Sage Parasitic Nova

Options
ErisedDeSang - Sanctuary
ErisedDeSang - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Quality Corner
Ive been having an issue with my sage parasitic nova. I dont know if anyone else is having the same issue but... when I hit the skill (yes I have enough chi to use it) sometimes it goes off and sometiems it doesn't. Regardless of if the skill actually executes, my chi is gone and the skill goes into cool down. There are no graphics for it when this happens and mobs/people are not affected. This has been happening for a while now and I though that maybe it was something that was intended, however in NW last night I saw a demon veno who's nova hit every single time she used it and it had graphics. Anyone else having this issue as well?
Post edited by ErisedDeSang - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I think what you're experiencing is a thing that happens to a lot of skills when they are suddenly interrupted yet they are registered as "going off" thus burning chi (if they use chi) and going on cooldown.

It happens a lot when you're attacking or using a fox debuff skill on someone who uses AD/immunity or dies (same for mobs). I don't know if this is limited to Venomancers only or if it happens to other classes. Venomancer attacks (except Lucky Scarab) are projectile. They have a delay when they hit. Because of that Venomancers get to experience that more often.

Fight someone and use Lucky Scarab and observe when/how it hits. Then try it again with any other skill like Redstone, Noxious Gas, Parasitic Nova etc.

The fact that the skill goes on cooldown/burns chi wheninterrupted is probably a bug. The fact that Venomancer attacks (minus Lucky Scarab) have delays is probably intended.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    This has been happening to me since I upgraded to the sage version of it. It actually has made me use nova less and I rather regret getting the sage now because of it.
    What actually happens is if you target dies after you hit the skill, the chi will still be consumed and it will go on c/d regardless if you even got a chance to channel the spell. Same thing happens on my wizards's demon BID and the the frozen flame. Not sure about other skills.
    It really does suck and I do think the skills should be properly interrupted and not for c/d and consumed chi to trigger, or, but this wouldn't be the most fortunate solution, for the skill to trigger with animation and all, like mystic's gale force casts even with the target dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ErisedDeSang - Sanctuary
    ErisedDeSang - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    No Desdi this is happening in instances as well. It happens a lot and Im not interupted, or I dont get the chat saying I've been interrupted anyway. The skill just doesn't execute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    No Desdi this is happening in instances as well. It happens a lot and Im not interupted, or I dont get the chat saying I've been interrupted anyway. The skill just doesn't execute

I'm not talking about the interrupt you get when a player or a mob interrupts you and it says "Interrupted".

It's a different kind of interruption which affects mostly ultis of classes.

I've experienced what you describe with my own skills (especially Nova). No animation (sometimes), skill goes on cooldown and chi is consumed (if the skill uses chi). I think what you should do is observe when it happens to your Nova to determine whether it is more faulty that the rest of the skills that do this.

This thread here reported the same bug if you want to take a look. The reason it happens is mainly because of this.

At least I'm getting the impression you're experiencing this particular bug. If it's something else you might have to be more specific or see if you can find a few examples (GMs will probably need it so they can test it themselves).
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I'm not talking about the interrupt you get when a player or a mob interrupts you and it says "Interrupted".

It's a different kind of interruption which affects mostly ultis of classes.

I've experienced what you describe with my own skills (especially Nova). No animation (sometimes), skill goes on cooldown and chi is consumed (if the skill uses chi). I think what you should do is observe when it happens to your Nova to determine whether it is more faulty that the rest of the skills that do this.

This thread here reported the same bug if you want to take a look. The reason it happens is mainly because of this.

At least I'm getting the impression you're experiencing this particular bug. If it's something else you might have to be more specific or see if you can find a few examples (GMs will probably need it so they can test it themselves).

Not sure about that, lvl 10 never ever reacted like that, it's only the sage version (maybe demons have this problem also, no clue).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]