Options

Comments

• PeachPandora - Sanctuary
    PeachPandora - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Guys, for now redirect the server down stuff to the other sticky thread

We need absence notes for the bumped peeps!
  • WINTER_SUN - Dreamweaver
    WINTER_SUN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    jairoluis wrote: »
    pwi fixes 1 thing and breaks 2 more

hopefully the next thing to break is fc and the hyper thing :P

that's so DAMN TRUE!!!! FACE PALM MEW MEW im bored some one add me on fb Kaitlynn Guitarshuggah Lets talk about world bosses.... JK!
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I didn't get to do finish base quest or build up active points to turn in BH. I didn't even get to pick up primals or do bh either. Not to mention the loss of Tigers, and I need celestial insignias since I'm gonna be working on my NW necklace after I upgrade my ring.

b:cry
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • myownperfectworld
    myownperfectworld Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I'm a huuuuge dr.pepper fan but only when I sit at the computer for hours. If I'm outside my house (or get tired of about 1-2 cans) i'll chug a lot of water. xD

Pretty interesting to hear that Italian Coca-Cola is awful. Never tried it personally.
  • Xiang_Xin - Sanctuary
    Xiang_Xin - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    maintenance has just started ! lol

lol happens b:chuckle

cya later.... after the main then b:victory

mmm I like PEPSI We Will Rock You!!

Pepsi: Ask for more!

pwi wants us to face reality b:laugh
    NO WAYY!!!!!! shame of you PW shame of you o.ó
  • enchantress1
    enchantress1 Posts: 1
    edited September 2014
    Options
    IBC Cream Soda has to be hands down the best soft drink/cola/soda in the world! Nothing beats the old fashion glass bottles!
    wfRwXOU.png

I never had the chance to taste Italian Soda before...ib:surrender
  • alarradawn
    alarradawn Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    sontzu wrote: »

If you bothered to read sparkie's post, you will see THERE IS NO PATCH, they are just restarting the servers during maint.

You really believe a simple server restart would take three hours?

Perhaps you're right. Perhaps not. I guess whether or not a new patch loads after maintenance finishes will show all of you what really happened.

Try not to be too subjective until then. b:chuckle
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    sylhoul wrote: »
    It was. It looks like someone shut it down 4 hours early and started applying the server side patch.

How do I know this?

First, the message about the version is the exact same message it gives when they bring it down for maintenance AND put on a patch. If our version of Arc and the element client launcher does not match the server side patch reported at the login screen it gives this error. Live Server version: 816 now shows up when you attempt to log in. Yes, I am a software engineer so I notice little details like that. Until they upload the client side patch to the ftp server, which in turn gives us a patch to install when we launch the element client, the version conflict prevents us from logging in.

Second, all 4 servers had the same problem at the same time as the numerous threads prove. Were this some random bug or crash, it would not have happened to all 4 servers simultaneously.

Third, contrary to what has been posted elsewhere, at the login screen which shows server status, all 4 servers are actually online right now. During the brief time that one of them was offline the ping was replaced with --- and we were getting messages indicating we were unable to connect, or an immediate "Disconnected from server" message. Only when all 4 servers came back online did the message change to the message about the client side version not matching the server version.

It isn't my intention to offend anyone, not even their development team with this post. But to pretend what occurred tonight was anything less than someone accidentally bringing it down and patching the servers early isn't fair to your player base.

Please show a little honesty next time, even if it is difficult to admit that everyone makes mistakes. Your players will respect you a lot more if you're honest with them.

Lol, software engineer, notice little details? So then how did you FAIL to notice it's been Version 816 since last weeks patch?
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Wow earlier maintenance coincide with the server network problem.

Just as planned I think b:laugh

On other note, I demand new untradeable fash for compensation b:chuckle
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • SirensTears - Archosaur
    SirensTears - Archosaur Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    sylhoul wrote: »
    It was. It looks like someone shut it down 4 hours early and started applying the server side patch.

How do I know this?

First, the message about the version is the exact same message it gives when they bring it down for maintenance AND put on a patch. If our version of Arc and the element client launcher does not match the server side patch reported at the login screen it gives this error. Live Server version: 816 now shows up when you attempt to log in. Yes, I am a software engineer so I notice little details like that. Until they upload the client side patch to the ftp server, which in turn gives us a patch to install when we launch the element client, the version conflict prevents us from logging in.

Second, all 4 servers had the same problem at the same time as the numerous threads prove. Were this some random bug or crash, it would not have happened to all 4 servers simultaneously.

Third, contrary to what has been posted elsewhere, at the login screen which shows server status, all 4 servers are actually online right now. During the brief time that one of them was offline the ping was replaced with --- and we were getting messages indicating we were unable to connect, or an immediate "Disconnected from server" message. Only when all 4 servers came back online did the message change to the message about the client side version not matching the server version.

It isn't my intention to offend anyone, not even their development team with this post. But to pretend what occurred tonight was anything less than someone accidentally bringing it down and patching the servers early isn't fair to your player base.

Please show a little honesty next time, even if it is difficult to admit that everyone makes mistakes. Your players will respect you a lot more if you're honest with them.

all i have to say to this is quote sparkie We will be having a maintenance tonight (9/29) instead of our usual Tuesday maintenance It will run the same time, 11 PM -.. 2AM This is simply for a server restart <<--- read simple restart NO PATCH your theory is bs
  • Annoying - Lost City
    Annoying - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    So why didn't we just have maint when the servers got resolved? Or was it a better idea to let everyone play for an hour, only to be knocked off after?
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2014
    Options
    So why didn't we just have maint when the servers got resolved? Or was it a better idea to let everyone play for an hour, only to be knocked off after?

Probably to make sure whatever issue there was had been resolved?
  • iconique
    iconique Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

To give those who couldn't log in before an opportunity to check in for attendance and do whatever they could do in an hour?

Edit: I like Coke. The American kind. I used to like Pepsi but after experiencing some *variations*, I kinda just lost my taste for that brand.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    alarradawn wrote: »

Perhaps you're right. Perhaps not. I guess whether or not a new patch loads after maintenance finishes will show all of you what really happened.

they list that just in case, pretty much always that 3hr period, 95% of the time up much earlier

of a normal maintenance applying a patch should take max 5 minutes, the rest would be spent restarting/defrag/backup/checking stability/ect.
  • noobynoobydoo
    noobynoobydoo Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    they list that just in case, pretty much always that 3hr period, 95% of the time up much earlier

of a normal maintenance applying a patch should take max 5 minutes, the rest would be spent restarting/defrag/backup/checking stability/ect.

or the devs enable all the features not available in our game and play for a few hours then set the servers back and let us in :P
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Options
    alarradawn wrote: »

Maint involves more than them flipping a switch. There's a crapton of stuff they do in the background that is, for them, a given during maint but that we aren't aware of the total specifics involved.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I swear to jeebus I thought I saw a patch, without patch notes. As well as no mention of "Just a restart."

My theory on the server crash: Someone over at the office updated servers a tad bit too early rather than updating a test server to see if patch is ok. Since the edit of the posts, it seems as though patch is flawed and taken out?

Maintenance Question: Personal favorite, Sunkist or Pepsi, because I like the sweetness of it. Also, to be honest I've never heard of Italian Coco-cola. Where would one get such a drink? or is it just Coco-cola in Italy?
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • noobynoobydoo
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I swear to jeebus I thought I saw a patch, without patch notes. As well as no mention of "Just a restart."

My theory on the server crash: Someone over at the office updated servers a tad bit too early rather than updating a test server to see if patch is ok. Since the edit of the posts, it seems as though patch is flawed and taken out?

Maintenance Question: Personal favorite, Sunkist or Pepsi, because I like the sweetness of it. Also, to be honest I've never heard of Italian Coco-cola. Where would one get such a drink? or is it just Coco-cola in Italy?

lol its not a patch and the servers on all PWI's games crashed by the looks of it with alot of peeps unable to reconnect on the other games as well.

oh also the webpage for all of the games also crashed and I was refreshing the page like mad and it did not reappear for 30 min so lol.

it just showed me a white page
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hey all,

We will be having a maintenance tonight (9/29) instead of our usual Tuesday maintenance. It will run the same time, 11 PM - 2AM. This is simply for a server restart.
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Hey all,

We will be having a maintenance tonight (9/29) instead of our usual Tuesday maintenance. It will run the same time, 11 PM - 2AM. This is simply for a server restart.

The post was edited, that "This is simply for a server restart" was added later.
    lol its not a patch and the servers on all PWI's games crashed by the looks of it with alot of peeps unable to reconnect on the other games as well.

oh also the webpage for all of the games also crashed and I was refreshing the page like mad and it did not reappear for 30 min so lol.

it just showed me a white page

Well that's my theory out of the water then.
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    There was a patch listed by sweetiebot but now that post is edited and the link removed.
  • noobynoobydoo
    edited September 2014
    Options
    so servers are fixed so do we have an hour left or is maint already on? :P
    Edit 30 min? lol
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I don't drink soft drink any more cause its such garbage, but I have fond memories as a kid having a bottle after surfing. Favourites would have to have been creaming soda and sarsaparilla.
  • noobynoobydoo
    edited September 2014
    Options
    someone has got to be world chatting"wow arch is so empty" by now like they do after every maint / server crash
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    The servers are now down! Everyone start panicking!
    Ohh wait, this happens every maintenance.

Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): OFFLINE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Favorite soda- Ale8-one It's a local drink so many probably have never heard of it!
  • noobynoobydoo
    edited September 2014
    Options
    well server maint started lol but it stopped saying my ver is too low :P
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Real ginger ale, or a really good rootbeer.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    It is amazing that the restart was not part of the emergency repair that shut the games down.

Did they find what caused the problem or did they just get it running and are praying that it does not reoccurre?
This discussion has been closed.