Meridian issue

TZoner - Raging Tide
TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Quality Corner
So I have without a doubt logged onto PWI every day. For over a month easy. Apparently if you forget to do your meridian gates every day it resets back to 1 try and says you have been logged onto PWI only 1 day continuously even if you have been logged on more. So just for clarification is meridian not synced to the calander/check in daily properly or is this some kind of bug? Or am I just entirely wrong and there is some other issue here. Either way it says i have only logged on one day continuously and that is wrong....i should still be able to have 5 of my attempts each day even if i forget to do my meridian the day before. Can someone please explain to me whats wrong here?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by TZoner - Raging Tide on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2014
    Might open a ticket on that as an issue with that account. I haven't experienced it on any of my accounts and I hardly ever remember to do Meridian on some of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Meridian's reset time is indeed not synched up with the check-in reset time. Meridian's reset time is 8 pm server time while check-in is 12 am server time. You could not log in the whole day but do log in just before server reset, you'll be on just in time to get the check-in of that day but to late for the meridian to register for that day and it will reset the counter on it.

You have to log in before 8 pm server time if you want meridian to keep up the streak.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Meridian's reset time is indeed not synched up with the check-in reset time. Meridian's reset time is 8 pm server time while check-in is 12 am server time. You could not log in the whole day but do log in just before server reset, you'll be on just in time to get the check-in of that day but to late for the meridian to register for that day and it will reset the counter on it.

You have to log in before 8 pm server time if you want meridian to keep up the streak.

This. Meridian, like hypers, isn't synched up to server reset for some reason and can be missed even if logged in consecutively because of it. Not really a bug, but still fairly annoying if you aren't able to always be on at around the same time each day.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    This. Meridian, like hypers, isn't synched up to server reset for some reason and can be missed even if logged in consecutively because of it. Not really a bug, but still fairly annoying if you aren't able to always be on at around the same time each day.

They're aligned to midnight UTC, instead of midnight server time. Likely just an oversight on the developer's part.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    PWE should consider some how synching meridian consecutive log ins with the calender log ins...i mean it just makes sense and would stop stuff like this from happening. I WOULD submit a ticket but i have a good feeling they will not do anything and ill just be SoL anyways. Thanks for all the input though.....just gotta log in and do meridian consecutively each day i guess before 8 pm. It's almost like they expect us to have NO life and use PWI at their discretion rather than make at least some effort to work with people with a life. ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    PWE should consider some how synching meridian consecutive log ins with the calender log ins...i mean it just makes sense and would stop stuff like this from happening. I WOULD submit a ticket but i have a good feeling they will not do anything and ill just be SoL anyways. Thanks for all the input though.....just gotta log in and do meridian consecutively each day i guess before 8 pm. It's almost like they expect us to have NO life and use PWI at their discretion rather than make at least some effort to work with people with a life. ijs

PWE is neither practically nor legally capable of implementing a change like that.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    .just gotta log in and do meridian consecutively each day i guess before 8 pm. It's almost like they expect us to have NO life and use PWI at their discretion rather than make at least some effort to work with people with a life. ijs
    Or just log in after 8pm everyday and do it, then you don't have to until after 8pm the next day.
    Whats the difference? None....you can do it whenever you want within the 24 hours, start of it or end doesn't matter. If you do it between 8pm and 12am, which is when you seem to want to, it will still count as both attendance and meridian, one will be at the start of its 24hours and the other at the end of its 24hours.