Sep. 24, pw2 will be released in CN (official news), updating

Options

Comments

• XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    > that def thing

ahah well i guess the game wasnt designed for all classes to all reach cap res values xD
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    *Remembers a time when soulforce was a class specific trait*

>.>;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Why are people arguing the semantics of PWII, PW2 and whatnot? Yeah, this is technically the 2nd version. Its not a sequel though.
    Sometimes sequel numbers don't make sense. Been happening for years in many franchises.
    Maybe Wanmei named it PW2 because its the 2nd iteration of the f2p version? Or maybe because the story is actually a sequel? Or maybe Valve started hacking other gaming companies to prevent usage of the number 3, since they have such a problem with it.
    Who really cares what its called? What matters is the content.

ahhaha you made me genuinely lol

PW2 is a 3-letter word
    PW2 will be released the 3rd week of september
    PW2 will have 6 races in total and 2 new classes, 6 \ 2 = 3

all these confirmations D:

half life 3 confirmed
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Closer to an expansion than a new game now, the cm mentioned upgraded stuffs we're familiar from this pw. I doubt if a new game will copy exactly the same stuffs, then there'd be no point in making a new game.

Why new races always get all the op stuffs , sin with stealth and aps, psy with op buff and insane damage, though SK and MS aren't too favourite other than for pve purpose for some ppl , but it goes on again with this new race, moving channel skill. I think it's kinda like a buff that makes them can cast all skills while moving, just like seeker's -ct skill, we'll see about that.

I just hope the classes that will have different appearances will not look worse, that'd be sad or weird b:chuckle
    11) new caster class image is goddess and little child
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Pretty condifdent it's an expansion now they mentioned R8R upgrades.

About the whole 6th class starting area suspicions:
    The main map has this blocked area south of EG/west of TB starterareas, any guesses the floating city will be there? (landscape sure shows promise) and it would make the main map a rectangle again instead of this small corner where the TB is hiding in :P
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    If it's a new game then fine, I like PWI as it is.
    If it's an expansion, meh, it will be new and i'll see if I like it even though the combat mode will change (or so it was said) and it's the only thing that is not appealing to me right now, but, maybe I will like it.

Now, my question is, no more primal skills. Does that mean there won't be any upgrades to what we can already get with blood or does it mean primal skills will be gone?
    I am guessing the first, but if it the was the second... yeah xD

Mr. Justice
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I miss an impostant info in that post

Question: what is the hero in new version.

PWCN CM: You can be regarded as a representative of the professional features and character or hero, when mentioned him, you will think this career.

in my understanding, heroes problelly just NPC b:surrender
    Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Lets think logic here: if its a new game and not an expansion why they shown to the public only 2 classes.? Why they havent shown all 12 classes.? Cause if it will be a whole new game with the 10 classes from PW1 and only 2 new classes that will suck so bad.
    giphy.gif

• Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    attackerv wrote: »
    They called new race as Long

'Bout time PWI did a tribute to me.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    'Bout time PWI did a tribute to me.

b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    giphy.gif

• freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    =========09/08 updated========

though no more news in site but there is a Q/A post in pwcn forum by CM

there are some info in that post but not too much, maybe CM can't give more info cuz company rule

1) pwcn CM called pw2 as new version ( i still believe it is a new expansion)

2) R8R and morai gear will be upgraded, upgrade mat droped from new FB

3) big change for lvl quest, get more exp from quest

4) new classes gears are LA and AA

5) little change for faction base FB

6) no change in card in new version

7) little change for old skills. veno bramble will depend on soul force, like psy

8) no more new skills learned by blood

9) moving channel skill only on new caster class.

10) new version will increase def

11) new caster class image is goddess and little child

there is all info I collect from that post. BTW, don't compare pwcn CM with pwi CM. PWCN CM surely have more internal info from developer. Sparki did a good job here. b:kiss

Could you please post the link to it ? I can't seem to find any new news about PW2 on their forum, it's the same concept arts we've all seen all over the place. Might be a good place to check back often in case there's anything new later on.
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    nbreaking wrote: »
    If it's an expansion, meh, it will be new and i'll see if I like it even though the combat mode will change (or so it was said) and it's the only thing that is not appealing to me right now, but, maybe I will like it.

Now, my question is, no more primal skills. Does that mean there won't be any upgrades to what we can already get with blood or does it mean primal skills will be gone?
    I am guessing the first, but if it the was the second... yeah xD

There is no information about combat mode changing drasticly, only people starting a crapstorm of speculations because the announcement mentioned a class-unique trait (moving while casting a skill) and people took that as every class, every skill, new combat system like NW/swordsman, "oh em gee panic cause need skills now to actually hit someone"-kind of panic.
    I do expect some changes ofcourse, but it would still be a lot like the old ways.

No confirmation yet, but one more week till PWCN testservers will show us the Truth (just gotta get mine running now xD stuck on patching it>>)

I assume they meant no more new primal skills, meaning lv10 passives stay max level, and no new lv12 class-skills
  • attackerv
    edited September 2014
    Options
    freygin wrote: »
    Could you please post the link to it ? I can't seem to find any new news about PW2 on their forum, it's the same concept arts we've all seen all over the place. Might be a good place to check back often in case there's anything new later on.

Here u go

http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/thread-2480625-1-1.html
    Main Chars in tidewell:
  • archoeyrda#7167
    archoeyrda#7167 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Perfect World 2 - in-game screenshots revealed.

Floating city as mentioned before :
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/140909/10021410227046807.jpg

http://w2i.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/140909/10021410227047458.jpg

http://w2i.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/140909/10021410227048025.jpg

http://w2i.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/140909/10021410227048524.jpg

New class' weapons concept arts: http://w2i.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/140909/10021410228111337.jpg

http://w2i.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/140909/10021410228112021.jpg

http://w2i.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/140909/10021410228113150.jpg

http://w2i.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/140909/10021410228113641.jpg

I'm underwhelmed :/ Nothing changed except for a bit revamped by the shadowlands III engine, I was expecting more (at least like Swordsman's visuals). It seems that they didn't use the angelica 3, but same as Jade Dynasty's graphic engine (Destroyer IV).
  • glaesum
    glaesum Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    breaking news about update)

http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20140909/73503.shtml

Start zone & weapons.

So, officially, it brings agi and arcane classes.

But difference between new melee class and sin... ?!
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam
  • glaesum
    glaesum Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    upd.

Also I remember this world map:

http://w2i.178.com/201309/174252911838.html

In this case, there're at least 7 races (mythology.. etc), and if current get metal (as type of magic for arcane class), next get fire.

Now:

Earth x2 (wiz, psy)
    Water x2 (wiz, psy)
    Wood x2 (veno, myst)

Metal x1 (cler) ... ? +1 new class ?
    Fire x1 (wiz)
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    glaesum wrote: »
    upd.

Also I remember this world map:

http://w2i.178.com/201309/174252911838.html

In this case, there're at least 7 races (mythology.. etc), and if current get metal (as type of magic for arcane class), next get fire.

Now:

Earth x2 (wiz, psy)
    Water x2 (wiz, psy)
    Wood x2 (veno, myst)

Metal x1 (cler) ... ? +1 new class ?
    Fire x1 (wiz)

Well, seekers can be considered as semi-metal mage
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Ty guys/gals! b:thanks

Actually, I considered water element for the arcane class, as their race has something to do with the Moon and you know the Moon = tides and water etc. but we already have 2 classes that deals water damage. I expect fire element for the new class.

I'm so happy now, it's a new expansion b:dirty
    Well, seekers can be considered as semi-metal mage

Not to mention Mystics also deals metal and fire thanks to Storm Mistress and Cragglord.

Tideborn --> Earth and water.
    Earthguard --> Metal and wood (with no summons).
    *New race* --> Fire?
  • attackerv
    edited September 2014
    Options
    ==============09/08 updated===========

some introduction new classes and their weapons

new melee ( like a sin): OP dmg output, can quickly reach enemy, move quickly, instant moving, avoid(or reduce) range attack skill

new caster: channel while moving, control( one of them is slow), have healing and immune (don't say immune what) skill.

Honestly, if heroes just NPCs, nothing expectation to me. b:sad

until now, seems new expansion = 2 new classes b:surrender
    Main Chars in tidewell:
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I think I cracked the code.

The flying island, the need for a different element type for the caster, the new hero.'

Gaia will be on the floating island, the new element will be heart, and by their powers combined, we will have our new hero.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I think I cracked the code.

The flying island, the need for a different element type for the caster, the new hero.'

Gaia will be on the floating island, the new element will be heart, and by their powers combined, we will have our new hero.

Gooooooooooo PLANET!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    ==============09/08 updated===========

some introduction new classes and their weapons

new melee ( like a sin): OP dmg output, can quickly reach enemy, move quickly, instant moving, avoid(or reduce) range attack skill

new caster: channel while moving, control( one of them is slow), have healing and immune (don't say immune what) skill.

Honestly, if heroes just NPCs, nothing expectation to me. b:sad

until now, seems new expansion = 2 new classes b:surrender

So this new race... OP dmg output (sin got it), quickly reach enemie (sin got it), more quickly (sin got it), instant moving (sin got it) avoid range attack skill (new race's Tidal?)

This new LA race seems like it will nerf archer's and posibly casters even more, fml... stupid game balance between classes completly broken and as usual, crushing archers QQ

attackerv ain't it like a lot of QQ on PWCN about archers being half useless on endgame pvp nowadays? Just curious as I don't understand a word in chinese
  • archoeyrda#7167
    archoeyrda#7167 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    So this new race... OP dmg output (sin got it), quickly reach enemie (sin got it), more quickly (sin got it), instant moving (sin got it) avoid range attack skill (new race's Tidal?)

This new LA race seems like it will nerf archer's and posibly casters even more, fml... stupid game balance between classes completly broken and as usual, crushing archers QQ

attackerv ain't it like a lot of QQ on PWCN about archers being half useless on endgame pvp nowadays? Just curious as I don't understand a word in chinese

I believe there must be changes to old classes as well.
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    Evalria - Sanctuary Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Can't believe I too was expecting some... monster revamp and update. Those screenshots with the new area/s look pretty... normal, compared to the new stuff we have now. (A lot like Morai, Primal maps and such)

Pffft. Well, I guess it's all neat that's an expansion we got coming up some day!

... I can't wait for the 'Moon Fairy' hairstyle inis. >.> <.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I hope the new LA class will have some weaknesses/disadvantages because having another "Assassin-like" class is pretty stupid. I don't want to jump on conclusions but yeah..I'll find it stupid if this new LA class is Assassin v2.

I'll be trying out the new caster class but here's hoping that it's balanced.

The floating city looks cool though.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I think the LA class won't have aps. That is basically %50 of assassins b:chuckle
    Another reason they add a LA class is probably for balancing melee class types.
    Barb, BM, Seeker = HA.
    Archer, sin, the new class = LA.

... I can't wait for the 'Moon Fairy' hairstyle inis. >.> <.<

Oh, yes! I want long hair b:surrender
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I think the LA class won't have aps. That is basically %50 of assassins b:chuckle
    Another reason they add a LA class is probably for balancing melee class types.
    Barb, BM, Seeker = HA.
    Archer, sin, the new class = LA.

Oh, yes! I want long hair b:surrender

APS being a factor for assassins? O.o Only aps worth a salt for sin's nowadays are aps-skills they have now. Aps gear? Any class can use them anyway...

Still, this class seems so far 100% sin-ish...
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Options
    immune to ranged attacks? xD

i really hope they will rework other classes aswell i really don't wanna see myself channelling 2 hours a mountain seize to land it on someone that would be passively immune xD
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    The skills might sound stupid but be reasonable in practice... or not. That's to be seen.

I wish we'd get another skill upgrade/update. Doesn't really have to be new farmable skill, could just be updates to the existing ones. It would be bad if the new classes have some sick skills with little counters because old classes skills aren't up to the new class standards.

...or new farmable skills D: I really like getting new skills and stuff.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    The way I see it the new LA class will have a skills that will have a chance to buy them time to get closer to ranged DDs.

Assuming this is true, if this only works for ranged attacks, then any range based DD is screwed. If this works only at a certain distance, the ranged DDs are slightly less screwed. Kiting could become useless against this class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming