Assassin pvp videos

Gingerpubes - Morai
Gingerpubes - Morai Posts: 69 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Assassin
Hey guys,
I have started makin videos both pve and pvp

I am in no way the best sin but I do have some decent moments.

here is my latest upload, and first pk video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDfNjRTaHbs&feature=youtu.be

I uploaded a NW video, three man squad and we did pretty good!

Long video but some ok moments in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJq71FwYFrI
Post edited by Gingerpubes - Morai on

Comments

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So.. a few tips.

A 40 second intro, no matter how long the video, is never a good idea. Your intro should be short, sweet, and to the point.

Your taste in music could use a little work, the music you use doesn't fit PvP at all.

Speed up your video, it feels like most of it is at .5x speed.

0/10 would not sub or rewatch

Apply what I have just taught you to your next video my child
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Gingerpubes - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Your feed back is, uh, valued.
    Thank you for the view^^
  • xtoraah
    xtoraah Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    He's right, for the most part.

Also, the quality of your clips could use a bit of work too. Zerk crit one shots aren't the most impressive thing to watch. Perhaps some group pvp action as well.
  • Gingerpubes - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Nemesis parade? Next we are going to have Jarkhen in here b:chuckle

Im not sure if you are meaning the actually footage quality or what happens in the video.
    720p isn't ~bad~ quality.

To your comment on zc one shots, at my gear level, that is rrr9+7-10 vs equally geared players zc that one shot are just one of those things, cant really be helped. I could face higher geared players, such as yourself or Urynaz but as Urynaz knows from experience, my gear doesnt make me very competitive and I am often one hit. Im in that awkward middle ground where I have the potential to one shot equally geared players or I am oneshot by the next tier up.

This gear issue also makes it somewhat difficult to get ~good~ group pk footage, as my faction is constantly getting attacked in TW by a larger faction that out gears and outnumbers my faction. I don't really need to tell you two that though do I b:shutup

Thanks for the feed back.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited September 2014
    Nemesis parade? Next we are going to have Jarkhen in here b:chuckle

Im not sure if you are meaning the actually footage quality or what happens in the video.
    720p isn't ~bad~ quality.

To your comment on zc one shots, at my gear level, that is rrr9+7-10 vs equally geared players zc that one shot are just one of those things, cant really be helped. I could face higher geared players, such as yourself or Urynaz but as Urynaz knows from experience, my gear doesnt make me very competitive and I am often one hit. Im in that awkward middle ground where I have the potential to one shot equally geared players or I am oneshot by the next tier up.

This gear issue also makes it somewhat difficult to get ~good~ group pk footage, as my faction is constantly getting attacked in TW by a larger faction that out gears and outnumbers my faction. I don't really need to tell you two that though do I b:shutup

Thanks for the feed back.

I did gear down for you so I was at 17k HP, as well as lose 60 attack levels (no R9rr set bonus and no Jones), you should have been able to compete b:surrender

If you were as skilled as Logan you could actually pose a threat even with +10 daggers. As was said you need to post videos of competitive PvP, something that people can watch for a good minute, rather than a fight that ends in 5 seconds. I used to post videos of being undergeared all the time b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • xtoraah
    xtoraah Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If you were as skilled as Logan you could actually pose a threat even with +10 daggers.

You're mistaken, good sir.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited September 2014
    xtoraah wrote: »
    You're mistaken, good sir.

I meant Minkaa, woops
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I did gear down for you so I was at 17k HP, as well as lose 60 attack levels (no R9rr set bonus and no Jones), you should have been able to compete b:surrender

If you were as skilled as Logan you could actually pose a threat even with +10 daggers. As was said you need to post videos of competitive PvP, something that people can watch for a good minute, rather than a fight that ends in 5 seconds. I used to post videos of being undergeared all the time b:surrender

He has a point. A lot of BM's are +12 axes +10 armor on my server and I can duke it out with them, so long as they dont zc on Star Smite (seriously that **** hurts).

On top of that, horrible choice for PvP songs. People like faster paced PvP simply because it show's a persons skill set in a shorter amount of time, also faster paced music gets people pumped up. Slow dubstep (not even good dubstep at that), is a personal choice I understand, but not fitting for this project. The footage is also slow.

For the PvP itself. The cleric at 1:08 either isn't 3rd cast, or lacks the wep, or is really realy bad with puri procs. It doesn't do you much justice, neither the cleric. Zsw once said that for a 10mins video he does about 3+ hours of recorded footage, with a 3rd of that being group PvP sometimes. It's because he wants to do both players justice. Especially when equally geared.

Record more footage of you fighting opponents with similar gear, or better gear, and give a rundown of what you are fighting (gearwise), also what you are running as far as gear goes. I'll look foward to your next vid.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    idk why people complain about music in a vid unless it's just lulz-worthy. Can just mute that **** and throw on something you like better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    idk why people complain about music in a vid unless it's just lulz-worthy. Can just mute that **** and throw on something you like better.

I don't watch a video for the purpose of muting it. That's like saying if you don't like how a movie was made, remake the movie instead of complaining.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    xtoraah wrote: »
    He's right, for the most part.

I like the music though. Usually i turn it off when i watch PWI videos because i get sick of the standard music choises b:pleased
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm kinda gonna have to agree with Eoria b:surrender. I find it a little silly to "complain" over the music choices because different people will have different tastes. Even if you choose something that "fits PvP" there will be people that won't like it and might even mute it.

For example, somebody once complained about my german medieval music despite it "fitting PvP" so... I think people should just pick whatever they like.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Gingerpubes - Morai
    edited September 2014
    He has a point. A lot of BM's are +12 axes +10 armor on my server and I can duke it out with them, so long as they dont zc on Star Smite (seriously that **** hurts).

On top of that, horrible choice for PvP songs. People like faster paced PvP simply because it show's a persons skill set in a shorter amount of time, also faster paced music gets people pumped up. Slow dubstep (not even good dubstep at that), is a personal choice I understand, but not fitting for this project. The footage is also slow.

For the PvP itself. The cleric at 1:08 either isn't 3rd cast, or lacks the wep, or is really realy bad with puri procs. It doesn't do you much justice, neither the cleric. Zsw once said that for a 10mins video he does about 3+ hours of recorded footage, with a 3rd of that being group PvP sometimes. It's because he wants to do both players justice. Especially when equally geared.

Record more footage of you fighting opponents with similar gear, or better gear, and give a rundown of what you are fighting (gearwise), also what you are running as far as gear goes. I'll look foward to your next vid.

I think you misunderstand the gear difference between me and that bm. he is +10/11/12 full vit stones and him saying he geared down, as if it was a planned 1v1 and not him trying to farm kill me for like the eighth time that day is just his way of trying to make me look bad.

I chose the music from music I like, and I think it went well with the project as a whole. I may have over reached my ability to edit but as I am very new to this after all.

That cleric you are talking about is +11/12 fully jaded with NW upgrades but he is new to pvp, I believe
    I like the music though. Usually i turn it off when i watch PWI videos because i get sick of the standard music choises b:pleased

At least not everybody hates it b:chuckle

Desdi and Eoria, some people just like to complain, I suppose.

Thanks for the support :)
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited September 2014

Uh.. You DO realize that's a Sword/Pole skill right? Most BMs don't refine those very high, and they're almost never zerk weapons these days.

Diitz needs to be more like that Zanryu guy, he was pretty cool. Posted videos of him fighting people who outgeared him and had pretty good music. I love that guy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Gingerpubes - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Urynaz, you do realize everybody in that video out gears me, right?

Shoo, troll.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited September 2014
    I think you misunderstand the gear difference between me and that bm. he is +10/11/12 full vit stones and him saying he geared down, as if it was a planned 1v1 and not him trying to farm kill me for like the eighth time that day is just his way of trying to make me look bad.

Uhh.. u wot m8

I was referring to a different fight, where I removed my helm, cape, and bracers to fight you. In the fight you recorded I was fully geared, but wasn't trying very hard. I think we actually pmed after that fight. I don't have to try to make you look bad, you've proven very capable of doing it on your own in the past.

I chose the music from music I like, and I think it went well with the project as a whole. I may have over reached my ability to edit but as I am very new to this after all.

It's fine to choose music you like, I do the same, though it's always a plus if the music you like is actually good. For this type of video when it comes to editing, less is more. You don't need to do anything fancy for a PvP video. Edit out any weak fights or ones that just aren't entertaining, cut out the parts where you sit around buffing or whatever, put in a transition or two if that's your thing, throw on some music and bam. Done.

Urynaz, you do realize everybody in that video out gears me, right?

Shoo, troll.

I'm not the person to say that to. You know, since before coming to Archosaur I almost exclusively fought people with better gear than me. Gear, or lack thereof has nothing to do with how well you play your class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Madebyvisa - Raging Tide
    Madebyvisa - Raging Tide Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    cool vid i liked the music too b:cute it didn't have much actual pvp in it i admit or was just cuto to the point of deaths idk.. but edit wise i enjoyed it...

as for fighting a bm thats stoopid enugh to p marrow > condensed thron > http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/11355
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    cool vid i liked the music too b:cute it didn't have much actual pvp in it i admit or was just cuto to the point of deaths idk.. but edit wise i enjoyed it...

as for fighting a bm thats stoopid enugh to p marrow > condensed thron > http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/11355

why wood and not water just curious.
    condensed thorn does not stack with the water version of that appo?

To Gingerpubes next time put ponies music! people here seems to love that!b:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh
    or else they gonna complain!
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
    edited September 2014
    Uh.. You DO realize that's a Sword/Pole skill right? Most BMs don't refine those very high, and they're almost never zerk weapons these days.

Diitz needs to be more like that Zanryu guy, he was pretty cool. Posted videos of him fighting people who outgeared him and had pretty good music. I love that guy!

I don't know why I was thinking Star smite. It's the new Highland cleave upgrade. A BM that was doing 4ks on me (+12 r9rr axe), popped me for 19k on zc with it.

Seriously i almost pissed myself because it was so random.b:chuckle

I have a collection of some 64 thousand songs, ranging from hardstyle to nu-disco. I like listening to people music choices, it says a lot about them. Also I prefer to listen to new music, for that same reason above in a video. I want the whole experience, not half of it.

To Gingerpubes next time put ponies music! people here seems to love that!b:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh

The wood apo adds the most damage, and no, the water one won't stack.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited September 2014

If an Assassin uses a wood pot that makes them much easier to kill, it takes away their access to apothecary which is what ends up saving them in most cases. You get hit harder, but they can't gain some form of immunity to damage or CC once their tidal is down aside from genie allowing you to lock them down and finish them.

I tested the difference between phys marrow, no marrow, and mag marrow against a wood pot and no wood pot ages ago, it came out to be that physical marrow was still the most effective option though this was pre-NH. Should probably test again, though nobody really has wood pots. Your point is moot though, since Diitz doesn't have anywhere close to the damage needed to kill me in the first place, or the gear to survive me without apothecary+genie should I lock him down.

There's only one Assassin on this server so far that's proven to be a challenge, I'm sorry but Minkaa is the one true sin god of Archosaur and even I fear his power.

:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited September 2014
    If an Assassin uses a wood pot that makes them much easier to kill, it takes away their access to apothecary which is what ends up saving them in most cases. You get hit harder, but they can't gain some form of immunity to damage or CC once their tidal is down aside from genie allowing you to lock them down and finish them.

I tested the difference between phys marrow, no marrow, and mag marrow against a wood pot and no wood pot ages ago, it came out to be that physical marrow was still the most effective option though this was pre-NH. Should probably test again, though nobody really has wood pots. Your point is moot though, since Diitz doesn't have anywhere close to the damage needed to kill me in the first place, or the gear to survive me without apothecary+genie should I lock him down.

There's only one Assassin on this server so far that's proven to be a challenge, I'm sorry but Minkaa is the one true sin god of Archosaur and even I fear his power.

:(

judging by all that ... man you got some crappy sins there b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited September 2014
    judging by all that ... man you got some crappy sins there b:shocked

This was +12 Jades vs +12 Garnet sharded daggers. Though yes, Archo has very bad Assassins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Gingerpubes - Morai
    edited September 2014

Thanks for the feed back :D
    Any suggestions from you of what you would like to see in future videos?

Anybody feel free to suggest things you would like to see, pve or pvp.

To Gingerpubes next time put ponies music! people here seems to love that!b:laughb:laugh

I don't understand this obsession with ponies, I have 5 of the damn things out my bedroom window b:chuckle
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the feed back :D
    Any suggestions from you of what you would like to see in future videos?

Anybody feel free to suggest things you would like to see, pve or pvp.

I don't understand this obsession with ponies, I have 5 of the damn things out my bedroom window b:chuckle

Pve vids = hella boring all pve stuff is so easy to solo these days. More pvp wud be my suggestion with less cutting in a sense .. i mean showing just the final deathblow is cool too esp. When u hit outrageous numbers... but it is more profitable to yourself and others if u showcase the whole fight.. or find ppl that last longer than one elimination cycle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2014

I tested the difference between phys marrow, no marrow, and mag marrow against a wood pot and no wood pot ages ago, it came out to be that physical marrow was still the most effective option though this was pre-NH.

Go home Zanryu, you're drunk. The consensus was no marrow, not phys marrow.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
    edited September 2014
    Pve vids = hella boring all pve stuff is so easy to solo these days. More pvp wud be my suggestion with less cutting in a sense .. i mean showing just the final deathblow is cool too esp. When u hit outrageous numbers... but it is more profitable to yourself and others if u showcase the whole fight.. or find ppl that last longer than one elimination cycle.

Maybe i should pk some. Am I the only sin without elimination these days?b:cry The cashers and rich people on my server always outbid me by stupid amounts on Sage Puncture.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Am I the only sin without elimination these days?b:cry

We probably still have a couple that haven't bit the bullet and just shelled out 100m for the skill, but those are sins I wouldn't really worry about regardless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited September 2014
    Go home Zanryu, you're drunk. The consensus was no marrow, not phys marrow.

u wot m8?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2014
    physical marrow was still the most effective option

u wot m8???
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin