Which one to level first, R1 or R2 ?

Options
freygin
freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
I'm currently 105 102 101 on my cleric and about to level my R2 to 102 but then my friend said it'd be better to stay as low as possible for R2 since lower level will get more exp than higher level from mobs.

I'd like to ask is that right or level doesn't matter anymore because I read in other thread the exp is then based on mob level, not player level after reincarnated, how about exp from Advance EU or meditation, is it based on historical level or the last active level which is R2.

If old rule still applies, what happened when we reached 105 R2, 0 exp ? b:sad
Post edited by freygin on

Comments

• SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Why do people still care about exp?Just freakin play and the exp will come.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I believe your friend is right that your last level is used for exp calculation vs mob level. The mobs in PV are lvl 105. Vs them you get the same exp if your level 101 or 102. Youll get less at 103 though.

I dont know about the AEU exp.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    AEU quest is based on your current level and is lower with 101 then it would be at lv 104.
    So your r1 level doesnt mean anything and so does your r2 level. The level you see now in the left corner of the screen matters for the AEU quest.
    Monster EXP is based on your Level and thats why FC Bosses give the same EXP at every level from Lv 1 to lv 104. Monster with a normal Level like the Monsters in fc lose value the higher you are. when they are green they give less exp and when they are dark green you get even lower exp.
    So thats why FC is not worth the time anymore at lv 100, thats where pv comes into play.
    I gues that you will get slightly lower exp in pv when you are 104 but im not entirely sure if some monsters turn light green when you hit 104 when they do, well a bit less.
    So yea when you level your current level first you will lose a bit exp but not too much.
    I would level the one which gives you the most stats per exp.
  • freygin
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the info, I'll just stay at 101 then or 102 if anyone can confirm that 101 and 102 get the same exp, pv is my only source of exp so every little bit counts.

I wonder what will happen if R2 as the active level is leveled to 105, will exp gain = 0 ? that would suck b:chuckle
  • KuruTu - Harshlands
    KuruTu - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    If your character reaches 105 and you are not 105x3 yet (thus at least one of your historical levels are 104 or below), Book Demon exp wakes automatically and you will be able to level those then; exp gained from PV will be reduced a lot considering some mobs are lv 102 tho.
    Vice versa, if both of your historical levels reach max lvls (105-105-10x), Book Demon is forced to sleep and you will not be allowed to activate it again and all Exp will go to your character
    And after hitting 105x3, you will not get EXP anymore ofc lol and also you might even reach Spirit cap, i stopped getting SP after 2bil spirit pts
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    IIRC PV mobs are level 103-104 which means level 101 players will get more XP from the mobs that are 104, and the same XP as higher levels for mobs that are 103. I think the boss is 104, and I think the frogs are 150 (I really don't remember for sure. Since the mobs are mixed levels and level doesn't matter for the frogs, I imagine the difference between 101 and 102 for the whole run would be less than a couple % at most. A 100 player has a 5% XP advantage vs 102-105 in PV and is why the earliest 105x3 players kept their current level @100 until they were 105/105/100.

Keep in mind, in PVP, getting your current level to 102 has benefits of less damage from 105 players. So if you PVP maxing your current level to 102 (until the others are 105), would be your best option without nerfing mob xp in frost if ever it becomes a thing again.

In my opinion, since your current level is 101 you might as well go 102.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Oh i just checked. The mobs in PV seem to be level 102 (fishkin brute & Lunar dancer) and 105 (bloodp master & Saphire avatar)

The exp formula has the following brackets for level difference:
    -2 to +2: 1.00 multiplier
    -3 to -5: 1.05 multiplier

105 (-3 to -5) = 100 to 102 same exp
    102 (-2 to +2) = 100 to 104 same exp

So i would just go for lvl 102 now and then make your rb1 lvl 105
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • freygin
    edited August 2014
    Options
    So 102 is still safe from exp reduction in pv100 then, I was holding back at 101 85% on the way to 102 at the moment, I thought I'd get less exp but if it works that way I'll continue to 102 and sleep the Book Demon, thanks again b:thanks

--

I'd like to ask another question, I usually do PV 100 using a Barb for luring all the mobs, then I kick my barb and finish the mobs using my cleric, but before I kick my barb, my barb do a few hits like slam or sunder just to keep him alive during luring and tanking at the killing spot, does doing that reduce the exp gain for my cleric ?

The barb only hit while in squad though, not outside squad, I stopped using my veno's bramble guard on my barb coz hitting from outside squad seems to reduce exp, I noticed that when killing Saphire Avatar I sometimes normal attacking it using my barb from outside squad for faster re-squad and the exp is slightly lower.

Never knew exactly how it worked, it's hard to observe with the text always flooding in information window, if anyone know how it really works please do tell. Also does Archer's Sharpened Tooth Arrow that reduces mob hp reduce exp gain ?
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    freygin wrote: »
    I'd like to ask another question, I usually do PV 100 using a Barb for luring all the mobs, then I kick my barb and finish the mobs using my cleric, but before I kick my barb, my barb do a few hits like slam or sunder just to keep him alive during luring and tanking at the killing spot, does doing that reduce the exp gain for my cleric ?

Yes, it does. XP gain is proportional to the amount of damage the mob has received from the players. If your barb AOEs the mobs, he'll have damaged them partwise. The HP reducing arrow of the archer counts as damage as well (the debuff chops off a good portion of the HPs).
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • eagleff
    eagleff Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yep I have 105 - 104 - 102 ( current )

So to keep the nerf away from you, keep your current lvl as low as 102
    and try maxing out your historics then you should start lvling ur currnet and thus you will get nerfed but nothing you can do b:victory
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Half a year later, eh?

Well time to kill this one before it goes around eating the local populace.
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.