Can enter though portal from Sky Pirate.

Azura - Lost City
Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
So this is the 2nd time in a row I find the bloody pirate, kill it and then I can't enter though the portal.

<rant>Like it's really easy to find him, so it doesn't matter if for some unknown reason you can't enter the stupid portal twice in a row...</rant>

Anyone know why, or what be causing this? I have entered before, but now I can't enter.
Post edited by Azura - Lost City on

Comments

• Titoto - Raging Tide
    Titoto - Raging Tide Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't think you should actually kill it, It ports you in when its HP is around half atleast that's what happened to me
    My forum avatar has been through so many changes by itself it's not even funny -.-
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    yea killing it does nothing to get you in, you just need to hit it once or twice and be near enough to port.
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    u're too fat
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So this is the 2nd time in a row I find the bloody pirate, kill it and then I can't enter though the portal.

<rant>Like it's really easy to find him, so it doesn't matter if for some unknown reason you can't enter the stupid portal twice in a row...</rant>

Anyone know why, or what be causing this? I have entered before, but now I can't enter.

weird, that always happens to venos it seems, even on my server, do you use bleed or something?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    weird, that always happens to venos it seems, even on my server, do you use bleed or something?

No, I just use my harpy, which has no bleed.

I didn't know you didn't have to kill it. So, I just hit it once or twice? What if i don't hit it at all?
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    About those saying you don't have to kill it, I partly agree.

My first/last time doing Sky Pirate Drake, we were like a 8-people squad, found it, signet, killed and entered portal, I think only 1 if any was left out, all the rest of us got in different rooms and could the the digs perfectly, there was no veno in squad in case it matters
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited September 2014

I didn't know you didn't have to kill it. So, I just hit it once or twice? What if i don't hit it at all?

Someone said that it aggo's people around it. So just make sure you aren't ranging from to far away.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    At least you all can find it....

I've never been able to.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited September 2014

oh, gratz to the harpy! anyway, ive never killed it, usually we wait for all friends to be there and then just hit it - we dont even come to a point where it could die (and our dmg isnt low i suppose) but we all group up together around the person that aggros first.

maybe it aggrod your pet and the pet was too far away?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    all the rest of us got in different rooms and could the the digs perfectly, there was no veno in squad in case it matters
    What are you trying to say? b:angry

The only time I met it I also didn't get into the portal. It died, but some of squad members managed to enter the instance nevertheless. Some didn't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    Metalogue - Archosaur Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The first time I had found it, I was worried that killing it too quickly would make it glitch due to the red text about him escaping. He has to deal damage to somebody (it will be 1 damage) and it will be to the first person that hits it. Only one person should hit it with slow and normal auto attacks to be safe.

This is exactly like Tuesdays (I think?) marriage quest with the spiders - if you 1shot the spiders before they can attack you, the giant one will never show up.

As far as not being able to enter, either there is a 10-person limit inside the instance, or it's hit-or-miss with getting into the portal. You just have to keep flying in/through it over and over if you aren't ported immediately.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As stated above, someone has to actually aggro the drake, or he won't spawn the portal (you aggro by getting close to him; hitting him from range doesn't count); and there is indeed a 10-person limit on the portal -- after that, nobody else can enter.

Additionally, the portal's hitbox is weird -- I've had the most luck trying to fly under it instead of directly through it, though it's still a pain and your mileage may vary.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]