frozen flame damage incorrect

Boomz - Harshlands
Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Quality Corner
i'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but i believe it hasn't, the primal skill reads as following for sage:

Channel blasts of both fire and ice magic, releasing
them in rapid succession against your foe. Each blast
deals base magic damage plus 800% of weapon damage plus 9779.
The ice blast slows the target by 80% for 6 seconds.
The fire blast has a 50% chance to stun the target for 4 seconds.

According to this, each blast for me should be hitting an enemy roughly as hard as black ice dragon strike, however instead each blast does not even hit as hard as gush. Most likely the coding is incorrect and instead of 100% base for each blast it is being shared between both incorrectly, gm please look into this and report it to the devs in china.
░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
Post edited by Boomz - Harshlands on

Comments

• XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but i believe it hasn't, the primal skill reads as following for sage:

Channel blasts of both fire and ice magic, releasing
    them in rapid succession against your foe. Each blast
    deals base magic damage plus 800% of weapon damage plus 9779.
    The ice blast slows the target by 80% for 6 seconds.
    The fire blast has a 50% chance to stun the target for 4 seconds.

According to this, each blast for me should be hitting an enemy roughly as hard as black ice dragon strike, however instead each blast does not even hit as hard as gush. Most likely the coding is incorrect and instead of 100% base for each blast it is being shared between both incorrectly, gm please look into this and report it to the devs in china.

yup, dont know how it is intended to be in china, but coding is incorrect per description

anyways i believe this section is quite a farce since they won't fix anything besides translation\localization errors
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It actually came up some time ago and the text is wrong, it seems the damage is 400% fire damage plus 400% water damage (so 800%).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    edited September 2014
    It actually came up some time ago and the text is wrong, it seems the damage is 400% fire damage plus 400% water damage (so 800%).

That is incorrect because the damage difference is much greater than 400% weapon damage on mobs (me with a +12 weapon that would be about 10,000 damage), it is cutting the base damage significantly because the damage difference is easily over 50,000+ on mobs between this move and say BIDS
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You have to look at the original chinese text to know the devs intentions. English descriptions have had plenty of translation mistakes.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    edited September 2014
    bump for justice
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    edited September 2014
    bump!
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄