What can be done to attract / keep new Players ?

Options

Comments

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Bow... kunkun, staunch worms... 'nough said.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I was almost taking this for a non troll post till I saw this.
    GG, 10/10.

FSP is one of the new anti-aps instances.

Blah, blah aps is dead, but I can still dd with that gear, and its something else that might put off newer players, seeing someone with 150mill worth of gear not even wanted in fsp.

Just a quick comment on the pros/cons above - in 2008 you could get help with anything, now a new player will have a lot of trouble getting bh's done lets alone pv, and these are the best xp gains now. Soloing all the current quests is slow, in 2008 you even squadded up for those.

This is the problem, yeah levelling is technically easier now, but not solo it isn't.

EDIT - personnaly I think adding a '0' to the xp of every quest over 50 would help a lot in keeping new players because levelling would feel dynamic
  • Bellicious - Dreamweaver
    Bellicious - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Nothing can be done to attract new players. As soon as a player enters the game and learns about how much time, effort and money they will need to invest in this game to even begin to compete with the existing VISA swipe champions they are put off and find other games to play and trust me, there are much better games out there that offer better gameplay and have better F2P models.

This game will die in time. I feel bad for sparkie coming in to manage an almost dead game.
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    It would seem most of you are saying that people are leaving because there is no way to compete. I'm guessing you mean competing in PvP? There are a lot of players on PvE servers that are quite happy enough w PvE and having g15/16. Really a decent refine on g16 gear, a level 3 or 4 tome, and maybe some decent A and or B cards is plenty for PvE.

Some like myself tend to go overboard, but that's because I enjoy playing the game and the PvE aspect of it and don't mind contributing to the company. Sure the game is flawed. All MMOs to some degree are. The main people leaving are the PvPers that can't compete, the rest of us are fine with killing mobs
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • meranya
    meranya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    The main people leaving are the PvPers that can't compete, the rest of us are fine with killing mobs
    This, so much.

I dislike it when people try to speak for the PvE servers too, who actually have people enjoying PvE, that we too find the game 'dead' and 'boring' and 'useless' tra-la-la.
    Not the case.

Of course people who are going to enjoy a more Hunger Games based gameplay are going to find PWI lacking, but, nothing stops them from finding something else to invest time (and money) in that meets their desires.

Everybody glorifies leaving and playing a different game, because reasons and this one is flooded with goblins and evil sorcerers, maybe it's time they heeded to what they preach already and stop flooding everything with ragequits. That turn into flamewars and trollfests and what have you.

b:surrender
    "There are two things you cannot always reason with in this world - your own mind and the minds of other people. But you can try."
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    tmllover wrote: »
    Fresh start is the only way to attract AND keep new players. Unless they fix everything mentioned above, will never happen. Like someone said, the only players that are still playing are the ones who have too much time and money invested into the game already, so quitting isnt an option for them.

Do you really think a heavy CSer will give up everything they PAID for to start over with everyone else? If they are forced to start over they will just up and leave to a new game. I know I will (would).

To me, it seems counter-intuitive for PW to spend so much time, money and resources on an expansion to NOT advertise to gain new players which could be an additional source or revenue. Yet, this is what PWI chooses to do - even if they aren't the ones to build the expansion I am sure they pay for it by obtaining rights to release it.

The gap between new players and those reawakened x2 is huge. As for the expansion comming up --dumping new (most likely poorly thought out) instances and with a probability of 99% something is unbalancing to the game, I just don't see how or why any new player would want to stay.
    Here we go again....
  • Dutch_death - Heavens Tear
    Dutch_death - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    It would seem most of you are saying that people are leaving because there is no way to compete. I'm guessing you mean competing in PvP? There are a lot of players on PvE servers that are quite happy enough w PvE and having g15/16. Really a decent refine on g16 gear, a level 3 or 4 tome, and maybe some decent A and or B cards is plenty for PvE.

Some like myself tend to go overboard, but that's because I enjoy playing the game and the PvE aspect of it and don't mind contributing to the company. Sure the game is flawed. All MMOs to some degree are. The main people leaving are the PvPers that can't compete, the rest of us are fine with killing mobs

b:chuckle dont wanna burst ypu bubble but ht wich is pve server is almost as dead as a dodo and when you see new players shout for pv or bh squad they almost dont find help a friend of mine started this game and she wanted to do fb 39 with people in her lvl range she ended up wasting 50 tele,s in wc and in the end i helped here with my ra archer because no one responded on here wc yeah 2 or 3 high lvl who did ask like 200 k each for there help so the talk about more new players in pwi is bs at least on ht it is b:chuckle
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    meranya wrote: »
    I dislike it when people try to speak for the PvE servers too, who actually have people enjoying PvE, that we too find the game 'dead' and 'boring' and 'useless' tra-la-la.
    Not the case.

Trouble with that is that once you even have one endgame +12 geared player around, all effort in an instance vanishes and even the toughest bosses just get solo'd. Since the introduction of assassins, soloing instances has become very prevalent. Bloodpaint should never have been - force people to use a damn healer already.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    -Make leveling about 10x easier
    -Make r9 farmable in instances
    -Make shards farmable in instances
    -Obviously, put huge coin sinks on both of those
    -Also make War Avatar Catalysts a coin sink as well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I like the R9 farmable idea (powercreep has made it pretty much standard for main chars anyway) - but it'd need to be excessively slow, and in an instance that cannot easily be ran with a whole bunch of alts.

Shards... same deal, a single DoT or DoD as a rare drop from say, an AEU chest could be interesting. 0.001% or so.

Not so fond of the war avatar catalyst idea. Catalyst + Flowsilver coins = S Pack. That catalyst should be nontradeable.

• daekranger
    daekranger Posts: 0
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Does this thing make PWE lots of money in the long run? If not, you are wasting your precious time.

This game as a whole is really old, and under level 100 there is nothing interesting about it that would make actual new players, or people of the new MMO generation stick. Those new type of players like flashy animations, quests with voice over or a game that starts off epic in the beginning. Not do a bunch of kill and collect quests you'll never care for or that don't grab your interest.

Also, why would they choose PW over the large variety of better, more interesting, beautiful, and more fun F2P games out there? What about PW's under level 100 gameplay would spark any interest? Practically nothing. After learning how they will have to do those quests again, gearing, and other necessities it will drive them away. PW is too stale, and would have to revamp almost their whole entire under level 100 gameplay to even spark interest in those possible new players.

Biggest question again, does it make PW lots of money in the long run for them to care? b:surrender
  • tmllover
    tmllover Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Do you really think a heavy CSer will give up everything they PAID for to start over with everyone else? If they are forced to start over they will just up and leave to a new game. I know I will (would).

Yes I think they would. If someone is dumb enough to spend $45K on this game (some people have spent more), then I dont see it being a problem for them to spend a few thousand more on a new game to get their ego going. Spend a few grand more after that to get their e-peen going, and so on and so on. Most heavy CSers already play other games, but they keep coming back to this on because of the time and money spent. PWE makes it easy to pay to win, people with too much disposable income (maybe some with none at all and massive credit card debt).

Swipe the card, rule the game.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    They can shut down servers for maintenance at the time they say they will and not 4 hours early b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    daekranger wrote: »
    Does this thing make PWE lots of money in the long run? If not, you are wasting your precious time.

This game as a whole is really old, and under level 100 there is nothing interesting about it that would make actual new players, or people of the new MMO generation stick. Those new type of players like flashy animations, quests with voice over or a game that starts off epic in the beginning. Not do a bunch of kill and collect quests you'll never care for or that don't grab your interest.

Also, why would they choose PW over the large variety of better, more interesting, beautiful, and more fun F2P games out there? What about PW's under level 100 gameplay would spark any interest? Practically nothing. After learning how they will have to do those quests again, gearing, and other necessities it will drive them away. PW is too stale, and would have to revamp almost their whole entire under level 100 gameplay to even spark interest in those possible new players.

Biggest question again, does it make PW lots of money in the long run for them to care? b:surrender

Quit projecting your vile disparagement of the game onto those who haven't even experienced it yet. Geesh
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • daekranger
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Quit projecting your vile disparagement of the game onto those who haven't even experienced it yet. Geesh
    [/QUOTE]
    Not sure how exactly. The new generation of gamers or a lot of them like fast paced action, flashy, and skilled combat games. Not a game that starts off slow, with nothing to grab your attention. A slow, boring walking animation and sub-par combat early on.

Also do not think the management of PW or how people scream this game is P2P will help that person's choice to test the game out further. b:surrender
  • daekranger
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Can someone also explain to me behind the logic that, " If hypers are not allowed in FC, then new players will join." How would a genuine new player even player know about that (unless they read the forums, or friend explains) so wouldn't that mean new players are not joining or staying simply because they are not interested in the game???? Other reasons, I don't know.b:shutupb:surrender
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    i wouldnt do wanmeis job

beside, they already know how to improve this game they just dont want to

so no point in caring
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Im bored of this game. I didnt log in yesterday. Not even to do my jolly quests on multiple chars, not even to put my lvl102 sin on auto farming. I spend all day watching anime.Dont know what im going to do today. Dont know if im going to log in. Everyday the same ****.Not even in game friends i made attract me anymore. I even left the faction i was in cause i wanted to be alone.There is nothing to attract me anymore but i cant let go yet. I dont even feel the need to gather money for r9 gear. Dont know if this feeling gonna change but now i dont feel the need to play it.
    giphy.gif

• MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Those new type of players like flashy animations, quests with voice over or a game that starts off epic in the beginning. Not do a bunch of kill and collect quests you'll never care for or that don't grab your interest.

Also, why would they choose PW over the large variety of better, more interesting, beautiful, and more fun F2P games out there? b:surrender

I would venture to say because its still current if you compare it to another AAA title just released this month......
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Options
    PWI doesn't lack on flashiness. Engine could be more efficient - once players cluster up the FPS rate tanks, even on good machines. What PWI lacks on is balance between players and classes. The second is a design issue, the first is a company policy issue with them being okay with selling power.

• Jadsia - Lost City
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Not sure how exactly. The new generation of gamers or a lot of them like fast paced action, flashy, and skilled combat games. Not a game that starts off slow, with nothing to grab your attention. A slow, boring walking animation and sub-par combat early on.

Also do not think the management of PW or how people scream this game is P2P will help that person's choice to test the game out further. b:surrender

Then maybe they need to play some battle arena style game and not an MMO.
    PWI doesn't lack on flashiness. Engine could be more efficient - once players cluster up the FPS rate tanks, even on good machines. What PWI lacks on is balance between players and classes. The second is a design issue, the first is a company policy issue with them being okay with selling power.

The Angelica engine was designed to be used with low end systems which lacked the advanced graphics processing power. This game's target consumer were the average chinese citizen. At the time of the game engine's development a majprity of the chinese didn't have and couldn't afford high end gaming computers like we have in the west. They sacrificed some power under the hood to make the game available to a much wider consumer base so to speak.

When I 1st started playing I used a netbook PC powered by the 1st generation Intel Atom processor in 2009. I loaded PWI on it and fired it up last week and the game still plays on it.

edited September 2014
    Options
    i made a new alt just to see if i could find more new players now i can say starter area,s and low lvl area,s in ht are dead as a dodo you wont find much there except a alt or two not more
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Merge some of the servers.
    We wont get new players out of the blue, but we can interest older players with new faces in one of pwis bigger events; TW. It would renew some excitement and competitiveness and in turn would possible call friends to come over and play..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited September 2014
    Options
    We wont get new players out of the blue, but we can interest older players with new faces in one of pwis bigger events; TW. It would renew some excitement and competitiveness and in turn would possible call friends to come over and play..

You mean merge the PvP and PvE servers and make one big PvP server? Oh the QQ.

edited September 2014
    Options

i would never say to my friends come play pwi old pwi like it was yeah but how it is right now i would advice them to stay away and find a other game
    edited September 2014
    Options
    You mean merge the PvP and PvE servers and make one big PvP server? Oh the QQ.
    it would be the merger of the same genre of servers, altho it sucks for you guys since obviously 1 PVP west server seems enough for PWI b:chuckle no leech on the PVE just cause your a minority. QQ much.
    i would never say to my friends come play pwi old pwi like it was yeah but how it is right now i would advice them to stay away and find a other game
    If they want to keep away from the game thats fine but its their decision not yours. With players like you encouraging the negative stay-away its just a huge domino effect, and incidentally you end up pitching in to the negatives that PWI already has. At the most stay neutral.
    PWI is a business and they do have to make tough decisions, sometimes stupid ones too, cause well there are stupid employees mingling. But if you go your way to ward pple off before they can experience the game for themselves, your probably worse off than what PWI does.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Oh yeah also do something about the horrible server lag........ like anything... we know its a old system but really b:surrender

- Add furniture/clothcraft to crafting and let us furnish our guild bases b:dirty
  • unrefuted
    unrefuted Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    If they want to keep away from the game thats fine but its their decision not yours. With players like you encouraging the negative stay-away its just a huge domino effect, and incidentally you end up pitching in to the negatives that PWI already has. At the most stay neutral.
    PWI is a business and they do have to make tough decisions, sometimes stupid ones too, cause well there are stupid employees mingling. But if you go your way to ward pple off before they can experience the game for themselves, your probably worse off than what PWI does.

Not true. If PWI hasn't dugged it's own grave, there wouldn't be anyone advising people to stay away in the first place. You reap what you sow. Blaming the players for giving sensible advice is just complete non-sense.

If you got food poisoning when eating at a restaurant, I'm sure you won't "stay neutral" when you tell your friends about it. Cause you know, you're probably worst off than what the restaurant already do when you warn your friends about it. ijs.
    edited September 2014
    Options
    unrefuted wrote: »
    Not true. If PWI hasn't dugged it's own grave, there wouldn't be anyone advising people to stay away in the first place. You reap what you sow. Blaming the players for giving sensible advice is just complete non-sense.

If you got food poisoning when eating at a restaurant, I'm sure you won't "stay neutral" when you tell your friends about it. Cause you know, you're probably worst off than what the restaurant already do when you warn your friends about it. ijs.
    comparing food poisoning is not sensible advice, its just stupid like comparing apples and hell not even an orange. If you want to compare it no matter what, id say its more similar to a casino location. And even then, its hypocritical to even speak of it that way if your still playing there for over a year yourself, not to mention pwi also has a forum (a drink bar!) that pple frequent as a 2nd base after the main game to talk and moan. If im visiting these 2 places for a long time and unhappy with the service then i should just G t f o, if i think i get jipped then i should g t f o (unless your just being an asstard trolling) instead of staying there and hollering and driving said friends away. And even STILL these guys are here, Its like the drunk man that doesnt want to leave cause he thinks the world should follow his lead and wont move till he has a line behind him.
  • unrefuted
    unrefuted Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    comparing food poisoning is not sensible advice, its just stupid like comparing apples and hell not even an orange. If you want to compare it no matter what, id say its more similar to a casino location. And even then, its hypocritical to even speak of it that way if your still playing there for over a year yourself, not to mention pwi also has a forum (a drink bar!) that pple frequent as a 2nd base after the main game to talk and moan. If im visiting these 2 places for a long time and unhappy with the service then i should just G t f o, if i think i get jipped then i should g t f o (unless your just being an asstard trolling) instead of staying there and hollering and driving said friends away. And even STILL these guys are here, Its like the drunk man that doesnt want to leave cause he thinks the world should follow his lead and wont move till he has a line behind him.

Why is comparing food poisoning to perfect world "stupid"?

How is comparing it to a casino any better? If you realize that your friend is about to bet their life savings on very low odds (knowing that he isn't some super rich guy where a few million dollars is pocket change), are you just going to simply "gtfo" without trying to convince him that it is a bad idea? Some friend you are.
    edited September 2014
    Options

i am still here because of my friends in here and because of al the effort i put in my toons but if you wanted me to start al over agian i would run screaming away from pwi heck i only do dailly,s on my toons and help lower lvl players thats all most of the time i am watching a movie or so from the time my acc ar logged in i am amybe spending 2 hours playing at most but the fact is for a brand new player there are tons of better mmo,s out there newer better support less focused on cs and more balanced then this old game wich lost it ways old pwi was a great game now pwi is great when you can cs tons of rl money in it if not it sucks