ultimately up to the GMs/Corporate (or whoever is in charge of giving the final word on these matters) what, if anything, they are allowed to give.

I've been playing PWI since the days of closed beta. I have seen a vast number of changes happen over the years, and know there will be more to come eventually. So regardless of whether we receive compensation or not, I personally will continue to play this game until the day PWI shuts down its servers for good.
  • unrefuted
    unrefuted Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    darkneko wrote: »
    I have mixed feelings on this, myself.

First and foremost, I know what it's like to run and maintain a server (granted what I do is nothing to the scale of PWE). So I understand that things can, and usually will, go wrong when you least expect them. The reasons for those mishaps vary, but they aren't always preventable.

Now having said that, I will admit that it was an inconvenience for the servers to be down so long, then came back up long enough for people to start things, only to take them down again for maintenance.

However, I feel that they should have just escalated the time for the maintenance, done it right then since the servers were already down (especially after two hours had gone by and nothing was up yet). They could have got the maintenance over with sooner, fixed whatever the issue was, and allowed players to get back to whatever they were doing. That would have been the better choice, in my opinion.

Now, for the side of compensation. It's unfortunate that the servers went down for as long as they did, then teased us with 1.5 more hours of play before taking them away again for maintenance.

I have seen a lot of people arguing that it's a free to play game, and that they don't owe us anything. Technically, that's true. However, the fact of the matter is that, while yes we are playing a free to play game, the TIME and EFFORT we were putting into this game to get our characters to a certain point, was halted much longer than what was necessary (again, they could have done maintenance earlier and resolved two issues at once). Everyone's time and effort is worth something, because that's time and effort we could be putting into something else. But instead, we are putting it here, into this game.

The fact that every single one of us, whether we play this game for leisure, or take it far more serious than is needed, our time was wasted while we waited for them to resolve the issue (again, happening only long enough to whet our appetites for more, then wrench it away shortly after).

Whenever a company has technical issues like this, that affects large numbers of clients, whether a fault of theirs or not, their clients are going to want compensation for their wasted time. And it would be in the best interest of the company to give their clients something that is of equal or greater value to what their customers lost. Time is a very precious and valuable thing.

However, Perfect World International has a few million players alone (Not talking about all of PWE, being specific with PWI). Because of this, if they were to give out codes for some kind of compensation such as those ridiculously priced $150 Dragon Flame Orbs, they would lose a huge profit.

Then solution then, is for them to come up with some kind of compensation that will satisfy the majority of their players, while not causing them to lose a lot of money in the process.

Personally, I would be happy with 2x Exp/Spirit/Drops for a month, along with 200 Event Gol (since the prices of stuff in the event boutique are about 3-4 times more than the regular boutique, and everything is character bound, I don't see them losing much, or any profit from this).

But it's ultimately up to the GMs/Corporate (or whoever is in charge of giving the final word on these matters) what, if anything, they are allowed to give.

I've been playing PWI since the days of closed beta. I have seen a vast number of changes happen over the years, and know there will be more to come eventually. So regardless of whether we receive compensation or not, I personally will continue to play this game until the day PWI shuts down its servers for good.

You think 1 million people play this game? lol. Here's a hint. Count the number of people who attend NW. Now let's pretend they are all unique players. Let's be even more generous and pretend only 10% of the population attend NW. So multiply that number by 10 to get "the number of players per server." Now, there are 8 servers, so multiply that by 8 to get the "number of people playing PWI." Is it 1 million? lol.

Now with that aside, it is true that PWI don't owe us anything legally, so there is no reason for them to compensate us. At the same time, it is their responsibility to keep the server maintained so the players can actually play the game properly. If you think PWI can make money by doing nothing, then just lol. You think people will pay money to a game that doesn't work? Think again. People pay are only willing to pay money if PWI keeps it in working order so people can actually play the game. Annoy the players too much and there will be no one left to pay money to the game.

So in otherwords, they really only need to compensate us if enough people are annoyed by the server maint that they risk losing potential customers.
  • xtoraah
    xtoraah Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Free S Card? Orbs? something fun! Different. Not the usual 50 event gold, give us like a free flame orb (propel future sales by giving ppl a taste), or something like that.

Your request is completely absurd.
  • Kuroimist - Archosaur
    Kuroimist - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Lets be ridiculous:
    How about +12 orbs, a full hand of mogs + gst's and some summerwinds and some josd??

Aren't you a bit too demanding?

*Oh if S cards i want them anready rebirthed and level maxed, k? k, thx. *
    Too lazy to make a signature!
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Lets be ridiculous:
    How about +12 orbs, a full hand of mogs + gst's and some summerwinds and some josd??

Aren't you a bit too demanding?

*Oh if S cards i want them anready rebirthed and level maxed, k? k, thx. *

Wtf do thsoe who are r9r need mogs gst and summerwind? Just give S chest's to everyone, in bluks... that would make everyone happy :D /joke