R8R boots: keep or reroll?

slupor
slupor Posts: 4 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Assassin
So.. I am a demon sin, and even though everybody keeps saying sage is better, i will definatly stick with demon. I've got practically all available skills including the primal ones, and just like playing it a lot. I enjoy playing both aps and dph styles depending on the situation.
My main focus is PvE but i do enjoy NW's as well, i rarely TW.

My current gear is http://pwcalc.com/d23876ff6c91f7a6 (made the stats as accurate as possible)

As you can see i got the R999 daggers with the R8R set, which i feel really made me a lot more powerful/less squishy compared to the old standard aps set (I still have that sitting in my inventory but hardly using it anymore).

Currently I am 3.33 aps sparked, which is ok but i still notice quite a big difference in damage output compared to being 4.00 with my old APS set.

That's why I have been trying to get -int on my boots for the past couple of months. Unfortunately that hasn't worked out well for me, and after more than 500 rolls without getting -int i got this pretty amazing roll with 21 dex and 2 crit which really left me in doubt wether to keep it and settle with being 3.33 aps or continue trying to get -int to be 4.0.

Also, eventually i'll probably get the r999 armors as well for pvp and anti-melee bosses, but i'll always still be using the aps gear for TTs and bosses that don't have anti-melee buffs (and even for towers in NW Bridge Battle^^)

I need your opinions on this, what would you do in my situation? And if anyone has been in a similar situation, what did you do?
Post edited by slupor on

Comments

• DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'd say keep rerolling unless you plan on going for full r9rr. I'm only 2.5 aps base sage and I farm all instances just fine with just buffs and BP.
  • FaithDread - Heavens Tear
    FaithDread - Heavens Tear Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    500 rolls?! Jeezz, ive given up after only 226 b:chuckle I got r9rr yesterday (Literally) after a long time debating it, and dont regret it one bit. I see what all the fuss is about. Its up to you really and what your goals are but I would ditch the boots if I was you. I worked out with the amount of tokens I put into getting triple magic rolls I could of gotten a r9r ring, which would of been a much much better gear improvement. You could of gotten r9r ring, a stars destiny and most of a s4 neck xD. I am also tanky as hell in r9rr (Can tank full pull lunars quite easily) and I only have 2 pieces at r9rr (Rolling another tonight b:chuckle) while still being able to hold my own against all bosses I aps at either with my r8r (Emp/Beast/Solo WS) or APS set (Anything else xD).

I seriously regret going for r8r (At least the boots). It was a real waste of time, and although I am pretty tanky in it, I dont believe the money, and more importantly the time (Have to get up at 4am for NW) was worth it. I feel ive been massively cheated out on. Invest it im something better. Anything better lol. Buy G16 x2 int and be 5aps in r8r. I have G16 x2 and I use it over my r9rr dags fairly often to survive just about any boss solo.

At the end of the day like I said its your choice, and its hard to let go after so much investment, but the chance of rolling int is just crazy.

Also early next year when the next update hits, we are getting r8s3 (Or at least we should) which re rolls all your stats once more (Still chance of int) so we will have to go through the same damn mother freaking process lolb:angry
    Crafting shiny things since 2008 b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kuroimist - Archosaur
    Kuroimist - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've given up on 100, exactly. As you're going for R9R3 just use that as is it, 3.33 with the current damage output is good enough and fairly easy to keep permasparked.

Rather save some money, that is actually a lot, and use it for refining your rank gears or even to buy them.

b:laugh
    Too lazy to make a signature!
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    you can get a second pair and keep trying on that one ? Or can you only get weapons double ?
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There will be a new r8rR , and it will reroll again if recasted, I think it'd be best to keep it for now and wait until r8rR arrive.
  • matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Keep current roll very good stat me set http://pwcalc.com/a97281c4b040fe02 i prefered PVE (PVM)
  • slupor
    slupor Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    matthew4 wrote: »
    Keep current roll very good stat me set http://pwcalc.com/a97281c4b040fe02 i prefered PVE (PVM)

wow thats pretty insane 2x int on chest and int on boots O.o

I most likely wouldn't have gotten R8R at all if i had known at front it would cost me this much without even getting the -int boots.

I feel like i'll keep the current roll for now and start working on recasting r9 ring, cube neck and r9 armor pieces, untill then the r8r set will do just fine in pve and pvp. And maybe reshape when R8RR comes out, depending if the upgrade from R8R to R8RR is worth it.

Also it wasn't really like i NEEDED the r8r set, i could solo pretty much anything without it just fine.. i just wanted it cuz it seemed like a nice improvement from the standard -int set and saw a lot of sins running around with -int boots. I did the math what it would cost me on average to get -int, just never expected to be this unlucky b:surrender

I will probably always have a mixed feeling about it, sure my damage output with 3.33 is still amazing (easily 2m in 1 spark on ??? bosses) but i'll always feel like i'm not using the maximum potential damage output of my sin