9.18.14 Network Maintenance [Servers Up]

Comments

• sweetambrosia
    sweetambrosia Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I say those online dont get comp for this only those that can not get only. Have to be fair....

You think they are going to compensate us? lmao
  • MetalDice - Raging Tide
    MetalDice - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yes they better other wise they will end up lossing the last bit of players they have left who cash shop. That i know of. I talking the big name players
  • mortiscorvus
    mortiscorvus Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    SweetieBot report server status please
  • sweetambrosia
    sweetambrosia Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Some on the East coast can play. I'm talking to two people who are online right now while i stare at the log in screen telling me the East coast servers are down.

We must be the "lepers", no PWI for us! We must not have bought enough zen. O.O I'm at zero zen bought so that might be why I can't log on! lol Just joking. Who knows why we can't log, maybe a hub that we use is down.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    SweetieBot report server status please
    Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 146ms)
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 121ms)
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 141ms)
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 203ms)

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 110ms)
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 67ms)
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 230ms)

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): ONLINE (Ping: 188ms)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Raigata - Harshlands
    Raigata - Harshlands Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yes they better other wise they will end up lossing the last bit of players they have left who cash shop. That i know of. I talking the big name players

agreed maybe an S card pack (the one that guarantees an S card) :P
    b:angry let destruction reign supreame b:angry
  • Hunkary - Dreamweaver
    Hunkary - Dreamweaver Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    agreed maybe an S card pack (the one that guarantees an S card) :P

That would be a S Chest then.
    And good job PWI! b:angry
    105/105/103

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/Hunkary - PWI Videos!

TW, NW, PvE and PvP videos :D
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    what the actual **** ? its been down all day long b:angry
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • handtuch19
    handtuch19 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    b:angryb:angryb:angry ** da rules
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    those poor souls that already went to bed (depending on timezone) that were never able to "check in" b:sad i hope for them that we ll get "absence notes" before this month ends.
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • Hunkary - Dreamweaver
    Hunkary - Dreamweaver Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    those poor souls that already went to bed (depending on timezone) that were never able to "check in" b:sad i hope for them that we ll get "absence notes" before this month ends.

Check in isn't the big issue here.
    What about all dailies? FSP? PVs? b:surrender
    105/105/103

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/Hunkary - PWI Videos!

TW, NW, PvE and PvP videos :D
  • MedAlert - Raging Tide
    MedAlert - Raging Tide Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Any idea when they will be working properly Sparkie?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014

Short answer: Nope.

Longer answer: Read the first post or click the link in red for a funny version of what the first post says.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited September 2014

None yet, haven't heard back from the team checking it out. Our East Coast servers are located in Boston, so unless there is people already there (should be), we'd have to send someone out to get everything squared away.

That said, there should be people there working on it. Only a matter of time before I get an update on when it will be fixed or if any new issues arose.
  • garbok187
    garbok187 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i hope it too that we get anything for this trouble i cant do my dailies cant do Ressource Tw cant help
    ppl with stuff and and and...and i dont wanna hear again " we r working on it" its all bla bla bla...
    Never change a runing System!
  • Keyborne - Raging Tide
    Keyborne - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i guess the more stable servers PWI recently upgraded to were time limited like much of its in-game items and game playability huh? o.o
  • Cristalwhite - Harshlands
    Cristalwhite - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    None yet, haven't heard back from the team checking it out.
    They are lost ! b:shocked

Send a rescue Team !b:sad
  • opkossy
    edited September 2014
    i guess the more stable servers PWI recently upgraded to were time limited like much of its in-game items and game playability huh? o.o

The game's servers are fine. It's networking. Totally different thing.

It's like the difference between your computer and your modem. The computer can be totally fine, running perfectly, no problems, etc while the modem is on the fritz and giving you internet issues.
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sparky what was this update about ? Sorry for all the people conplaining to you but thats the only thing i havnt seen asked yet.
  • Rez_Eerecktt - Raging Tide
    Rez_Eerecktt - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    b:surrender
    Hey all,

Tomorrow morning from 6AM - 10AM PDT, there will be a system wide network maintenance going on (not server), so you may experiencing some connection issues during that time. It will not last for very long, and we expect only login issues to occur.

We will update this post once the network maintenance is completed.

Update 1: We had no internal internet all morning. We finally got access back.
    Update 2: East Coast servers are still experiencing issues after the maintenance. We are looking in to it.
  • OmegaToth - Harshlands
    OmegaToth - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »

It's like the difference between your computer and your modem. The computer can be totally fine, running perfectly, no problems, etc while the modem is on the fritz and giving you internet issues.

maybe dont put the modem not anymore on the fritz...they dont make a good couple anyway..i heard hans is free looking for frisky modems.
  • Keyborne - Raging Tide
    edited September 2014

isnt it a server issue if i dcd a while ago for the ongoing issues but the server kept my account online and i lost 40+ minutes of a timed quest? How is it not a server issue if you dc on the game client but not from the server?

( not overstating it either.. picked up morai timed and dcd while flying to mobs.. finally logged back in and 17 minutes left on timer )
  • opkossy
    edited September 2014
    isnt it a server issue if i dcd a while ago for the ongoing issues but the server kept my account online and i lost 40+ minutes of a timed quest? How is it not a server issue if you dc on the game client but not from the server?

( not overstating it either.. picked up morai timed and dcd while flying to mobs.. finally logged back in and 17 minutes left on timer )

Nah. That's a good example of what I mean about it being the network and not the server.

Were it a server issue, what would have happened is you'd DC, server says you aren't there, and that's the end of it.

But since the servers are up and running fine, what's going on is your connection to the servers is on the fritz and that's what this entire thing is about. So you DC due to the connection problems, but you had never sent the server any signals that you were logging off. So as far as the functional server is concerned, you're still online and are just standing still. But since you're having issues actually connecting to the server, you yourself are unable to take any action to send the server a message that you aren't there anymore and need to log off/be moved/etc.

For another example, think of a game that has both an online and offline mode. The online mode is an example of networking because if something's wrong with your internet or connection, you won't be able to use it. The offline mode is an example of the server itself (in this scenario) as even if you're having those internet problems, you can still run it offline just fine without any issues.

In short, networking is the path to get to a server. Hence why some people are online and completely unaffected right now while others can't even get on. When the server itself causes a problem, it would affect everyone universally and nobody would be able to get on like what happens when the main map crashes and people get stuck in instances.
  • Keyborne - Raging Tide
    edited September 2014
    .. you DC due to the connection problems, but you had never sent the server any signals that you were logging off. So as far as the functional server is concerned, you're still online and are just standing still. But since you're having issues actually connecting to the server, you yourself are unable to take any action to send the server a message that you aren't there anymore and need to log off/be moved/etc.

thats where it gets confusing. how is this dc different from any other ( non issue related ) dc in the past where my toon "logs out" of the game after 10 sec- 1min of my client being dc'd due to some internet/network issue?
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited September 2014

If its networking why then just east servers are down for me and others? Why I can see west and morai servers working perfectly?Why arent all showing offline if its networking?
    giphy.gif

• tek1nig
    edited September 2014
    Up for me now :D
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• opkossy
    edited September 2014
    If its networking why then just east servers are down for me and others? Why I can see west and morai servers working perfectly?Why arent all showing offline if its networking?
    Because, as the news post about this stated, this is just for the East Coast servers.
    thats where it gets confusing. how is this dc different from any other ( non issue related ) dc in the past where my toon "logs out" of the game after 10 sec- 1min of my client being dc'd due to some internet/network issue?
    Basically, what normally happens is that either both the server and the network are fine, or the server is offline. In the former scenario, the server has no issues getting your signal (or sudden lack of one) and reacts appropriately. During a usual hub-related DC, the network communicates to the server that you went poof and the server acknowledges that by you going poof ingame. In this case, though, the server and network aren't working together like they should because the network is actively being fiddled with. So you and some others are running into the network suddenly going "LOL NOPE" and being unable to get in, DCing, or lagging badly. The server, running properly the way it should be, is thinking that what the network is telling it is still right... and the network's busy spazzing out not telling it accurate info about everyone who should be connected or not connected. And, of course, since this somewhat varies based on the route each player uses to connect to the server, some people are experiencing the issue in the worst ways while others have been on all day without any problems and may not even be aware the network is undergoing maintenance.

General rule of thumb: Server issues affect everyone, network issues only affect some.
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited September 2014
    Servers should be fully up by now. Let me know if you still have issues.
  • tek1nig
    edited September 2014
    Servers should be fully up by now. Let me know if you still have issues.

I'm unable to connect. I noticed a severe sort of lag, not originating from my connection. More of a packet loss almost originating from the server. And its giving me the same error as earlier "unable to connect"
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• tmllover
    tmllover Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tek1nig wrote: »

I'm unable to connect. I noticed a severe sort of lag, not originating from my connection. More of a packet loss almost originating from the server. And its giving me the same error as earlier "unable to connect"

Did you call out for Justice and peace?
    If that doesnt help, toss one of your pokeballs at it and it should work.